Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

trackstar

Re: Chatroom

May 13th, 2021, 4:38 pm

I was awaiting your appearance, and you did not disappoint! On a technical note, though, I think you are really not describing hedging as much as that other staple of risk management — diversification. Sorry, upon second reading you did actually point it out as such.
I am short men and long electric guitars. 

A tried and true diversifying hedge since the 1980s... : D

Copenhagentolondon
Location: Somewhere between Kastrup and Luton screaming at Ryanair staff

May 13th, 2021, 4:47 pm

I am certain you've got the right idea Trackstar. I am doing my best to develop my hedges. I have calligraphy and document design. Good for keeping life moving forward. I do very much like the look of that Les Paul. You must be a satisfied man. 
Fish fingers and custard?

trackstar

May 13th, 2021, 4:51 pm

I am certain you've got the right idea Trackstar. I am doing my best to develop my hedges. I have calligraphy and document design. Good for keeping life moving forward. I do very much like the look of that Les Paul. You must be a satisfied man. 
I am indeed and thankful for it. 

Calligraphy is very cool.  I have a few books on illuminated manuscripts and also one of the Voynich manuscript - a mystery maybe you have heard about it.

Voynich Manuscript - Beinecke Rare Books and Manuscript Library Yale U.

Time I was on my way, but still I'm much obliged, for such a pleasant stay...
Take care and perhaps see you all anon.
Last edited by trackstar on May 13th, 2021, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags
Topic Author

May 13th, 2021, 4:54 pm

Whatever guitar Page picks it sounds like Page if I may say my dear.

trackstar

May 13th, 2021, 4:57 pm

Whatever guitar Page picks it sounds like Page if I may say my dear.
Great DVD: It Might Get Loud -IMDb - simple shoot in a studio: Jimmy, The Edge (U2, as you know), and Jack White, just talking, sharing history and ideas, & jamming. One of my favorite music films. Enjoy the weekend!

bearish

May 13th, 2021, 5:30 pm

Just to clarify one point - trackstar is one of the two prominent women of Wilmott.

Cuchulainn

May 13th, 2021, 5:55 pm

Just to clarify one point - trackstar is one of the two prominent women of Wilmott.
Platinum card member since 28 August 2008, around 9.30 EST.

trackstar

May 13th, 2021, 6:00 pm

I do very much like the look of that Les Paul. You must be a satisfied man. 
I liked this idea very much. "Blue skies" thinking.

Why do you want to take that away from me, bros? : D

bearish

May 13th, 2021, 6:22 pm

He might have reconsidered Paul’s advice and started hitting on you. He hasn’t yet asked who the other one is, although perhaps it was already clear.

trackstar

May 13th, 2021, 6:30 pm

He might have reconsidered Paul’s advice and started hitting on you. He hasn’t yet asked who the other one is, although perhaps it was already clear.
La Brea Tar Pits in sight! But you guys go ahead and jump in - have fun!

I am going to the barn now - my old trainer and I click just like before and I will begin jumping again soon.

Forum is Performance Art - Barn is Real. 

Hasta la Vista, boys and girls. : )

Copenhagentolondon

May 13th, 2021, 11:26 pm

No my good sirs and ladies (apologies on not remembering), you already told me 2 years ago, I just simply forgot, Katastrofa is the other one, I did remember her, sorry trackstar. 
I do take the advice, but I am sincerely very satisfied with my girlfriend. I do not need anyone else, girl, boy, horse or minched meat steak  :lol:

trackstar

May 13th, 2021, 11:44 pm

Not a problem.  Beware of bearish though - now that President Trump truly has left office, he is at loose ends and likely to become a troublemaker outside the Politics Forum.  You might also know already that he is Norwegian and so there is deep history between your nations. 

Forewarned is forearmed!

bearish

May 14th, 2021, 12:48 am

I resemble that remark! As far as the last election goes, to quote a senior manager of a firm we both know well, “we can’t rest our laurels on that!” The stakes may in fact be much higher the next time around. Regarding our Nordic brotherhood, we’ll get along based on a common view of the Swedes. Hint: not favorable.

bearish

May 14th, 2021, 12:50 am

Hopefully, the elusive girl in London is not Swedish. That would undermine my argument.

Copenhagentolondon

May 14th, 2021, 11:36 am

I agree in part bearish and no the elusive girl isn't swedish, but she has a favorable disposition towards sweden as opposed to denmark (Hitlers aryan breeding grounds) where foreigners aren't at all welcome if they don't speak danish fluently. Which to be honest is a little bit insane, She's polish and can't catch the danish language too well. She's very warm for US, UK and Sweden, as they're open and gives her the chance to work hard in her field. But neither of us have considered norway beyond the scope that... It is there.

Your argument might be somewhat undermined by the fact that my stepfather, who I look up to a lot, is swedish. Than again... He hates sweden too, so I guess I'm at a status quo from that. The swedes and the danes definitely have a rivalry going still, but I simply don't favor them because they seem to me to be some woozies. I haven't considered our other scandinavian brethren much, because they're not that active. The danish relations to norway was always a bit like the happy cuddly cousin.