SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

leptoq

Re: Your rants here

February 27th, 2019, 8:13 pm

I stumbled upon Errrb a year ago. He got a tattoo, and seems to spend his evenings and nights in a place called "Russian Vodka Room" on 52nd and 8th. Last time I saw him he was drinking in the company of few opera singers in Met, and showing them his scars. I distinctly remember him asking a rhetorical question: "Can you sing about this biatches?" or something like this

trackstar

February 27th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Interesting. 

An "ideal" night of Russian drinking would include Errrb and zerdna, several medium-high class Slavic hookers, and some satanic unicorns.

(everyone thinks unicorns are the symbol of purity and innocence, but they don't really get it. There is a flip side to everything!)
Last edited by trackstar on February 27th, 2019, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

February 27th, 2019, 8:30 pm

A rare rant from me (and not an angry one - haha!)

This Hungarian soup is amazing!

The native paprika is so hot and slightly sweet - it is like fireworks for your mouth and mind. 

Add fresh bread and a glass of wine - it is divine. :)

Highly recommended.
Goulash

I make vegan lecsó, another traditional Hungarian dish.

Cuchulainn

February 27th, 2019, 8:38 pm

I stumbled upon Errrb a year ago. He got a tattoo, and seems to spend his evenings and nights in a place called "Russian Vodka Room" on 52nd and 8th. Last time I saw him he was drinking in the company of few opera singers in Met, and showing them his scars. I distinctly remember him asking a rhetorical question: "Can you sing about this biatches?" or something like this

There was me.
That is Errb, and my three droogs.
That is Zerdna, Nonius and migalley.
And we sat in the Korova Milk Bar trying to make up our razzoodocks what to do with the evening.
The Korova Milk Bar sold milk plus: milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom
Which is what we were drinking.
This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old...
Ultraviolence.

trackstar

February 27th, 2019, 8:43 pm

There was me.
That is Errb, and my three droogs.
That is Zerdna, Nonius and migalley.
And we sat in the Korova Milk Bar trying to make up our razzoodocks what to do with the evening.
The Korova Milk Bar sold milk plus: milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom
Which is what we were drinking.
This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old...
Ultraviolence.
Haha!

And then Wilfrid comes along in his neat tuxedo, hair combed just so:

I say, time for a cup of tea.

katastrofa

March 5th, 2019, 12:35 pm

I've been wondering if I know anyone from Ireland to stay at if I will be going there this summer when it stroke me: I have the phobia of hotels! I could literally live under someone's stairs not to have to stay alone in a hotel room. There's xenodochiophobia, which is the fear of foreign hotels - my phobia doesn't discriminate.

Cuchulainn

March 5th, 2019, 1:53 pm

When?
Business or pleasure?

katastrofa

March 5th, 2019, 4:46 pm

There's no pleasure for me in travelling alone no more. I used to do that and enjoyed it but then I somehow changed.
Anyway, regardless of the purpose of stay - I have the fear of hotels :-( I don't have such problems with rented houses or flats.

leptoq

March 5th, 2019, 5:56 pm

I'm impressed by Cuchulain poetry!!! "Clockwork Orange" brings so many good memories :)

trackstar

March 5th, 2019, 7:09 pm

I'm impressed by Cuchulain poetry!!! "Clockwork Orange" brings so many good memories :)

These last two posts combined remind me of the horror film Hostel (a series actually, but the original was out in 2005).

Not that I'd recommend it, unless you are a big Tarantino & gore fan... otherwise, you won't even want to leave your house. Hehe.

But then again, our friend Errrb might say, "Wow - I want to have some wild adventures like that!" 

That's why extreme diversity is so nice here. You can learn something from everyone. : )

Cuchulainn

March 5th, 2019, 7:54 pm

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van. 

Cuchulainn

March 17th, 2019, 6:05 pm

I can handle rants, but snarls are a new low. Just kitten.

katastrofa

March 17th, 2019, 7:37 pm

I ca't handle compurrter guyz talking litter about p-hiss-ics! :-)

BTW, couldn't you Irish be a bit more creative with the names of geographical places? I've almost spent two days watching grass grow and sheep sh... on Aran Islands - not the beautiful and rich and fauna Scottish Isle of Arran.

Cuchulainn

March 17th, 2019, 8:17 pm

I always said: get out more. Or use another annealing scheduling. Are you making it up as you go along, what?

FYI Aran is 95% rock, are you sure you're on the right island? Besides, bad weather at the moment.

And we have an Aran island up in Donegal as well. There they do have bogs.

Scots can't spell: Arran, galore, whisky, 

katastrofa

March 17th, 2019, 8:33 pm

I was just planning my time in Ireland. I'm going there in late June. First Galway and then a few days of hiking in Connemara and a visit in Clifden - thanks for the recommendations. I'm not on the island at the moment - I'm on the peninsula.

Aran Islands:
It looks more like grass than rock to me, but I won't argue with a real Cat-lick. Going back to spelling, I've read that you had some problems with r's in the very far past.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On