SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

why are some guys left-wing?

October 9th, 2013, 7:06 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskT4A, I apologize for the BH song reference. It was stupid. It just came to my mind, because I think that too many peaple want children as social aid, but at the other hand give them alms, because they do not trust them .... But this has nothing to do with the charity assesment. Sorry.when i read it this came into my head ..I rather think of me talking to myself in the future.Good. Next stage is monolog interior.

Gamal

October 10th, 2013, 8:18 am

I am greedy, you must be greedy to work in finance, but I am not at all envious. If I envy someone, I always envy what this person is and not what this person has. So I cannot be leftist

Cuchulainn

October 10th, 2013, 8:25 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalI am greedy, you must be greedy to work in finance, but I am not at all envious. If I envy someone, I always envy what this person is and not what this person has. So I cannot be leftist While your at it, maybe now is the time for you to check the other NINE Commandments How do you score?QuoteYou shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 9th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamal

October 10th, 2013, 9:35 am

I've told you, I'm an Oriental Christian so I'm not a religious accountant in the Western style. My approach to religion is loose, relaxed and joyful. I am a bad Christian but it's better to be a bad Christian than a good disbeliever.
Last edited by Gamal on October 9th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

October 10th, 2013, 10:09 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalI've told you, I'm an Oriental Christian so I'm not a religious accountant in the Western style. My approach to religion is loose, relaxed and joyful. I am a bad Christian but it's better to be a bad Christian than a good disbeliever.You don't believe in the Commandments?

Gamal

October 10th, 2013, 10:30 am

You know, the problem with you - Western accountants is that your understanding of the word "believe" is very narrow. For you Genesis is nothing more than a construction progress report.BTW - don't you think this is an off-topic?

Cuchulainn

October 10th, 2013, 10:34 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalYou know, the problem with you - Western accountants is that your understanding of the word "believe" is very narrow. For you Genesis is nothing more than a construction progress report.BTW - don't you think this is an off-topic?Flattery will get you nowhereI didn't know this was a problem. I am starting to get worried. More a la carte? // OT^n == OT, n = 1,2,3,...
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 9th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

October 10th, 2013, 10:49 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalYou know, the problem with you - Western accountants is that your understanding of the word "believe" is very narrow. For you Genesis is nothing more than a construction progress report.BTW - don't you think this is an off-topic?you aren't claiming that Oriental Christians take a somewhat different approach to Genesis are you ?
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Gamal

October 10th, 2013, 10:56 am

Open a thread if you're interested in this subject. Maybe I will explain you some things and maybe will not.

exneratunrisk

October 10th, 2013, 1:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskT4A, I apologize for the BH song reference. It was stupid. It just came to my mind, because I think that too many peaple want children as social aid, but at the other hand give them alms, because they do not trust them .... But this has nothing to do with the charity assesment. Sorry.You need not apologize! I'd wager the most on the forum understood it. I'm the odd one who is befuddled by music!Sometimes it is required to stand my mirror image.BTW, today I closed two sales without having been greedy - and, what a shame, I did so little work ...
Last edited by exneratunrisk on October 9th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

October 10th, 2013, 2:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskT4A, I apologize for the BH song reference. It was stupid. It just came to my mind, because I think that too many peaple want children as social aid, but at the other hand give them alms, because they do not trust them .... But this has nothing to do with the charity assesment. Sorry.You need not apologize! I'd wager the most on the forum understood it. I'm the odd one who is befuddled by music!Sometimes it is required to stand my mirror image.BTW, today I closed two sales without having been greedy - and, what a shame, I did so little work ... Congratulations on the sales!Perhaps it shows there's an optimal level of greed -- too little greed and one lacks motivation to accomplish anything but too much greed and one's customers, investors, partners, etc. will become wary.

exneratunrisk

October 11th, 2013, 7:27 am

After 9 hours refreshing and restful sleep:A real left wing person does not live or work to get picked, but chooses herself. If you are not needed to get picked, you might be still a little greedy, but never envious. You don't strive for a personal perfection, consequently, there is not need to parrot. You may enjoy creating more value than you can capture and consequently share - sharing does not mean to prefer collective over individual.But those who need to get picked, want to put attributes and typologies to their competitors.

Cuchulainn

October 11th, 2013, 7:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskAfter 9 hours refreshing and restful sleep:A real left wing person does not live or work to get picked, but chooses herself. If you are not needed to get picked, you might be still a little greedy, but never envious. You don't strive for a personal perfection, consequently, there is not need to parrot. You may enjoy creating more value than you can capture and consequently share - sharing does not mean to prefer collective over individual.But those who need to get picked, want to put attributes and typologies to their competitors. Left-wing guys tend to be obsesed with dinosaurs (right-wing as well). Each claims them as their own. No envy, just nomeclature.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 10th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamal

October 11th, 2013, 7:48 am

Let's not bring confusion to the vocabulary, exneratunrisk, leave the meaning of the words as it is now. Most of us aren't native speakers in English, if we redefine words, we may loose the ability to communicate. There's already a word for what you've descibed as "a real left wing person": saint.

exneratunrisk

October 11th, 2013, 9:06 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalLet's not bring confusion to the vocabulary, exneratunrisk, leave the meaning of the words as it is now. Most of us aren't native speakers in English, if we redefine words, we may loose the ability to communicate. There's already a word for what you've descibed as "a real left wing person": saint.You cannot predict the future but you can create it - if, you sometimes need to find new vocabulary If Tony Blair is counted as left-wing, a precision seems to be required?! IMO, it is pseudoleft, retroleft and "real left". But you are right, outside of America it is not so easy to interpret political vocabulary: In Germanic regions all retroleft bash the "Neoliberalismus" (the Frankfurt Lib that forced government to ban monopoles ..), but mean the "reagonism" or "thatcherism" in the USA called "neoliberalism"? Even macro economists use this stupid misunderstanding.So, when I blame them to bash the wrong "ism" they call me a neoliberal rogue. So a "real left-wing" wants a market liberation, the orthogonalization of economy and the social system and sharing. Instruments would be unconditioned basic income, changing the reference system for progressive tax from wages to income, cancel all subsidies, ...and ... drumroll ... organize a slim government that concentrates on hard and soft infrastructure.I still may use an ambiguous vocabulary, but the real difficulty is: each culture has its own interpretation of left-wing. The consensus might be: a strict horizontal community ideology (vs vertical).(the tries to mix this are ridiculous)
Last edited by exneratunrisk on October 10th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On