SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

Best martial art style

March 31st, 2014, 11:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaThis style is pretty nice:Looks like a Pyrrhic victory.Or it looks like a pigment of your imagination.Water-colours?Pen mightier than the sword?No, all that handing around.Yes, it's a brush with disaster.Different strokes for different folks.Yes, some do find it un-palette-ableOn the other hand, think of all that Monet.Indeed. One could be a lot of Dürer-ble goods!Turning into a Night Watchman.That's perfect for a Starry Night.LOLkeep in touch with the Dutch.But of course! They ver meerly the old masters.You're gonna need a bigger canvasEspecially if I want to avoid being framed!Auction then and keep the canvas, in one fowl stroke.Although a fowl stroke might be the right anser anser, an hieronymous bidder might steal the auction.A fowl stroke in the bosch is worth two in de van meer.But neither can compare to a nice toasted Bruegel with cream cheese -- it's Eycksquisite.Indeed; let's induct them into Dutch Hall of Frame.Don't forget your BASIC:REM brandtBah, Golden AgeThese days, use Piet (Mondriaan).Especially if one's CPU has Manet cores.The Dutch masters were eigenheimers.Does that mean they did not Dali?There were no buses of any kind in Olde Amsterdam, so the masters took the canal boat. Much quicker.And now we are back to water-colours again. Nowadays, they just ride in Gogh's vanWhat? Left-hand or right-hand drive van? Hear today, gone tomorrow.I'm not sure. Check the orientation of the rearview Miro'sHe certainly Escherred in a new era!Indeed. At moments like these we realise that we are standing on the shoulders of giants.Aren't we perched the back of a turtle? (And isn't it turtles all the way down?)Soon we will fall off a cliff; it is also very tortoiseous.Indeed! We'll shatter when we hit the hard rep-tile floor!We are now entering the bue period.

rmax

Best martial art style

March 31st, 2014, 11:49 am

Aeschylus

Cuchulainn

Best martial art style

March 31st, 2014, 1:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxAeschylusDutch tetralogy in water-colours.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on March 30th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

Best martial art style

July 19th, 2014, 11:50 am

Tom Hanks Fights the Fonz

Cuchulainn

Best martial art style

August 12th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Judo; by @1.20 in the video it is all over as judoka's opponent.What about Rowdy Rhonda Rousey
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 11th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

Best martial art style

January 30th, 2016, 4:58 pm

I got in touch today with flatmates from the old days when we were living in loca vida Barcelona. They told me their little girl won a world champion title of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (juvenile category). I even didn't know that exists to be honest. Damn, it is weird to think that the little girl ('Barbie') you used to take to school can now break you into pieces in no time.World championFB

Cuchulainn

Best martial art style

January 30th, 2016, 5:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaI got in touch today with flatmates from the old days when we were living in loca vida Barcelona. They told me their little girl won a world champion title of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (juvenile category). I even didn't know that exists to be honest. Damn, it is weird to think that the little girl ('Barbie') you used to take to school can now break you into pieces in no time.World championFBThat's amazing. Congrats.Don't suppose you have any utube vids?

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

Best martial art style

February 3rd, 2016, 10:36 pm

Frank Shamrock UFC Legend

Cuchulainn

Best martial art style

February 4th, 2016, 7:57 am

"precision beats power, timing speeds speed UFC 194"
Last edited by Cuchulainn on February 3rd, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

Best martial art style

February 4th, 2016, 12:39 pm

What's that mess? I cannot stand even 10 seconds of looking at that...David Haye is back. He's all for what I love boxing, the Muhammad Ali of my generation. His first fight was an easy win and the next one is in May. I hope they won't set him to fight some cave trolls like Kitschko or Fury and he will be able to remind the world the finesse and culture of boxing.This one was big: Klitschko vs. HayeKlitschko won on points, but Haye won on class for me. Klitschko's a typical Ukranian guy: wide shoulders and long arms, which he uses to clinch and corner and which made it hard for Haye to reach him with his quick aim-lock-fire attacks... and typically boring too: jab... jab... jab... - maybe you should try something new, honey? - jab-jab... jab-jab... паніка ядра!!! I think he should go MMA :-/ I can imagine some young talents like Anthony Joshua will one day take him down. Joshua has similar physical advantages, but topped with agility and intelligence of Haye style. It's inspiring to watch how he perfects his style with every fight...
Last edited by katastrofa on February 3rd, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

Best martial art style

February 4th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Coming Up: Royce Gracie VS Ken Shamrock 3

Cuchulainn

Best martial art style

February 25th, 2016, 8:28 am

There are guys from Dublin who don't need the 'juice'. LOLUFC
Last edited by Cuchulainn on February 24th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

Best martial art style

March 6th, 2016, 12:20 pm

The Notorious (for his pre-fight rambling, I guess) Connor Mcgregor loses to Nate Diaz(by submission...)Nate Diaz entered the fight on 12 day notice. He's vegan. How to put it, guys...Just for the record, I took it from Nate himself:
Last edited by katastrofa on March 6th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

Best martial art style

March 6th, 2016, 12:28 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaThe Notorious (for his pre-fight rambling, I guess) Connor Mcgregor loses to Nate Diaz(by submission...)Nate Diaz entered the fight on 12 day notice. He's vegan. How to put it, guys...[/qI love choke locks (knee lock even better).No one can beat a judo/BJJ guy on the ground.Congrats to the winner.

katastrofa

Best martial art style

March 7th, 2016, 9:19 am

Wrestling? There are different styles in all martial arts... a lot can happen before the fight moves to the ground.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On