Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ppauper

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 10:31 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnBTW the title of this thread has spelling error. Who can spot it?not an error, it was explained by outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammer

Cuchulainn

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 11:23 am

It's an eye-sore.

Cuchulainn

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 11:52 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?

Traden4Alpha

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 1:18 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?

katastrofa

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 1:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?

Traden4Alpha

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 2:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?Exactly; not to be comfused with the semcolonialist; who punctuates everything with semicolons.

Cuchulainn

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 2:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?Exactly; not to be comfused with the semcolonialist; who punctuates everything with semicolons.Don't forget the 12 apostrophies!

Cuchulainn

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 2:27 pm

Aside from his restrictive rationing of the colon, McCarthy declares his stylistic convictions with simplicity: ?I believe in periods, in capitals, in the occasional comma, and that?s it.? It?s a discipline he learned first in a college English class, where he worked to simplify 18th century essays for a textbook the professor was editing. Early modern English is notoriously cluttered with confounding punctuation, which did not become standardized until comparatively recently. Kommas are making a komebakk, expecially with copy editors who want to be writers.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 28th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 7:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?Exactly; not to be comfused with the semcolonialist; who punctuates everything with semicolons.That sounds like a severe case of semi-colonopathy.

Traden4Alpha

Grammer Questions

November 29th, 2014, 10:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?Exactly; not to be comfused with the semcolonialist; who punctuates everything with semicolons.That sounds like a severe case of semi-colonopathy.Indeed! Symptoms include vowel movements that end in ellipses.

Cuchulainn

Grammer Questions

November 30th, 2014, 11:10 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?Exactly; not to be comfused with the semcolonialist; who punctuates everything with semicolons.That sounds like a severe case of semi-colonopathy.Indeed! Symptoms include vowel movements that end in ellipses.Is this symptom consonant or is it punctuated by epiphanies, streams of consciousness, Throwaways and Matcham's masterstrokes? WHAT?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 29th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

Grammer Questions

November 30th, 2014, 1:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?Exactly; not to be comfused with the semcolonialist; who punctuates everything with semicolons.That sounds like a severe case of semi-colonopathy.Indeed! Symptoms include vowel movements that end in ellipses.Is this symptom consonant or is it punctuated by epiphanies, streams of consciousness, Throwaways and Matcham's masterstrokes? WHAT?That and worse! Victims of this dreaded condition also suffer from hyphenventilation, exclammy skin, split infinitives, and swollen gerunds. In ancient times, they would not have survived for long before being eaten by a thesaurus.

Cuchulainn

Grammer Questions

November 30th, 2014, 1:40 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunLOL grammerSaid the pot to the kettle?indeed! I won't let an opportunity like that pass me by!My errorrate is approx 1 char per word right now, I have no idea where that's coming from. I type, I read back, and then it's full of errors.It's not incorrect. Isn't a grammer a person who measures things in grams?As opposed to an imperialist, who measures everything in imperial units?Exactly; not to be comfused with the semcolonialist; who punctuates everything with semicolons.That sounds like a severe case of semi-colonopathy.Indeed! Symptoms include vowel movements that end in ellipses.Is this symptom consonant or is it punctuated by epiphanies, streams of consciousness, Throwaways and Matcham's masterstrokes? WHAT?That and worse! Victims of this dreaded condition also suffer from hyphenventilation, exclammy skin, split infinitives, and swollen gerunds. In ancient times, they would not have survived for long before being eaten by a thesaurus.Is that the same as a fonttthesaurus? Lots of scurvy letter types.And renegade apostrophes.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 29th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.