SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

nothing good comes of not watching television

May 8th, 2014, 6:05 pm

I associate television with cans of Heineken and world-cup soccer. Paradise. Television has invaded my room.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on May 7th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

ppauper

May 8th, 2014, 8:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnI associate television with cans of Heineken and world-cup soccer. Paradise. Television has invaded my room.cuch associates pretty much everything with cans of Heineken

farmer
Topic Author

May 8th, 2014, 8:27 pm

I keep on thinking I am going to buy a television. But I already own a television. Problem is, it is downstairs, I have no furniture in that room, and it is too big to bring it upstairs.I miss hotel rooms, where the television is 10 feet from everything. Then there is no way to avoid it.I like those tours of million-dollar celebrity mansions they sometimes show pictures from a TV show. They always have some kind of mechanized system to stick a television right down your throat while you are in bed, without having to move. You would think celebrities would have sex swings or chamber pots or microwave ovens or who knows for use while in bed. But I guess there is some kind of association between television and celebrity.Or in the ghetto, poor people put televisions in the backs of their car seats.Every boat I have looked at to buy comes with a television. Like they think the TV is the kicker, that brings the boat value straight over the top. Like wow, this boat has a television in it! Awesome. Think of the things you could do.I want to do Chelsea Handler doggy style, facing a television, with another television on her back for me to look at.

Cuchulainn

May 10th, 2014, 9:09 am

We could get a television andyou won't have to go out so much.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

farmer
Topic Author

May 10th, 2014, 10:13 am

When I lived in South Beach, there was a TV channel called fTV or fashion television. At that time it mostly showed models walking down runways all day. It is the only TV show I can remember watching on a regular basis. It was hard to turn off, for fear of missing something.In a way, it was like Battlestar Galactica where they were always trying to find Earth. Or the Road Runner cartoon where Wile E. Coyote is always trying to catch the Road Runner. Or Pinkie and the Brain, where he is always trying and failing to take over the world. Or the Incredible Hulk, where he is always trying to have a normal life. Or Gilligans Island, where they are trying to get off the island, or Dukes of Hazzard where Boss Hogg is trying to get the Duke boys.Each girl steps onto the runway with the aim of moving her skeleton in perfect form. And day after day, they all fall short in some small way. But there is always hope that some day, some girl will deliver the perfect walk.
Last edited by farmer on May 9th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

March 10th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Twitter is better than television!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On