SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 56683
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Quote

Originally posted by: trackstar
and off I go, to see a friend who runs a local saloon with billiards tables all around and 70s music on the radio.

Tumbling Dice


Indeed. I saw Stones in Madison Square in 1972. Another big hit in NYC that year was the late great Jim Croce

.
 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 26360
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Needle in the Camel's Eye - Brian Eno

From Here Come the Warm Jets, 1973, an avant garde masterpiece.

Last edited by trackstar on March 27th, 2015, 11:00 pm
I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso
 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 26360
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 9:52 pm

2HB - Roxy Music
Eponymous debut album, 1972
I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 56683
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 9:53 pm

Bit off topic: A song from Donegal

.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on March 26th, 2015, 11:00 pm
 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 26360
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 9:54 pm

I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso
 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 26360
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Last edited by trackstar on March 27th, 2015, 11:00 pm
I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 56683
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 10:01 pm

.

and now 'puro'

.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on March 26th, 2015, 11:00 pm
 
User avatar
ExSan
Posts: 4512
Joined: April 12th, 2003, 10:40 am

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 10:47 pm

This is my favorite
°ALMA(z)°
Quote

She only smiles
He only tells her
That she's the flowers, the wind and spring
In all her splendor sweetly surrendering
The love that innocence brings

Almaz, pure and simple
Born in a world where love survives
Now men will want her
'Cause life don't haunt her
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Now I watch closely
And I watch wholly
I can't imagine love so rare
She's young and tender
But will life bend her
I look around is she everywhere

He throws her kisses
She shares his wishes
I'm sure he's keen without a doubt
With love so captive
So solely captive
I ask if I could play the part

Almaz, You lucky lucky thing
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Quote

Originally posted by: Cuchulainn
This was popular late 70s when I used to work in the hospital morgue.

.





 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 56683
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 11:09 pm

Quote

Originally posted by: ExSan
This is my favorite
°ALMA(z)°
Quote

She only smiles
He only tells her
That she's the flowers, the wind and spring
In all her splendor sweetly surrendering
The love that innocence brings

Almaz, pure and simple
Born in a world where love survives
Now men will want her
'Cause life don't haunt her
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Now I watch closely
And I watch wholly
I can't imagine love so rare
She's young and tender
But will life bend her
I look around is she everywhere

He throws her kisses
She shares his wishes
I'm sure he's keen without a doubt
With love so captive
So solely captive
I ask if I could play the part

Almaz, You lucky lucky thing
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Quote

Originally posted by: Cuchulainn
This was popular late 70s when I used to work in the hospital morgue.

.



Joe Sample/RC
 
User avatar
ExSan
Posts: 4512
Joined: April 12th, 2003, 10:40 am

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

March 27th, 2015, 11:22 pm

Quote

Originally posted by: Cuchulainn
Quote

Originally posted by: ExSan
This is my favorite
°ALMA(z)°
Quote

She only smiles
He only tells her
That she's the flowers, the wind and spring
In all her splendor sweetly surrendering
The love that innocence brings

Almaz, pure and simple
Born in a world where love survives
Now men will want her
'Cause life don't haunt her
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Now I watch closely
And I watch wholly
I can't imagine love so rare
She's young and tender
But will life bend her
I look around is she everywhere

He throws her kisses
She shares his wishes
I'm sure he's keen without a doubt
With love so captive
So solely captive
I ask if I could play the part

Almaz, You lucky lucky thing
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Quote

Originally posted by: Cuchulainn
This was popular late 70s when I used to work in the hospital morgue.

.



Joe Sample/RC
we should have a drink in the Village NYC

 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 26360
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

April 3rd, 2015, 10:26 pm

1977

Low - David Bowie
The whole album.

Part of the Berlin Trilogy: Heroes was next, also in '77, and then Lodger in '79.
Last edited by trackstar on April 3rd, 2015, 10:00 pm
I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 56683
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

April 3rd, 2015, 10:29 pm

Quote

Originally posted by: ExSan
Quote

Originally posted by: Cuchulainn
Quote

Originally posted by: ExSan
This is my favorite
°ALMA(z)°
Quote

She only smiles
He only tells her
That she's the flowers, the wind and spring
In all her splendor sweetly surrendering
The love that innocence brings

Almaz, pure and simple
Born in a world where love survives
Now men will want her
'Cause life don't haunt her
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Now I watch closely
And I watch wholly
I can't imagine love so rare
She's young and tender
But will life bend her
I look around is she everywhere

He throws her kisses
She shares his wishes
I'm sure he's keen without a doubt
With love so captive
So solely captive
I ask if I could play the part

Almaz, You lucky lucky thing
Almaz, You lucky lucky thing

Quote

Originally posted by: Cuchulainn
This was popular late 70s when I used to work in the hospital morgue.

.



Joe Sample/RC
we should have a drink in the Village NYC


O Henrys
 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 26360
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

April 3rd, 2015, 10:39 pm

I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 56683
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

April 8th, 2015, 5:27 pm

1971

.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 56683
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Music of the Seventies, The best decennium

April 23rd, 2015, 6:12 pm

1978

.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...