Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

tags
Topic Author

A thread about people in the OT: or the Meta OT people thread

March 16th, 2013, 12:11 pm

The thread for chats on people participating to the fine-art, fine-tuned masterpiece that is the is OT. Comments about, Wilmotters individually, girls, boys, genderless, or the communauty as a whole. Of course, slapping is not required.

tags
Topic Author

March 16th, 2013, 12:12 pm

many people have turned really weird these last days, and several threads just have had NO sense .... LOL
Last edited by tags on March 15th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

March 16th, 2013, 12:24 pm

It like the difference between micro and macro economics.You may think you understand the workings of one firm, one rational, utility-maximizing individual, or one stand-alone OT thread. And you may be right or wrong, even then.But how can one grasp the whole system - all firms, all governments, all individuals, rational, irrational, and everything in between. And what is utility maximization anyway?Threads intersect, discussions take place behind Off and then off the Forum completely.You cannot see it all, even with the finest electron microscope, or most powerful radio telescope.Time to give up on understanding everything and just exist. **PS: It is not weird - the OT is ever so slowly getting better - approaching what it used to be in the Renaissance.
Last edited by trackstar on March 15th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags
Topic Author

March 17th, 2013, 5:54 pm

amin doesn't change at all.i 'm starting to suspect he's a French citizen.

tags
Topic Author

March 19th, 2013, 5:01 pm

there has been a storm of craziness over the OT people spending their time on Amin's Where is my religious perspecution thread!

ExSan

March 19th, 2013, 7:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardthere has been a storm of craziness over the OT people spending their time on Amin's Where is my religious perspecution thread!countenders will get tired soon and the calm will reign again,
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

Cuchulainn

March 19th, 2013, 8:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardthere has been a storm of craziness over the OT people spending their time on Amin's Where is my religious perspecution thread!countenders will get tired soon and the calm will reign again,But what about the future?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on March 18th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags
Topic Author

March 19th, 2013, 9:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardthere has been a storm of craziness over the OT people spending their time on Amin's Where is my religious perspecution thread!countenders will get tired soon and the calm will reign again,But what about the future?Convex or not convex. That is the question.

DevonFangs

March 20th, 2013, 9:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardmany people have turned really weird these last days, and several threads just have had NO sense .... LOLColorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Polter

March 20th, 2013, 9:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardmany people have turned really weird these last days, and several threads just have had NO sense .... LOLColorless green ideas sleep furiously.

DevonFangs

March 20th, 2013, 9:53 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PolterQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardmany people have turned really weird these last days, and several threads just have had NO sense .... LOLColorless green ideas sleep furiously.Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Traden4Alpha

March 20th, 2013, 10:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: PolterQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardmany people have turned really weird these last days, and several threads just have had NO sense .... LOLColorless green ideas sleep furiously.Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.Pencil, sharpener now! Or throat warbler mangrove plaid visitation rights.

tags
Topic Author

March 29th, 2013, 8:29 pm

That happens TS is not here for some time (for 1 day or more). And, she comes back in 'browsing mode', that is she posts many new messages in not-active/old threads in a short lapse time.The way these threads are picked up is probably not a random process. I am investigating this.IT seems to me that TS started to do that after Mr Farmer left the OT thread. She then posted in several (many) threads started by Farmer or threads where the latter was the last poster.For this reason, I assume that such TS's behavior is kindda response to a trauma. But, I need much time for investigating before I'll be able to draw well-grounded conclusions.
Last edited by tags on March 28th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

March 29th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Don't think too hard - you might hurt yourself.**Long before you arrived on the scene I used to troll through archives from time to time and would bring some of my favorite threads forward.So it's just a little hobby; typically for a weekend afternoon or evening. **The Day of 34 Threads for farmer was a special project.And successful, in its own way.
Last edited by trackstar on March 28th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags
Topic Author

March 29th, 2013, 8:42 pm

QuoteDon't think too hard - you might hurt yourself.Denial is one of the symptoms of the syndrom I am investigating.
Last edited by tags on March 28th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.