SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56673
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Your rants here

June 9th, 2018, 8:31 pm

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56673
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Your rants here

June 9th, 2018, 8:37 pm

katastrofa wrote:
In a galaxy far, far away... Oh, wait, we are talking about the prequel: Billions of years ago, there was nothing never and nowhere (because there was no space and time at that place and time)... underpant gomes ... an infinite point mass explodes creating the Universe - what's not to understand!

Exciting
 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 18233
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Your rants here

June 12th, 2018, 6:37 pm

I had to "upgrade" to the Isuck8. The damn thing is even heavier than the 6. Raging!
 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 18233
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Your rants here

June 13th, 2018, 8:16 pm

tagoma wrote:
I had to "upgrade" to the Isuck8. The damn thing is even heavier than the 6. Raging!

2nd day. Still no clue of an improvement from the model 6.
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: Your rants here

June 13th, 2018, 8:49 pm

tagoma wrote:
tagoma wrote:
I had to "upgrade" to the Isuck8. The damn thing is even heavier than the 6. Raging!

2nd day. Still no clue of an improvement from the model 6.
What is an Isuck?
 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 18233
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Your rants here

June 13th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Traden4Alpha wrote:
tagoma wrote:
tagoma wrote:
I had to "upgrade" to the Isuck8. The damn thing is even heavier than the 6. Raging!

2nd day. Still no clue of an improvement from the model 6.

What is an Isuck?

Iphone, I thought you were an Apple fan??
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: Your rants here

June 13th, 2018, 10:39 pm

tagoma wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
tagoma wrote:
2nd day. Still no clue of an improvement from the model 6.

What is an Isuck?

Iphone, I thought you were an Apple fan??

I am a customer but less of a fan than I was before. At this point, they suck less than the alternatives.

I have mostly liked my iPhones (I've owned the 3, 4S, and now have an X) but tend to avoid upgrading the OS because it degrades performance so much.
 
User avatar
katastrofa
Posts: 6115
Joined: August 16th, 2007, 5:36 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Re: Your rants here

June 21st, 2018, 11:43 pm

It was supposed to be the longest day of the year, not the coldest :-/
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56673
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Your rants here

June 22nd, 2018, 8:35 am

katastrofa wrote:
It was supposed to be the longest day of the year, not the coldest :-/

It was awful here as well; all the pyromaniacs forced to remain indoors. It felt like late September.
 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 18233
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Your rants here

June 22nd, 2018, 9:47 am

Cuchulainn wrote:
katastrofa wrote:
It was supposed to be the longest day of the year, not the coldest :-/

It was awful here as well; all the pyromaniacs forced to remain indoors. It felt like late September.


it was a hot night here, i mean even not accounting for la señora tag. Shitty street music bands for the Fête de la Musique, though.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 68453
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Your rants here

June 22nd, 2018, 9:58 am

Cuchulainn wrote:
katastrofa wrote:
It was supposed to be the longest day of the year, not the coldest :-/

It was awful here as well; all the pyromaniacs forced to remain indoors. It felt like late September.

global cooling?
 
User avatar
katastrofa
Posts: 6115
Joined: August 16th, 2007, 5:36 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Re: Your rants here

July 28th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Cold again :-(
 
User avatar
Collector
Posts: 3837
Joined: August 21st, 2001, 12:37 pm

Re: Your rants here

August 3rd, 2018, 8:51 pm

Damn Vipera berus!!!

 I was out cleaning a field for small trees (to make a herb garden) when a Vipera berus bite me in my right calf. It swelled up like the size of a tennis ball, and I had to jump back on the other leg. then sit with my leg up on my table for hours until I felt asleep and had very vivid dreams...

I let the Damn Vipera berus go, but strangely my neighbor just told me had just seen a dead snake on my farm road. The cat took revenge or it died from something it ate, or a different one...

now down to golf ball size. Luckily I likely saved my leg by not going to the doctors, they could have been stupid enough to amputate.

 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 18233
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Your rants here

August 3rd, 2018, 9:25 pm

So you just waited there thinking to the probability you have to survive after snake bite? That is crazy.
Anyway I hope you will soon be fully recovered.
 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3582
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: Your rants here

August 3rd, 2018, 10:17 pm

Collector wrote:
Damn Vipera berus!!!

 I was out cleaning a field for small trees (to make a herb garden) when a Vipera berus bite me in my right calf. It swelled up like the size of a tennis ball, and I had to jump back on the other leg. then sit with my leg up on my table for hours until I felt asleep and had very vivid dreams...

I let the Damn Vipera berus go, but strangely my neighbor just told me had just seen a dead snake on my farm road. The cat took revenge or it died from something it ate, or a different one...

now down to golf ball size. Luckily I likely saved my leg by not going to the doctors, they could have been stupid enough to amputate.


I spent much of the summer of 1977 clearing out brush from an area where the local farmer had planted little fir trees after clear-cutting the old forest, and pretty quickly realized that I shared the territory with the local hoggorm (vipera berus). We somehow reached a non-aggression arrangement that saved me from your fate. Have you considered the possibility that he died from exposure to your bodily fluids?
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...