Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

DevonFangs

no fat chicks

January 15th, 2013, 6:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsIs very fat the typical attention-catching exaggeration?It appearsThis is not clever.

tagoma

no fat chicks

January 15th, 2013, 7:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletQuoteOriginally posted by: LTrainAnd maybe fat women have a greater pre-disposition to crime for reasons not understood??Sometimes I could kill for chocolate. (I'm a very fat woman.).. just like any woman.

ExSan

no fat chicks

January 15th, 2013, 7:33 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletSometimes I could kill for chocolate. (I'm a very fat woman.)I live in a chocolate republic. I hardly eat chocolate. Even in months or during the whole year I do not try chocolate even though we are supposed to have one of the best chocolate / cacao in S.A. Here, chocolate is every where, in all meals all the time. There are very strange dishes like meat with chocolate, soup of chocolate, ice creams, etc. etc. I am fed up of chocolate.

tagoma

no fat chicks

January 15th, 2013, 7:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletSometimes I could kill for chocolate. (I'm a very fat woman.)I live in a chocolate republic. I hardly eat chocolate. Even in months or during the whole year I do not try chocolate even though we are supposed to have one of the best chocolate / cacao in S.A. Here, chocolate is every where, in all meals all the time. There are very strange dishes like meat with chocolate, soup of chocolate, ice creams, etc. etc. I am fed up of chocolate.now girls, you know where does your new El Dorado locate

Ultraviolet

no fat chicks

January 15th, 2013, 11:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsIs very fat the typical attention-catching exaggeration?It appearsThis is not clever.I'll have to buy myself one of those nerdy glasses to see better what's clever and what is not.@trackstar I'll post pictures of my fav chocolate when I get home (spent all day at airports :-/)

trackstar

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 1:38 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Ultraviolet@trackstar I'll post pictures of my fav chocolate when I get home (spent all day at airports :-/)Excellent! And I am eagerly awaiting the first film.Maybe we can develop a quantitative basis for your choices, like men with birthdays of 3.14, 3.15, 3.09....,

DevonFangs

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 7:00 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: Ultraviolet@trackstar I'll post pictures of my fav chocolate when I get home (spent all day at airports :-/)Excellent! And I am eagerly awaiting the first film.Maybe we can develop a quantitative basis for your choices, like men with birthdays of 3.14, 3.15, 3.09....,Don't forget those dates are nonsense in Europe and UK. You might want to look for a dude born on 27 Jan '82 instead.

trackstar

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 12:53 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: Ultraviolet@trackstar I'll post pictures of my fav chocolate when I get home (spent all day at airports :-/)Excellent! And I am eagerly awaiting the first film.Maybe we can develop a quantitative basis for your choices, like men with birthdays of 3.14, 3.15, 3.09....,Don't forget those dates are nonsense in Europe and UK. You might want to look for a dude born on 27 Jan '82 instead.I already thought about it and this form would be an advantage in the UK, as the police would not catch on so quickly to the "Chocolate Pie/Pi Killer".I could not decide if it should always be in the 3.xy (Rolling through the sequence), form or maybe it should move entirely e.g 3.14, 1.5,...

CrashedMint

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 4:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperMale Jurors More Likely To Find Overweight Women GuiltyMy theory: Omitted variable bias.1. If not the result of an actual illness fat people are fat because they have no self-control or simply stopped caring. In both cases I wouldn't be too surprised if their general appearance was lacking: Haircut overdue sind weeks, clothes not pressed etc. So maybe they reason the jurors don't like them is not them being "fat" but simply them presenting them really unfavorable.2. Obesity might be a signal for "less education" or "less income". Probably if you live in a very urban (read ghetto) neighborhood chances that you are fat are higher. Also chances that you are criminal are higher, or maybe chances that you end up prosecuted are higher. Potentially that's what juror mix up.

DevonFangs

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 4:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperMale Jurors More Likely To Find Overweight Women GuiltyMy theory: Omitted variable bias.1. If not the result of an actual illness fat people are fat because they have no self-control or simply stopped caring. In both cases I wouldn't be too surprised if their general appearance was lacking: Haircut overdue sind weeks, clothes not pressed etc. So maybe they reason the jurors don't like them is not them being "fat" but simply them presenting them really unfavorable.2. Obesity might be a signal for "less education" or "less income". Probably if you live in a very urban (read ghetto) neighborhood chances that you are fat are higher. Also chances that you are criminal are higher, or maybe chances that you end up prosecuted are higher. Potentially that's what juror mix up.Haven't seen you in ages. Where have you been?

CrashedMint

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 4:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperMale Jurors More Likely To Find Overweight Women GuiltyMy theory: Omitted variable bias.1. If not the result of an actual illness fat people are fat because they have no self-control or simply stopped caring. In both cases I wouldn't be too surprised if their general appearance was lacking: Haircut overdue sind weeks, clothes not pressed etc. So maybe they reason the jurors don't like them is not them being "fat" but simply them presenting them really unfavorable.2. Obesity might be a signal for "less education" or "less income". Probably if you live in a very urban (read ghetto) neighborhood chances that you are fat are higher. Also chances that you are criminal are higher, or maybe chances that you end up prosecuted are higher. Potentially that's what juror mix up.Haven't seen you in ages. Where have you been?3 weeks holiday. no internet. pretty cool actually =)By the way, when it comes to chocolate I recommend "Confiserie Sprüngli". They are -by far- the best, even better than Godiva. Not to be confused with the unrelated "Lindt & Sprüngli" who are also doing chocolate, but of much lower quality.

tagoma

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 4:34 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarNo scrawny Bible thumping girly menNo Italians who go on excessive drinking binges on weekendsNo French Spaniards who roam the Left Bank with dark intent. And no, I am not heavy myself, but I will defend the very small sisterhood on this Forum.I don't have my Rosetta stone with me here in Bordeaux, but it seems to me there are somehow hidden meanings here.

Cuchulainn

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 5:38 pm

TS does not hide things.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on January 15th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTrain

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 5:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: Ultraviolet(I'm a very fat woman.)Is very fat the typical attention-catching exaggeration? Chubby is OK, very fat is not healthy.More to love!!

DevonFangs

no fat chicks

January 16th, 2013, 6:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: LTrainQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: Ultraviolet(I'm a very fat woman.)Is very fat the typical attention-catching exaggeration? Chubby is OK, very fat is not healthy.More to love!! I take back that it's not healthy.