SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

bearish

Re: is twitter for mentally ill people?

December 23rd, 2018, 12:18 am

That's brilliantly clear!

ppauper

January 1st, 2019, 6:17 pm

a doctor who tweeted that she would purposely give Jews the wrong medication has been fired by the Cleveland Clinic
I'm surprised she still has a medical license

ppauper

January 22nd, 2019, 11:32 am

Saturday Night Live writer Sarah Beattie is offering blow jobs on twitter

rmax

January 23rd, 2019, 4:50 pm

I have just dipped the smallest of toes in twitter to engage in some light and consensual tweeting. Scrolling through my twitter feed it is like when you empty an old drain and you discover the detritus that has accumulated over the years.

Cuchulainn

January 23rd, 2019, 5:14 pm

ImageThat's known as a fatberg in German.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

katastrofa

January 23rd, 2019, 7:37 pm

They have really nasty rats!

Scary times. I don't use twitter. My chest is too small for a decent profile photo.

tagoma

October 7th, 2019, 6:02 pm

bearish

October 8th, 2019, 12:00 am

That's funny. Nassim is a bit of an enigma: privately, he is just one of the nicest guys you ever met, and then he dons this public persona (admittedly rather profitable) where he will slash and burn and deem people like me worthy of prison time, or worse, for being quants. I kind of like Peter Cotton's treatment of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A72cc8mM5gY.

katastrofa

October 8th, 2019, 4:17 am

The only more annoying thing than physicists trying to be social scientists are finance mathematicians trying to be philosophers.

Paul

October 8th, 2019, 5:42 am

That's funny. Nassim is a bit of an enigma: privately, he is just one of the nicest guys you ever met, and then he dons this public persona (admittedly rather profitable) where he will slash and burn and deem people like me worthy of prison time, or worse, for being quants. I kind of like Peter Cotton's treatment of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A72cc8mM5gY.
Forget NNT, I looked at that video and there's a thumbnail of a documentary I did down the rhs, in Up Next. It's had 1.5million views. Jeez! That's disturbing! Ok, a hundred are me, and maybe 200 my mother, but that still leaves a lot of strangers seeing me in a yellow suit with a mod hairdo and sideburns.

NNT is great! And he could be really successful if he ever listened to advice!

JoWee

October 24th, 2019, 8:15 am

I don't agree with this statement. You know, there are a lot of healthy people who have fun and create content. The same thing is with youtube. There are a lot of people who do their best to gain popularity there and some people eve buy views on https://y.tools/buy-youtube-views/ to have a better ranking.

katastrofa

October 29th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Forget NNT, I looked at that video and there's a thumbnail of a documentary I did down the rhs, in Up Next. It's had 1.5million views. Jeez! That's disturbing! Ok, a hundred are me, and maybe 200 my mother, but that still leaves a lot of strangers seeing me in a yellow suit with a mod hairdo and sideburns.

NNT is great! And he could be really successful if he ever listened to advice!
I watch it every time I come across it. I roll on the floor at "the Einstein of mathematical finance". It's better than Leslie Nielsen comedies. I appreciate your auto-ironic sense of humour :-)

@bearish But would you give your hair for his money?

Paul

October 29th, 2019, 8:06 pm

If you think I’m funny you should see the rest of my family!

bearish

October 30th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Assuming the trade is my hair for his money in addition to my own money, I’d lean toward yes. Said hair is thinning a bit anyway.

katastrofa

October 30th, 2019, 9:08 pm

I'd first check what's Taleb's net worth - I'm assuming it's as high as his forehead since only money-loving people celebrate him. Looking at your photo, you don't look very "Nordic", Bearish. You look a bit East Baltid, which bodes better for your mane.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On