Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

tags
Topic Author

Re: Chatroom

June 11th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Kinda reverse meta question here  (what?)  --

I have been pressured by colleagues/contacts and for ages now to join the whatsapp thing (for professional purpose).
I hate to be in this situation when I feel I'm the one who is right (not giving away my data to cheeky Markus) but I will finally have to give up to my social environment (evolution what?). Just like I finally bought a cell not so many years ago, because I had become too weird to people for not having one (and yeah ... buying a dumbphone nokia hasn't really helped me out, then...)

The point is that I'm being insulated for not being on whatsuck. It is pretty standard in my industry ... so distrubing that many big commodities players are using this app with management (at least implicit) approval to exchange information on markets, deals, etc... (after 2017, I leave it to you to judge whether GS fit in this category of commodities traders).

BTW What shall be my posture please? It would be difficult to convince everyone to move to Telegram or the like.

Any comments welcome. Merci!

tags
Topic Author

July 2nd, 2018, 5:53 pm

I m on Victoria Street, London, right now.
If you re around make the square root of time dance.
I ll recognize you.

Cuchulainn

July 2nd, 2018, 8:47 pm

I m on Victoria Street, London, right now.
If you re around make the square root of time dance.
I ll recognize you.

tags
Topic Author

July 8th, 2018, 3:05 pm

I have been pressured by colleagues/contacts and for ages now to join the whatsapp thing (for professional purpose).
I hate to be in this situation when I feel I'm the one who is right (not giving away my data to cheeky Markus) but I will finally have to give up to my social environment (evolution what?). Just like I finally bought a cell not so many years ago, because I had become too weird to people for not having one (and yeah ... buying a dumbphone nokia hasn't really helped me out, then...)

The point is that I'm being insulated for not being on whatsuck. It is pretty standard in my industry ... so distrubing that many big commodities players are using this app with management (at least implicit) approval to exchange information on markets, deals, etc... (after 2017, I leave it to you to judge whether GS fit in this category of commodities traders).

BTW What shall be my posture please? It would be difficult to convince everyone to move to Telegram or the like.

Markus' whatsapp thing is so intrusive it pops a message when iphone battery gets too low (which ... yeah.. never takes long)

Cuchulainn

July 8th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Markus' whatsapp thing is so intrusive it pops a message when iphone battery gets too low (which ... yeah.. never takes long)
WhatSAPP on Nokia 3310?

tags
Topic Author

July 8th, 2018, 8:11 pm

WhatSAPP on Nokia 3310?
No! What a dreadful thought! The Whassapp thing is for the iphone provided by my employer's company.

tags
Topic Author

May 11th, 2021, 7:57 pm

How are you doing?

Paul

May 11th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Very well, thank you. And you?

tags
Topic Author

May 12th, 2021, 9:42 am

Not too bad, Not too bad. I can't complain!

Copenhagentolondon
Location: Somewhere between Kastrup and Luton screaming at Ryanair staff

May 12th, 2021, 10:04 am

You guys going out to travel this summer?
Fish fingers and custard?

Cuchulainn

May 12th, 2021, 11:30 am

Together?

tags
Topic Author

May 12th, 2021, 1:03 pm

Together?
What hemisphere?

Paul

May 12th, 2021, 4:49 pm

Too much paperwork.

Copenhagentolondon
Location: Somewhere between Kastrup and Luton screaming at Ryanair staff

May 12th, 2021, 5:27 pm

wilmotttrip.png
We should all go to norway?
Fish fingers and custard?

Cuchulainn

May 12th, 2021, 5:52 pm

wilmotttrip.png

We should all go to norway?
Too late; the passengers have all taken the last train for the coast.
BTW who goes to the back of the bus?

Or Finland?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHsoEAAMZU