SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Re: "Unified Revolution" new book by Espen Haug

September 4th, 2018, 8:50 am

As the image of God grows within man, he learns to rely less on an intellectual pursuit of virtue and more on an affective pursuit of charity and meekness. Thus, man then directs his path to that One, and the love for, and of, Christ guides man's very nature to become centered on the One, and on his neighbor as well.Charity is the manifestation of the pure love of Christ, both for and by His follower.

The Dominican Order was affected by a number of elemental influences. Its early members imbued the order with a mysticism and learning. The Europeans of the order embraced ecstatic mysticism on a grand scale and looked to a union with the Creator. The English Dominicans looked for this complete unity as well, but were not so focused on ecstatic experiences.

Collector

September 4th, 2018, 4:03 pm

". Its early members imbued the order with a mysticism and learning."

so basically modern physics, mysticism!

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

September 4th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Collector wrote:
". Its early members imbued the order with a mysticism and learning."

so basically modern physics, mysticism!

now that you mention it, you do have a point! 

katastrofa

September 7th, 2018, 11:57 am

trackstar wrote:
On a different note (and back on topic!) - some recent news from physics:

Researchers Solve First Problem From Mathematical Physics Wish List

"The newly solved problem relates to the quantum Hall effect. The Hall effect "was discovered in a groundbreaking experiment by Edwin Hall in 1879 that showed, for the first time, that electric currents in a metal can be deflected in the presence of a magnetic field perpendicular to the surface," a news release notes."

Here is the list, housed at Princeton:

Open Problems in Mathematical Physics

Imagine that I got that question on my PhD exam (at least in in EE we have to pass exams in general physics and philosophy or economy before they give us the title). Obviously I don't claim that I solved the problem - I'm just complaining what I've been through :-) I used topology / differential geometry approach to solve it, and the model also applied to the anomalous Hall effect. Someone even said that the model was worth further investigation, but then we went for vodka and forgot about it. I have a box full of some "to-be-published" results from those times. I plan to open it before I die.
Last edited by katastrofa on September 7th, 2018, 2:52 pm

ExSan

September 7th, 2018, 12:54 pm

katastrofa wrote:
trackstar wrote:
On a different note (and back on topic!) - some recent news from physics:

Researchers Solve First Problem From Mathematical Physics Wish List

"The newly solved problem relates to the quantum Hall effect. The Hall effect "was discovered in a groundbreaking experiment by Edwin Hall in 1879 that showed, for the first time, that electric currents in a metal can be deflected in the presence of a magnetic field perpendicular to the surface," a news release notes."

Here is the list, housed at Princeton:

Open Problems in Mathematical Physics

Imagine that I got that question on my PhD exam (at least in in EE we have to pass exams in general physics and philosophy or economy before they give us the title). Obviously I don't claim that I solved the problem - I'm just complaining what I've been through :-) I used topology / differential geometry approach to solve it, and the model also applied to the anomalous Hall effect. My PhD advisor (with whom we didn't spoke and I used part of my mental powers during the exam to passive-aggressively obstruct the blackboard on which I wrote from him >:-D) got interested and someone even said that the model was worth further investigation, but then we went for vodka and forgot about it. I have a box full of some "to-be-published" results from those times. I plan to open it before I die.

wow !!!  very interesting !!! 

katastrofa

September 7th, 2018, 3:11 pm

I know. Not any less interesting than my other comments. I'm like those old swats telling stories from their past, again and again :-)

Collector

September 7th, 2018, 8:48 pm

"Someone even said that the model was worth further investigation, but then we went for vodka and forgot about it. I have a box full of some "to-be-published" results from those times. I plan to open it before I die."

Just open the box and tell us what u found.  And dont worry about dying from opening that box. The box is likely full of empty vodka bottles, not full bottles. Well before u open it how can u know?

Next time try

Quantum Vodka, even the bottles valuable

katastrofa

September 7th, 2018, 10:29 pm

No bottles left. Polish moonshine has over 99% ABV. It's in thermodynamic equilibrium with the bottle.

ExSan

September 8th, 2018, 5:19 pm

katastrofa wrote:
I know. Not any less interesting than my other comments. I'm like those old swats telling stories from their past, again and again :-)

I would like to track your research. If you had a blog please share the link  

katastrofa

September 8th, 2018, 6:21 pm

ExSan wrote:
katastrofa wrote:

I would like to track your research. If you had a blog please share the link  

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't make moonshine these days. Though, I plan to go back to it with my grandpa's recipe one day.

Collector

September 12th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Modern physics assume the Planck length is a derived constant 

\(l_p=\sqrt{\frac{\hbar G}{c^3}}\)

and that G and \(\hbar\) fundamental constants. totally opposite, G and hbar are composite constants that have caused a cloud carpet over physics, so it has lost logic and now is a mathematical cloud carpet. Yes universal constants, but unnecessarily complex composites where one do not understand deeper meaning before one understand they are composites rooted in stone age mass insight. 

The Planck length can be found totally independent of any knowledge of G and hbar.

G and hbar will be expelled from the next revolution in physics. The Planck length and the speed of light is what is truly important. No, we dont even need hbar for any energy calculations.

Finding the Planck Length Independent of Newtons Gravitational Constant and the Planck Constant (first draft written last night, loads of implications)

S radius is the reduced Compton frequency over one Planck second times the Planck length 

\begin{equation}
\frac{r_s}{2}=\frac{GM}{c^2}=f_Ct_pl_p=\frac{c}{\bar{\lambda}}\frac{l_p}{c}l_p=\frac{l_p^2}{\bar{\lambda}}
\end{equation}

and we need no knowledge off G or \(\hbar\) to find the Schwarzschild or the reduced Compton frequency, and therefore we can extract the Planck length without any knowledge off G and \(\hbar\).

Some other interesting aspects of the diameter of the God particle 

\begin{equation}
l_p=\sqrt{\frac{1}{2}\frac{r_s}{f_C}c}
\end{equation}

\begin{equation}
l_p =\sqrt{\frac{1}{2}r_s\bar{\lambda}} 
\end{equation}

No need to know traditional mass sizes, or G or hbar to find \(r_s\) and \(\bar{\lambda}\)
Last edited by Collector on September 12th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

September 12th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Do you need to be a brain sturgen to understand it? Like a fish out of water?

Collector

September 12th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
Do you need to be a brain sturgen to understand it? Like a fish out of water?

at the moment one possibly need to undergo brain surgery to understand it ( private message me if needed, brain surgery) , later on I will make it understandable even for a big fish (whale).

The Planck mass has reduced Compton frequency of ONE in the shortest possible time interval (Planck time, that we find in same sweep). Masses below Planck mass have  frequency < 1 at Planck time, therefore probabilistic. 

no need for G or hbar, Newton's God particle is ONE, the only ONE! And most important the ONE is now found!

Compton scattering + Cyclotron frequency (linear proportional to reduced Compton frequency, no need to go through stone age mass concept: kg) and Cavendish used not traditional way when mass size input, jump straight to Schwarzschild. From that extract diameter of the One and only One!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...