Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

GrenvilleCroll

Research Mathematicians

November 17th, 2014, 7:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteYour proof sounds more complex than mine. I win thanks to occam's razor and your lack of prior publication!Indeed.Talk is cheap. Publish or perish.Hanging something on the Web next to the video of someone's cat vomiting a hairball (I couldn't help the association, sorry) is not publishing.We need referees.Is Kauffman (Erdos number = 2) good enough?If this isn't publishing, I don't know what is!BTW Thanks for the update to Margolis. I had a couple of responses, with a possibility of updating the suite over the holidays.

CactusMan
Topic Author

Research Mathematicians

November 17th, 2014, 11:26 pm

I am going to behead all of you if I don't see some original maths in 24 hours!Don't test me! I will behead you! And then put your head on your arse and take a photo of it and put it out on the internet just like it's my summer vacations photo or some s*** like that. There you will be, with you head on your arse.
Last edited by CactusMan on November 17th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamal

Research Mathematicians

November 18th, 2014, 1:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManI am going to behead all of you if I don't see some original maths in 24 hours!Don't test me! I will behead you! And then put your head on your arse and take a photo of it and put it out on the internet just like it's my summer vacations photo or some s*** like that. There you will be, with you head on your arse.What are you waiting for? Start with... whoa, so many candidates!

CactusMan
Topic Author

Research Mathematicians

November 20th, 2014, 11:20 pm

I am going to behead you and shove your head up your da*n ar**.

CactusMan
Topic Author

Research Mathematicians

January 4th, 2015, 8:51 pm

I still have not seen any maths, ppauper. I am going to send my army of 10-year-old Canadian girls in ballet tights to come and get you, and kick your ars*.Now, show me the damn maths!
Last edited by CactusMan on January 3rd, 2015, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

Research Mathematicians

January 4th, 2015, 8:54 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManI still have not seen any maths, ppauper. I am going to send my army of 10-year-old Canadian girls in ballet tights to come and get you, and kick your ars*.Now, show me the damn maths!Don't encourage him.

Cuchulainn

Research Mathematicians

June 19th, 2016, 4:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManI still have not seen any maths, ppauper. I am going to send my army of 10-year-old Canadian girls in ballet tights to come and get you, and kick your ars*.Now, show me the damn maths!Any updates? Did ppauper respond?

tw

Research Mathematicians

June 19th, 2016, 6:11 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManI am going to behead all of you if I don't see some original maths in 24 hours!Don't test me! I will behead you! And then put your head on your arse and take a photo of it and put it out on the internet just like it's my summer vacations photo or some s*** like that. There you will be, with you head on your arse.(Temperature in Celcius) = (Temperature in Fahrenheit -32) *(5/9)Completely original. Can I have a Fields medal and keep my head on my shoulders please?

Cuchulainn

Research Mathematicians

June 19th, 2016, 7:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: twQuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManI am going to behead all of you if I don't see some original maths in 24 hours!Don't test me! I will behead you! And then put your head on your arse and take a photo of it and put it out on the internet just like it's my summer vacations photo or some s*** like that. There you will be, with you head on your arse.(Temperature in Celcius) = (Temperature in Fahrenheit -32) *(5/9)Completely original. Can I have a Fields medal and keep my head on my shoulders please?Already awarded

Collector

Re: Research Mathematicians

July 5th, 2022, 6:05 pm

"Professor James Maynard, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford has been awarded a 2022 Fields Medal for his ‘spectacular contributions’ to analytic number theory, ‘which have led to major advances in the understanding of the structure of prime numbers and in Diophantine approximation’."  https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2022-07-05-oxford-mathematician-james-maynard-awarded-fields-medal-2022