SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

farmer
Topic Author

funny racism news

April 26th, 2014, 11:12 pm

There is a huge outrage that some businessman is racist against blacks. So far as I can tell, he is the owner of the LA Clippers, which is a basketball team.I think racism is a serious issue, because many people are probably hard-wired to react in an instinctive way to people who look different. This makes it easy for politicians to agitate racist violence, and has led to all kinds of tragic human behavior.But this guy is none of that. This guy's girlfriend - whom he made the racist comments to in private - is black. She is blacker than Barack Obama, Al Sharpton, and Charles Rangel. She is blacker than Oprah's boyfriend Stedman. His business pays probably 95% of his payroll - millions of dollars per person, and many times what any white person gets paid in his business or anywhere else - to black people.Even the coach is black, in a league where I would guess most coaches are not black. (I looked it up, black coaches are less than 50% even after they try to represent every dude with a tan as being black, and are probably around 40%.) This guy has chosen and built a life where he can probably make it to lunch time without seeing a white person.So this guy, by exhibiting jealousy or whatever, in private, with his girlfriend, is doing none of that stuff, he is not cultivating the problems associated with racism. Rather, it is the people publicizing his personal issues, and drumming up outrage, that are cultivating the types of problems that come from racism.At the very least, it is an odd world where a guy who hires and dates exclusively black people is the seen as the source of race-related social conflict. This guy buys millions of dollars a year in advertising that glorifies black people, and black culture, and promotes it into the mainstream of American culture.I admit it is hard to understand why he wouldn't want a popular marketing personality like Magic Johnson at his games. But I am not going to assume I understand, and tell people to get angry about it. Who knows what this guy is thinking, and what it actually amounts to, if kept in private. Maybe he was joking, maybe he is applying affirmative action to try to get white people better represented in basketball marketing, maybe he is tired of white girls trying to pry him off his dreamgirl, maybe it is something else.You cannot publicly date a black girl, and at the same time convince me you are racist, there is no way to walk that back. If this is what race agitators are left with, they must have a hard time looking angry. Maybe I just don't understand racism.
Last edited by farmer on April 26th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 7:16 am

this photo has been accompanying that story but without a caption.I take it the old guy is he, but is the girl next to him she ?QuoteSterling's wife, Rochelle, filed a lawsuit March 7 against Stiviano to recover everything Sterling gave her, including a duplex worth $1.8 million, a Ferrari, two Bentleys and one Range Rover, aside for money for her up keeping. Donald and Rochelle Sterling have been married for over 50 years, according to the suit.Rochelle Sterling said her husband met Stiviano at the Super Bowl in 2010, and their affair was ongoing when the lawsuit was filed. Her lawsuit accuses Stiviano of targeting and seducing older wealthy men to get their money.according to TMZ, Stiviano is of black and Mexican descent

tagoma

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 8:29 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperthis photo has been accompanying that story but without a caption.I take it the old guy is he, but is the girl next to him she ?QuoteSterling's wife, Rochelle, filed a lawsuit March 7 against Stiviano to recover everything Sterling gave her, including a duplex worth $1.8 million, a Ferrari, two Bentleys and one Range Rover, aside for money for her up keeping. Donald and Rochelle Sterling have been married for over 50 years, according to the suit.Rochelle Sterling said her husband met Stiviano at the Super Bowl in 2010, and their affair was ongoing when the lawsuit was filed. Her lawsuit accuses Stiviano of targeting and seducing older wealthy men to get their money.according to TMZ, Stiviano is of black and Mexican descentShe must be V.

ppauper

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 8:43 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperthis photo has been accompanying that story but without a caption.I take it the old guy is he, but is the girl next to him she ?QuoteSterling's wife, Rochelle, filed a lawsuit March 7 against Stiviano to recover everything Sterling gave her, including a duplex worth $1.8 million, a Ferrari, two Bentleys and one Range Rover, aside for money for her up keeping. Donald and Rochelle Sterling have been married for over 50 years, according to the suit.Rochelle Sterling said her husband met Stiviano at the Super Bowl in 2010, and their affair was ongoing when the lawsuit was filed. Her lawsuit accuses Stiviano of targeting and seducing older wealthy men to get their money.according to TMZ, Stiviano is of black and Mexican descentShe must be V.indeedso what's going on ? she' s a trophy girlfriend and is screwing around and the old guy just asks that she doesn't flaunt it ?(and she needs to be careful, Magic Johnson has AIDS)

