SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

farmer
Topic Author

obama a brilliant comedian?

May 4th, 2014, 10:34 am

When I saw a Bloomberg headline promising Barack Obama's 10 best one-liners from press dinner last night, I immediately clicked on it. Because I remember his joke about John Boehner being not natural and it was pretty funny.You may know me, I thought Barack Obama's 2004 convention speech was a piece of cardboard. And I am uneasy about human civilization in general, when I think how Obama is the only editor of the Harvard Law Review who never wrote an article, and wasn't allowed into Professors Dershowitz's class because his grades were not good enough, but went on to be a professor of Constitutional law. So I have to wonder whether Obama wrote his own jokes, but whoever wrote them they are really funny.

ppauper

May 4th, 2014, 11:21 am

indeed, I mentioned it in the "Summer Holiday" thread, where we discuss how Obama whiles away the hours when the golf course is closedQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperI guess the A-listers no longer care to be seen with him as the MC was Joel McHale from The Soup which ran on E!

farmer
Topic Author

May 4th, 2014, 11:49 am

He really is a funny guy. And a moral man too, unlike Bill Clinton. He could have been a cool guy, where there is nothing wrong with being average. It is too bad he was ruined by his upbringing. Society did this to him and made him what he is today, something like the Phantom of the Opera.I always see flashes, and hold out hope he could see the light, and not ruin the country. But he is too injured.There are movies like "Scrooge" and "Pretty Woman" that show a bad man being transformed by some experience. You might think being called "articulate" by Joe Biden would give Obama a distaste for crazy superficial liberals. But it seems to be what he was raised on, and all he knows.He would also have to divorce his wife to move on from that crazy reality. And he seems like a loyal guy, in that area.
Last edited by farmer on May 3rd, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
Topic Author

May 4th, 2014, 3:47 pm

Obama is so easy to impersonate because he is fake. He is a comedian impersonating a politician, talking about the "Maldives" or whatever. This is the happy person who Obama could have been if liberals weren't angry.

Cuchulainn

May 4th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Stick to the day job and to the knitting.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

tagoma

June 24th, 2014, 5:59 pm

ppauper

June 24th, 2014, 6:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaI'll cross-post this to the summer holiday threadI wonder if he's breaking a health regulation by leaning over like that

tagoma

June 24th, 2014, 7:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaI'll cross-post this to the summer holiday threadI wonder if he's breaking a health regulation by leaning over like thatIt is exactly what I was wondering. The women who attend him probably don't dare to tell him to step back.Maybe they aren't aware Obama is due to close Guantanamo.
Last edited by tagoma on June 23rd, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

March 23rd, 2015, 3:51 pm

Fictional TV presidents more popular than Obama
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On