Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Traden4Alpha

hacking things

February 22nd, 2014, 10:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI was in a hurry just now and accidentally started to unbutton my coat with *two* buttons in parallel using one hand per button.It's a stayer!It now seems so inefficient and slow to just focus on one button at a time.It's those dual ARM processors!LOL. Your jokes are 3x more funny now that you migrated to your 12 core machine! LOL! Does this mean I can unbutton things 12 at time? It works for unzipping, right?

rmax

hacking things

June 26th, 2014, 6:36 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunThis is a nice hack to remember:How to tie a secure shoelace knotAlso known as the "Tibetan Trekking Knot" or "Sherpa Knot", this is the most common secure shoelace knot: Make a Standard Shoelace Knot, but before pulling tight, run the loop around and through the middle for a second time.I learnt that as the "Victorian's Gentlemen's" knot. I used to work in a Shoeshop many years ago and this was the way we were taught to tie the shoelaces.

Traden4Alpha

hacking things

June 26th, 2014, 6:49 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunThis is a nice hack to remember:How to tie a secure shoelace knotAlso known as the "Tibetan Trekking Knot" or "Sherpa Knot", this is the most common secure shoelace knot: Make a Standard Shoelace Knot, but before pulling tight, run the loop around and through the middle for a second time.I learnt that as the "Victorian's Gentlemen's" knot. I used to work in a Shoeshop many years ago and this was the way we were taught to tie the shoelaces.Perhaps the Victorian Gentleman learned the knot whilst drinking G&Ts in Darjeeling.

tags

hacking things

August 25th, 2014, 9:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunUSB condom"Many public locations now offer USB charging stations, but it's a trivial task to modify one of these to allow an attacker to access your data. Int3.cc's device cuts off access to the data transfer pins on the USB port, while still permitting access to the power supply." "Stay safe" - Lisa Minelli (1992)

Traden4Alpha

hacking things

August 25th, 2014, 9:41 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunUSB condom"Many public locations now offer USB charging stations, but it's a trivial task to modify one of these to allow an attacker to access your data. Int3.cc's device cuts off access to the data transfer pins on the USB port, while still permitting access to the power supply." I wonder how many people are reading about this whilst at a public WiFi hotspot?

tags

hacking things

October 20th, 2014, 6:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunuse a fake location for booking cheap airfarewell ... that's interesting but ++ unfortunately ++ that has never provided me with cheaper flight, may that be Paris-Bogota, Paris-Medellin, Geneva-Bogota, Geneva-Medellin, Madrid-Bogota, Madrid-Medellin. maybe I spared a couple of bucks but not much. anyway I try out again (this and other aimed to pay less) for each new flight!