SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Collector

Re: "Unified Revolution" new book by Espen Haug

December 2nd, 2019, 11:30 pm

One either has to accept that there is no minimum length or time, or one needs to modify special relativity theory! And yes one need to modify SR, point particles is hypothesis that makes little logical sense! ( Please read Principia, Newton would never have bought into it).

Does Special Relativity Lead to a Trans-Planckian Crisis?

My maximum velocity formula brings back a minimum spatial dimension, that indeed is the Planck scale!

wish i could have shown Max my Max velocity formula, to get his critics, but a bit to late, so the closest i can get is to show Max's original signature to my formula..
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 12.27.21 AM.png

katastrofa

December 3rd, 2019, 9:40 am

Don't we need to take into account quantum effects to discuss the scales below the Planck scale? (We cannot measure positions/lengths of objects infinitely precisely, because we don't have photons of energies high enough. Ergo, the Compton wavelength is the limit below which the so-called uncertainty principle applies.)
Anyway, your model is more appealing that string theory, quantum loop gravity and whatever those academic loonies have come up with since I drew a veil over the festival of bias and fallacies called fundamental physics research. I could never give credit to any of those.

Collector

December 3rd, 2019, 11:16 am

there is no scale below the Planck scale!  Ohh Yes and No, are you talking about energies below the Planck energy? this is = length scale above the Planck scale. 

To say below or above the Planck scale is not scientific rigorous enough in my view, and I must check my papers here myself also. Because the Planck length is also the Planck scale, and below the Planck length is above the Planck energy and above the Planck mass. And below the Planck time is also above the Planck energy and above Planck mass.

At the Planck scale we have:  As above so below! One must specify when talking above or below the Planck scale if one talks about Planck energy and mass or about Planck length and Planck time. Because as Above so Below (at the Planck scale) !

QM is also inconsistent with a minimum length, something I have indirectly pointed out in some of my papers, that I now see more clearly and soon will write a specific paper on. But first Christmas!

SR, GR and QM are all inconsistent with minimum length.  They are lost and can not unify their incomplete theories, just dig it down in more and more math. Simplicity will Rule soon Once Again!

"Anyway, your model is more appealing that string theory, quantum loop gravity and whatever those academic loonies have come up with since I drew a veil over the festival of bias and fallacies called fundamental physics research."  

thank Yu

Collector

December 3rd, 2019, 11:55 am

interesting Herman von Helmholtz supposedly to begin with did not even bother reading papers by his former student Max Planck, but they still got well along.  
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 1.03.10 PM.png
statue budget went down over time? Or just that the world entered the modern art area? Planck look like an Alien...

katastrofa

December 3rd, 2019, 12:53 pm

MKEP and HvH got along well scientifically even if the second didn't read the first's papers? There can be only one explanation - Planck stole and published Helmholtz's ideas ;-)

Yeah, Planck looks quite "deformed". Brings to mind his personal life - he lost all his children (one of his sons tried to assassinate Hitler and was hanged) and was morally against Nazism and the persecution of Jews.

katastrofa

December 3rd, 2019, 1:12 pm

There's a lot of space for details and sophistication at any length scale:
by Johann Swanepoel. Mouth brushes of a mosquito larva under a differential interference contrast microscope. Third price in Olympus Image of the Year 2019.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On