SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

Which are your top 5 favorite countries?

September 24th, 2014, 3:35 pm

x
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 23rd, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

September 24th, 2014, 3:35 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaBesides the US (Colorado), I'd give high marks to Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia. The range of cuisines in Singapore more than offsets the brutal equatorial sun.I liked Iceland and Norway in the summer but know that I could never tolerate their dark winters. The UK drops out for me on this issue, too. I once had a mid-winter business trip to London and never saw daylight. Switzerland has great landscapes, but the high costs and disadvantages of not being Swiss make it more of a place to visit than to live. Hong Kong has a really nice blend of high-energy city life and more natural non-city opportunities -- vastly better than sprawling metropolises like NYC or LA -- but friends who have lived their say that there's an undercurrent of people trying to take advantage of other people.I agree with you, but I would add Switzerland:1) US (Land of the free! Even with Obama, the US is still doing great) 2) Switzerland ( high costs, but lower taxes even things out a bit) 3) New Zealand (No real army is a minus) 4) Australia (Water shortages and high costs are minuses) 5) Singapore (Very small island, Risk of being wiped out by a tsunami, In a dangerous part of the world)New Zealand ?have you read the "paradise lost" thread no I have not. Can you give me a quick summary?bestiality, homosexuality, murder, drunk driving, robbery, kidnapping, wife swapping, child abuse ...That sounds exactly like the UK and the US!No time for that in Israel all work and no play.

tagoma

September 24th, 2014, 4:13 pm

A new thread on faith in humanity! Many thanks.

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

September 24th, 2014, 5:10 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaBesides the US (Colorado), I'd give high marks to Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia. The range of cuisines in Singapore more than offsets the brutal equatorial sun.I liked Iceland and Norway in the summer but know that I could never tolerate their dark winters. The UK drops out for me on this issue, too. I once had a mid-winter business trip to London and never saw daylight. Switzerland has great landscapes, but the high costs and disadvantages of not being Swiss make it more of a place to visit than to live. Hong Kong has a really nice blend of high-energy city life and more natural non-city opportunities -- vastly better than sprawling metropolises like NYC or LA -- but friends who have lived their say that there's an undercurrent of people trying to take advantage of other people.I agree with you, but I would add Switzerland:1) US (Land of the free! Even with Obama, the US is still doing great) 2) Switzerland ( high costs, but lower taxes even things out a bit) 3) New Zealand (No real army is a minus) 4) Australia (Water shortages and high costs are minuses) 5) Singapore (Very small island, Risk of being wiped out by a tsunami, In a dangerous part of the world)New Zealand ?have you read the "paradise lost" thread no I have not. Can you give me a quick summary?bestiality, homosexuality, murder, drunk driving, robbery, kidnapping, wife swapping, child abuse ...That sounds exactly like the UK and the US!No time for that in Israel all work and no play.Almost all the murders in Israel are because of arab terrorism.Most of the other things exist in Israel too, but approx. 99% of that stuff is committed by the non-jewish and/or non-religious elements.

Cuchulainn

September 24th, 2014, 5:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaWhich are your top 5 countries to live in?https://www.udemy.com/blog/best-countries-to-live-in/1) England for work and also the Lakes District2) Scotland and Ireland for places in the country3) Switzerland (Geneva, then Zurich)4) US North East Coast, West Coast (SF and Seattle), Colorado and Wyoming5) Bermuda - with a nice racing yacht waiting thereAdditional vacation homes in Provence, Tuscany, and Scandinavia (exact location TBD, but probably outside of Stockholm - have not been to Helsinki yet, so hard to say).** Powerpuff may disagree with this selection. Arguments on behalf of any other Scandi-nations are welcome.Have you tried Luxemburg (N.B. subtitles, look and learn)?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 23rd, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slacknoise

September 24th, 2014, 6:11 pm

1. Switzerland2. Germany3. Sweden4. Norway5. Australia

daveangel

September 24th, 2014, 6:32 pm

1. Italy2. Italy3. Italy4. Italy5. errr Italy
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

September 24th, 2014, 6:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel1. Italy2. Italy3. Italy4. Italy5. errr Italylet me guess, you are an ..

daveangel

September 24th, 2014, 6:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel1. Italy2. Italy3. Italy4. Italy5. errr Italylet me guess, you are an ..not Italian...

Cuchulainn

September 24th, 2014, 8:58 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel1. Italy2. Italy3. Italy4. Italy5. errr ItalyI second that. Actually, my 1..5 list as well.

