Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ppauper

Stromae

December 15th, 2013, 7:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrun People call him the new Jacques Brel.I don't even know the old Jacques Brel

tags

Stromae

December 15th, 2013, 7:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: outrun People call him the new Jacques Brel.I don't even know the old Jacques BrelI don't like at all Stromae. He is due to perform at the 2014 edition of the Printemps de Bourges (the music festival in the small city I am from) in April (22th) 2014. His concert is already sold out!Jacques Brel sang the famous Port d'Amsterdam. D.Bowie sang a version in English (TS posted about it once).The guy was from Belgium. He was also an actor ("L'emmerdeur" also with Lino Ventura)Le Port d'AmsterdamPort of Amsterdam

Cuchulainn

Stromae

December 15th, 2013, 7:57 pm

mijn vlakke land le pla paye
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 14th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

Stromae

December 15th, 2013, 8:06 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunStomae is from Belgium too. The thing I like about him is that he's very expressive in performing his stories, that's why people link him to Brel (Belgium, French, Performer). This is a new generation so you can't literaly compare with the past, but you can see his ambition: its not a liposucked autotuned bimbo shaking her ass Agreed!I personally don't like his music. But I have some respect for what he does as it has something new/original.

Anthis

Stromae

December 15th, 2013, 8:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: outrun People call him the new Jacques Brel.I don't even know the old Jacques BrelI don't like at all Stromae. He is due to perform at the 2014 edition of the Printemps de Bourges (the music festival in the small city I am from) in April (22th) 2014. His concert is already sold out!Jacques Brel sang the famous Port d'Amsterdam. D.Bowie sang a version in English (TS posted about it once).The guy was from Belgium. He was also an actor ("L'emmerdeur" also with Lino Ventura)Le Port d'AmsterdamPort of AmsterdamVersion in Greek
Last edited by Anthis on December 14th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

Stromae

December 15th, 2013, 8:35 pm

My CountryWhen the high dunes to break stubborn NorthAnd white flakes of foam on the store set-topsWhen the sullen tide pounds on the black basaltAnd over the dike and dune gray mist fallsAt low tide when the beach is desolate as a desertWet westerly and vultures of venom,Then fight my country ... My Country ...When the rain falls on streets, squares, borders,On roof and spire of towering churches,In this flat country, the only mountains,When people under the cloud dwarfs,When the days begin regular stupidAnd east wind round the country saves even flatter,I will wait for my land ... flat land ...When the low air plane skims over the water,When the low air humility teaches us,When the low sky was gray as slate,When the sky was drab as low boulder clay isWhere the north wind vierendeelt the plains,When the north wind it steals our breath,Then crack my country ... My Country ...Jacques Brel Mijn Vlakke Land found on http://batlyrics.com/mijn_vlakke_land-l ... l.htmlWhen the Scheldt in southern sun shinesAnd every Flemish woman strolls in zonjaponWhen the first spring spin his websOr steaming the field in July sunshine hasWhen the south wind laughs it through the grainIt rejoices when the south along the track,Then welcomed my country ... My Country ...

Ultraviolet

Stromae

December 15th, 2013, 10:19 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunThis guy is brilliant, a great performer. People call him the new Jacques Brel.I don't know... Did Jacques Brel rip off Buena Vista Social Club?

tags

Stromae

December 19th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Serge the famous llama (actually touring in France!!, see the Bordeaux thread) was featured in a music video for a song that is a parody of a Stromae's song. Arff, the French ...«Serge» le lama à Cannes pour tourner son clip
Last edited by tags on December 18th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

Stromae

April 27th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Stromae performs at the Printemps de Bourges music festivalThey guy performed in the little town that I am from

tags

Stromae

July 24th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Stromae at Paleo music festivalPaleo