SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Re: Your rants here

January 17th, 2019, 7:35 am

there are reports that she has to be accompanied by a security guard 24/7 in Toronto ensuring that “she is never alone” because of death threats because she renounced islam.
Per her snapchat account, she's enjoying canadian bacon
and Starbucks (notice you can see her legs)

I know she wants to be an activist encouraging other women to leave islam, but with all the death threats because she left the religion of peace, the kid might be better off with a new identity under witness protection

Cuchulainn

February 9th, 2019, 6:50 pm

How to survive a Dutch birthday party.

https://www.invadingholland.com/guides- ... arty-guide

On my way; wish me luck.

Paul

February 9th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Sounds awful! Good luck!

ISayMoo

February 9th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Looks like an old-school nameday party in Poland.

Cuchulainn

February 9th, 2019, 10:55 pm

Looks like an old-school nameday party in Poland.
Wow! You wonder it any works gets done there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_days_in_Poland

ISayMoo

February 9th, 2019, 11:08 pm

You have to pick one day in the year and stick to it.

bearish

February 10th, 2019, 12:03 am

Details are different, but it certainly sounds similar to various family affairs I grew up with. Although, if memory serves me right, there would usually come a point where the men (I was a mere boy) would repair to some inner sanctum for a real drink or two.

katastrofa

February 10th, 2019, 1:20 am

Details are different, but it certainly sounds similar to various family affairs I grew up with. Although, if memory serves me right, there would usually come a point where the men (I was a mere boy) would repair to some inner sanctum for a real drink or two.
I hope that we will have a WF meetup one day. I'd bring Малинівка and show you some real women drinking ;-)

bearish

February 10th, 2019, 1:27 am

I hope that we will have a WF meetup one day. I'd bring Малинівка and show you some real women drinking ;-)
Sounds like a date!

Cuchulainn

February 10th, 2019, 10:10 am

And dressing down?

katastrofa

February 10th, 2019, 12:45 pm

@date Fantastic! I've been saving my telomeres for such a moment. Now we have to force others to come as spectators.

Cuchulainn

February 10th, 2019, 2:01 pm

You have to pick one day in the year and stick to it.
What's the story? Like guardian angels?
Sounds very inflexible.

katastrofa

February 22nd, 2019, 11:26 pm

During the last 2 days I spent more time at airports and in planes than (r)ambling the Earthly roads. My head explodes :-(

Cuchulainn

February 22nd, 2019, 11:43 pm

Your head it simply swirls. Joyce' Ulysses' Calypso.

bearish

February 23rd, 2019, 1:42 am

During the last 2 days I spent more time at airports and in planes than (r)ambling the Earthly roads. My head explodes :-(
It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever produced the expression "as pretty as an airport". Airports are ugly. Some are very ugly. Some attain a degree of ugliness that can only be the result of a special effort. This ugliness arises because airports are full of people who are tired, cross, and have just discovered that their luggage has landed in Murmansk (...) and the architects have on the whole tried to reflect this in their designs.
They have sought to highlight the tiredness and crossness motif with brutal shapes and nerve jangling colours, to make effortless the business of separating the traveller from his or her luggage or loved ones, to confuse the traveller with arrows that appear to point at the windows, distant tie racks, or the current position of the Ursa Minor in the night sky, and wherever possible to expose the plumbing on the grounds that it is functional, and conceal the location of the departure gates, presumably on the grounds that they are not. (courtesy of the late Douglas Adams)
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On