Cuchulainn

September 24th, 2014, 9:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel1. Italy2. Italy3. Italy4. Italy5. errr Italylet me guess, you are an ..not Italian...Nah,A real Italian like Ireland.il cielo Il cielo d'Irlanda è un enorme cappello di pioggia
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 24th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

September 25th, 2014, 9:27 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaBesides the US (Colorado), I'd give high marks to Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia. The range of cuisines in Singapore more than offsets the brutal equatorial sun.I liked Iceland and Norway in the summer but know that I could never tolerate their dark winters. The UK drops out for me on this issue, too. I once had a mid-winter business trip to London and never saw daylight. Switzerland has great landscapes, but the high costs and disadvantages of not being Swiss make it more of a place to visit than to live. Hong Kong has a really nice blend of high-energy city life and more natural non-city opportunities -- vastly better than sprawling metropolises like NYC or LA -- but friends who have lived their say that there's an undercurrent of people trying to take advantage of other people.I agree with you, but I would add Switzerland:1) US (Land of the free! Even with Obama, the US is still doing great) 2) Switzerland ( high costs, but lower taxes even things out a bit) 3) New Zealand (No real army is a minus) 4) Australia (Water shortages and high costs are minuses) 5) Singapore (Very small island, Risk of being wiped out by a tsunami, In a dangerous part of the world)New Zealand ?have you read the "paradise lost" thread no I have not. Can you give me a quick summary?bestiality, homosexuality, murder, drunk driving, robbery, kidnapping, wife swapping, child abuse ...That sounds exactly like the UK and the US!No time for that in Israel all work and no play.Almost all the murders in Israel are because of arab terrorism.Most of the other things exist in Israel too, but approx. 99% of that stuff is committed by the non-jewish and/or non-religious elements.You are a naive person 11 year old boy raped in broad daylight in Stamford Hill

Cuchulainn

September 25th, 2014, 7:01 pm

Biggest problem here is polygotlitism
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 24th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

September 29th, 2014, 2:02 pm

===============QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaBesides the US (Colorado), I'd give high marks to Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia. The range of cuisines in Singapore more than offsets the brutal equatorial sun.I liked Iceland and Norway in the summer but know that I could never tolerate their dark winters. The UK drops out for me on this issue, too. I once had a mid-winter business trip to London and never saw daylight. Switzerland has great landscapes, but the high costs and disadvantages of not being Swiss make it more of a place to visit than to live. Hong Kong has a really nice blend of high-energy city life and more natural non-city opportunities -- vastly better than sprawling metropolises like NYC or LA -- but friends who have lived their say that there's an undercurrent of people trying to take advantage of other people.I agree with you, but I would add Switzerland:1) US (Land of the free! Even with Obama, the US is still doing great) 2) Switzerland ( high costs, but lower taxes even things out a bit) 3) New Zealand (No real army is a minus) 4) Australia (Water shortages and high costs are minuses) 5) Singapore (Very small island, Risk of being wiped out by a tsunami, In a dangerous part of the world)New Zealand ?have you read the "paradise lost" thread no I have not. Can you give me a quick summary?bestiality, homosexuality, murder, drunk driving, robbery, kidnapping, wife swapping, child abuse ...That sounds exactly like the UK and the US!No time for that in Israel all work and no play.Almost all the murders in Israel are because of arab terrorism.Most of the other things exist in Israel too, but approx. 99% of that stuff is committed by the non-jewish and/or non-religious elements.You are a naive person 11 year old boy raped in broad daylight in Stamford HillYou found an incident within the 1%. Congrats! We don't even know the identity of the attacker so it may be an incident from the 99%.

daveangel

September 29th, 2014, 2:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVega===============QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaBesides the US (Colorado), I'd give high marks to Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia. The range of cuisines in Singapore more than offsets the brutal equatorial sun.I liked Iceland and Norway in the summer but know that I could never tolerate their dark winters. The UK drops out for me on this issue, too. I once had a mid-winter business trip to London and never saw daylight. Switzerland has great landscapes, but the high costs and disadvantages of not being Swiss make it more of a place to visit than to live. Hong Kong has a really nice blend of high-energy city life and more natural non-city opportunities -- vastly better than sprawling metropolises like NYC or LA -- but friends who have lived their say that there's an undercurrent of people trying to take advantage of other people.I agree with you, but I would add Switzerland:1) US (Land of the free! Even with Obama, the US is still doing great) 2) Switzerland ( high costs, but lower taxes even things out a bit) 3) New Zealand (No real army is a minus) 4) Australia (Water shortages and high costs are minuses) 5) Singapore (Very small island, Risk of being wiped out by a tsunami, In a dangerous part of the world)New Zealand ?have you read the "paradise lost" thread no I have not. Can you give me a quick summary?bestiality, homosexuality, murder, drunk driving, robbery, kidnapping, wife swapping, child abuse ...That sounds exactly like the UK and the US!No time for that in Israel all work and no play.Almost all the murders in Israel are because of arab terrorism.Most of the other things exist in Israel too, but approx. 99% of that stuff is committed by the non-jewish and/or non-religious elements.You are a naive person 11 year old boy raped in broad daylight in Stamford HillYou found an incident within the 1%. Congrats! We don't even know the identity of the attacker so it may be an incident from the 99%.you are an incredibly naive personsexual abuse amongst orthodox jewsassembly line
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On