SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Amin
Topic Author

How to safeguard my research

July 6th, 2013, 1:22 am

I love mathematical finance and I tried to do good work in the past. When I did the paper on analytic solution of PDEs by brownian bridging, I was barely conscious because there were so much drugs in my brain. Those papers were also released prematurely since I knew there were devices on my computer and my research goes to and is analyzed by some experts in the field hired by pentagon. I do not expect everybody to believe it but since mediocre hardliners of pentagon went to the extreme limits of drugging the cities of London, Tokyo and Hong Kong to materialize their fanciful dream of retarding me, I feared they could hand my research to someone and publish it. Admittedly this might be just a fear, but I cannot preclude the possibility of such acts by these lowly heroes of Pentagon. I am faced by the question how to safeguard my research. I really do not understand why good and sensible Americans do not bridle these nasty heroes of theirs. Has the collective wisdom of this nation died?
Last edited by Amin on November 25th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

July 6th, 2013, 6:16 am

paper and pencil.safer than using your computer

tagoma

July 6th, 2013, 6:59 am

Isn't there a reality television program where you could participate in?I mean I'm curious to see the CIA in action while you're outputing your solid ideas into a computer.And there would probably be big boobies, sex and drugs around. Good for you, my friend!
Last edited by tagoma on July 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frolloos

July 6th, 2013, 7:14 am

I had/have a friend who is a talented artist. Unfortunately he smoked one joint too many and drank too much, and at a certain point believed he was in telepathic contact with the world's leaders to protect the world against aliens. He is now in a 'closed institution' and it wasn't the secret service or aliens that put him there. My point being when you start getting too paranoid it may be time to seek some professional and well-meant help.
Last edited by frolloos on July 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amin
Topic Author

July 6th, 2013, 7:36 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperpaper and pencil.safer than using your computerThat is how Gauss, Laplace and others did in old times. Unfortunately we are too addicted to fast computers.

Amin
Topic Author

July 6th, 2013, 7:38 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: frolloosI had/have a friend who is a talented artist. Unfortunately he smoked one joint too many and drank too much, and at a certain point believed he was in telepathic contact with the world's leaders to protect the world against aliens.Unfortunately these are nasty mediocre heroes (of red states) of yours who think they are protecting the world from me.

frolloos

July 6th, 2013, 7:50 am

It's a lonely place there beyond the event horizon.

Amin
Topic Author

July 6th, 2013, 10:31 am

I am not very familiar with red states but it seems that neocon churches there teach that world has to be protected from muslims at all cost. Please teach these dudes how to respect human beings if they consider muslims to be among them. Any muslim being very successful rings alarm bells here. Really Pentagon needs some talent and vision. As long as shit continues to go there, these red dudes will continue to "protect" America from Islam.
Last edited by Amin on July 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frolloos

July 6th, 2013, 11:08 am

Oh, is it the religion thing again?Not sure which red state you're referring to. But the Netherlands is not red and there is only one party (PVV) which has anti-Islam as its core business. This PVV is led by a dude with peroxide hair (looks like an experiment gone wrong) and shit for brains but unfortunately yes he has some followers. Overall though I think the Netherlands is quite a moderate country. And again, the world is not anti-Islam but anti-extremism. And the world is certainly not against people writing mathematical finance letters, even if it would be written in Arabic. Afterall, mathematical finance is not exactly atomic bomb or chemical warfare material now is it?

Cuchulainn

July 6th, 2013, 11:48 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AminQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperpaper and pencil.safer than using your computerThat is how Gauss, Laplace and others did in old times. Unfortunately we are too addicted to fast computers.I have recently replaced my 90W adapter by a 65W adapter on my "weekend" laptop and I have never looked back Slows things down just nice.In the old days of computing you had to pay for each cpu cycle to the mainframe mob, so you bloody well get the design right first time.The biggest problem in Laplace's day was incorrect log tables which screwed up his celestial mechanics. Were he alive tody he would be a Fortran (not Python and not C++) programmer. Ditto for Gauss, but he would do it in machine language.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

July 6th, 2013, 11:58 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: frolloosI had/have a friend who is a talented artist.Amsterdam is full of talented artistes.

frolloos

July 6th, 2013, 12:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: frolloosI had/have a friend who is a talented artist.Amsterdam is full of talented artistes.Not as talented as the artists in The Hague where I live:

tagoma

July 6th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Anyway Amin your research will always be at risk as long there are some memories left in your brain.You know better than me that the CIA is listening 24/7/365 to what's going on in your head thanks to the SpoutAmin satellite they launched in 1986 when you were hardly 4 and the US were yet suspecting you would be a math finance superstar, later on.
Last edited by tagoma on July 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Positron

July 6th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Amin your research was stolen by rogue NSA agent Ed Snowden. You should intercept him on his way to Venezuela and take him away. The free world and people of Pakistan depend on you. I have booked a ticket to Moscow from Karachi for today. Should you be captured we will deny any relation to this operation.

Cuchulainn

July 6th, 2013, 6:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: frolloosQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: frolloosI had/have a friend who is a talented artist.Amsterdam is full of talented artistes.Not as talented as the artists in The Hague where I live:I am sure Diederik and Marc are very happy together. This is not the Den Haag I knew and loved; a lot has changed in the last 50 years.Have they still good Indonesian restaurants? In Amsterdam there are ones in Rembrandtplein and Overtoom.ooh ooh den Haag more
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On