SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Traden4Alpha

Re: no fat chicks

April 11th, 2018, 12:22 am

Alas, the US is not a developed country. The gender gap has grown slightly in recent years to 5.0.

katastrofa

April 11th, 2018, 2:58 am

Deaths at younger ages (suicides or accidental) aside, since men's life expectancy at the age of 65 have been levelling up to women's, their wives don't need to worry about long widowhood. In 2016 the difference (at 65) was 2.6 years: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus16.pdf#01

Collector

April 11th, 2018, 8:08 am

with the drop in life expectancy will the gender gap narrow or widen?

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/21/heal ... index.html

ppauper
Topic Author

April 22nd, 2018, 4:26 pm

Two women are running the London Marathon in their underwear for body positivity
Bryony Gordon, a Telegraph columnist and plus-size model Jada Sezer

(edit)
they finished in 7:19:11 which works out to 16:45 a miles

tagoma

April 22nd, 2018, 7:32 pm

Two women are running the London Marathon in their underwear for body positivity

(edit)
they finished in 7:19:11 which works out to 16:45 a miles
Where did they pin their bibs?

ppauper
Topic Author

April 22nd, 2018, 8:12 pm

(edit)
they finished in 7:19:11 which works out to 16:45 a mile
Where did they pin their bibs?

ppauper
Topic Author

May 10th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Woman Kicked Off Harry Potter Ride for Being Too Fat Terry Hayne
Schmiedling maintains her ejection from the ride constitutes discrimination. “Exclusion and shame,” she asserts, “are not motivational techniques; they’re forms of bullying. … Exclusion makes me, a logical and educated person, believe that I’m at fault for not fitting into this ride instead of recognizing that rides should accommodate all people’s bodies.”
Furthermore, Schmiedling notes the incident made her realize the Harry Potter saga itself is sizeist. “Upon further investigation, the books and movies have only a few big characters and most of them are antagonistic,” she laments.
Schmiedling also explains her obsession with the supernatural book series, which began in 2017 due to her malaise over politics: “I got deeply sucked in last year. It was the depression and disgust surrounding Donald Trump’s election that sent me into a [Young Adult] fantasy endurance run.”

ppauper
Topic Author

June 22nd, 2018, 7:58 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

August 30th, 2018, 10:26 pm

cosmo uk cover features the lovely Tess Holliday

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/30/piers-mor ... -cosmo-uk/

katastrofa

August 30th, 2018, 11:07 pm

It's cold today and I've been grazing on my vegan snacks all evening, but the photos made me lose appetite - thank you. My impression is that it's thankfully changing. I've recently had a health check-up and they've measured my height and weight, as usual. My BMI is underweight, but when I told the physician that I intentionally keep my weight low, she showed me a thumb up! Previously some obese cows made negative comments or even implied that I was anorexic, begging for my snide retort (and I'm a generous person in this respect).

katastrofa

September 6th, 2018, 1:30 pm

The heroes of our times.
I searched for less formal photos of the authors of this study. Don't you think it might be a bit biased?
ImageImage

"In fact, more than 50 human genes including MC4R, FTO, PPAR-g, LEPTR and others have been shown to contribute to obesity and different patients may have a different combination of variants in these genes. Thus, being the genetic factors, an important determinant of obesity does not necessarily imply that we can use these genetic factors to develop personalized treatments or specific molecular diagnostic biomarkers for obesity. Unravelling this complexity may be feasible in the future, particularly if the promises of artificial intelligence to make meaning of big data and therapeutic opportunities provided by genetic engineering technologies are fulfilled."

There's only one hope for the obese: we need to develop an AI as powerful as a human brain to analyse the big fat data and discover all the complex genetic mechanisms and patterns which lead to the causal relation between eating too much and/or moving too little and getting fat. Then science will defeat obesity.

ppauper
Topic Author

September 6th, 2018, 1:47 pm

There's only one hope for the obese: we need to develop an AI as powerful as a human brain to analyse the big fat data and discover all the complex genetic mechanisms and patterns which lead to the causal relation between eating too much and/or moving too little and getting fat. Then science will defeat obesity.
or maybe they could just eat less and move more

katastrofa

September 6th, 2018, 5:56 pm

or maybe they could just eat less and  move more
I think the problem is much more complicated than that.

ppauper
Topic Author

November 22nd, 2018, 6:44 am

Buffy Apologizes for Reminding People ‘Not to Overeat’ on Thanksgiving: ‘Terribly Sorry that People Were Offended’
I’m just going to pin these up all over my house as a reminder not to overeat on Thursday

Buffy was guilty of fat-shaming
I can't figure out that arm

ppauper
Topic Author

December 5th, 2018, 4:56 pm

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On