farmer
Topic Author

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 10:16 am

Maybe Sterling's wife is the racist? So far as I can tell, he is on a one-man slavery-reparations crusade, giving millions to every black person he sees. He just wants to keep his cash-to-blacks scheme under the radar for some reason, maybe give it all away before anyone can react.So now TMZ has a tile of like 12 black Americans, with an average net worth of at least $50 million - every dollar of it made through fame and popularity in the USA - bitching about how the USA is racist.

farmer
Topic Author

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 10:23 am

The way that Stiviano's nose, cheeks, and eyelids have been altered, you might think Sterling has a thing for space aliens. But from the neck down, she is unmistakably black.

ppauper

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 11:37 am

ppauper

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 11:42 am

anyhoo, Vanessa Stiviano is 38Donald Sterling is 81 and married his wife in 1957she doesn't seem to be a fan of panties

farmer
Topic Author

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 12:07 pm

This guy told his girlfriend to fuck Magic Johnson. As a nobody white fellow, I am feeling a little marginalized. I would like to see the league send some ho's my way, like the NHL has done.

zerdna

funny racism news

April 27th, 2014, 2:17 pm

Yeah, i listened to the tape. It's a bit painful to listen to -- the bitch keeps on trying really hard to provoke him, trying to get him to say on tape something bad about black people. The guy is obviously old and sounds weak, sick, and distressed. She actually doesn't get him to say anything more than request to associate with black people in any way she wants in private, but limit showing pictures of this association on Instagram. I wonder if she has some retired black celebrity in line to trade trips to Europe for spreading legs, or if the idea is to win some damages lawsuit from him.
Last edited by zerdna on April 26th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
Topic Author

funny racism news

April 28th, 2014, 4:57 pm

Like a lot of young rich guys, these black NBA guys don't know when to keep their mouths shut. The NBA is a mainstream thing, it is not Soul Train. People watch basketball for harmless fun, they don't particularly notice or care that all the stars are black, they just see stars.If the angry/entitled clique is successful in re-branding the NBA as the exclusive turf of black nationalist black power types, people are going to feel alienated. Like it is not their team. Then a lot more of these black guys will find themselves driving cars on payments like their fans do.You think Walmart likes the entire assortment of demented freaks who ring their cash registers each day? If you want to do big business, you have to be inclusive, and a lot of your fans or business dealings are going to include flawed and fucked-up real human beings.I went to Taco Bell recently in the early morning, to try their waffle taco. The only other people in the store were two rich-looking foreigners who were in line in front of me. They took 10 minutes to order, and then left the counter without paying to count a pile of pennies at a table in the back.The girl behind the register was like wtf, should I just dump their order, and serve this other guy, meaning me? The manager gave her a nasty stare, said "Those are paying customers!", and stomped off to emphasize that there was nothing more to be said.Take a hint from Jesus, and know that you will be rich by turning the other cheek. Let's assume this guy Sterling really disdains brown people. He found a way to get over it, get along, and build himself a paradise among them. He made a billion trading with aliens.
Last edited by farmer on April 27th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

traderjoe1976

funny racism news

April 28th, 2014, 7:54 pm

I don't get it. She is quite hot. Why is she fucking that old, 81-year-old dude? He is already married for 55 years. He is not going to leave his 77-year old wife for her. So what is in it for her? Can she not find some other 80-year-old rich dudes who are single and prey on them? Hugh Hefner was in the market until very recently and he is 86 and worth $700 million.And why are these old dudes messing with these hot young hos? That spells TROUBLE. Can he not be happy with his 77-year-old wife with whom he probably has a lot in common?

ppauper

funny racism news

April 28th, 2014, 8:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976And why are these old dudes messing with these hot young hos?I was thinking the opposite, she's 38With his money, he could get a lot younger and a lot hotter, and someone who would be grateful to boot

ppauper

funny racism news

April 28th, 2014, 9:24 pm

negro league

daveangel

funny racism news

April 29th, 2014, 8:56 am

We are all monkeys now
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On