Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Collector

Re: "Unified Revolution" new book by Espen Haug

May 21st, 2021, 1:21 pm

I stopped having students (even if my teaching was top ranked by the students the last year I gave a course)! I am a Professor not a teacher! When the student is ready the teacher will appear, no one said the Professor would appear. A Professor should mostly think and spend time in the park or on a mountain top philosophizing.

in my model the indivisible particles when not colliding are light (Newtons idea similar), they then still have inertia linked to their spatial dimension etc., so i think this will solve that also, and also replace some other strange mechanism in modern physics.

Copenhagentolondon

May 21st, 2021, 1:35 pm

But how will it solve the question of light bending from massive objects?

You think, simply doesn’t prove anything.
As it is now, the curvature of space bends the trajectory of light. But that is without light having any mass or inertia.

So if you propose light to have inertia, what makes you believe that it would be valid?
CBCA->CMSA->FMVA->Ba.Sc.Math-stat->CFA1,2,3->CISI->FRM->CQF->IFoA->than what?
The goal is to write all three and four letter combinations and try to make sense of it.

Collector

May 21st, 2021, 1:43 pm

will look into it

"But how do you than propose to capture the bending of light by massive objects "

The Soldner solution was non relativistic Newton with also minimal insight in what mass truly was, it gave 1/2 of GR. Einstein derived similar for Newton (1911?), also non-relativistic. Other Newtonian solutions have been given all non relativistic Newton. If one want to talk about light in Newton at least make it relativistic first, and I would not have excluded relativistic mass!!

My theory is full relativistic Newton, relativistic energy and relativist mass. And also my light particle (the indivisible) is the very core of my theory, my theory actually have a full bridge between photons and mass, unlike ad-hock solutions in standard theory.  Newton was explicit on the building blocks of mass had spatial dimensions, totally ignored by modern physics, they have picked pieces here and there from Newton and ignored much of his very foundation.
Last edited by Collector on May 21st, 2021, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Copenhagentolondon

May 21st, 2021, 1:48 pm

What does full bridge between photons and mass mean? Do you have an equation to explain their correlation or a concept of some sort?

Also you’re using the word relativistic a lot, what does it mean to you?
The goal is to write all three and four letter combinations and try to make sense of it.

Copenhagentolondon

May 21st, 2021, 1:48 pm

What does full bridge between photons and mass mean? Do you have an equation to explain their correlation or a concept of some sort?

Also you’re using the word relativistic a lot, what does it mean to you?

Collector

May 21st, 2021, 1:50 pm

A good start here 

Re-thinking the Foundation of Physics, Its Relation to Quantum Gravity and Quantum Probabilities: Unification of Gravity and Quantum Mechanics

Much more detailed and further developed in book soon in print, 80+ page chapter, see book section.

I am going to write several papers on how standard physics have fudged it, but left model incomplete, not possible to unify for example. Stay tuned!

katastrofa

May 21st, 2021, 2:28 pm

Katastrofa, is that his proposal or are you joking?
You don't know physics (history of physics) if you suspect I am joking. How it is the idea of light inertia less serious than Higg's idea of a mysterious molasses spreading across the space evading any general relativity restriksjons?

Copenhagentolondon

May 21st, 2021, 2:36 pm

Honestly neither is any good. One is simply bypassing the obvious bad, being that light hasn’t and simply can’t be measured in regards to mass and that light can be diffracted

katastrofa

May 21st, 2021, 2:56 pm

Obviously, gravitational lensing has nothing to do with diffraction, but I'm happy to hear you're also critical about the most challenging ideas of modern physics ;-) You might like Collector's exotic model. Should be easy since you also speak English and Norwegian :-)

Collector

May 21st, 2021, 3:33 pm

"being that light hasn’t and simply can’t be measured in regards to mass "

The mass of a photon is the Planck mass (actually half ) and I have measured it, and will do more experiments soon to measure it even simpler when the container with more of my ordered observational equipment arrive, some new rather cool stuff. It is not possible to measure the mass of one photon, but we can measure the mass of an enormous amount of photons, and as we also can count them we know the exact mass of a single photon (the ultimate building blocks of it). 

Off course standard physics have no clue about how to measure the photon mass. The physics community has also for ages been searching for ways to measure the Planck scale, but have not found any. They can only find the Planck units from dimensional analysis basically, from first having G, h and c. They can also not unify. They have not bridged mass and the photon, they do not understand photons nor mass at deepest level. Every gravity observation is detection of the Planck scale, which is why I can measure the Planck lenght and even the speed of gravity from a Newton force spring.  Happy to see my paper for months have been the top downloaded from this decent journal. I strongly suspect P. Wilmott every evening secretively are downloading my paper and studying it to improve his money formula!

Finding the Planck length multiplied by the speed of light without any knowledge of G, c, or hbar, using a Newton force spring

The Photon is massless, but the collision of two photons is the Planck mass, and there is no other mass. Other masses are energy and mass coming in and out of existance, which only can happen in time interval > t_p.  My theory gives the bridge between the photon and mass, and also gravity, therefore able too unify the quantum with gravity!

Collector

May 21st, 2021, 3:41 pm

The measured mass of the photon is very close to what has been predicted by series of researchers, it is also extremely far off, because the photon mass is always observational time window dependent, unlike for example the mass of an electron that not is observational time dependent as long as observational time is considerably above the Compton time fo the electron.

The mass of the Photon is to detect the Planck scale! It is to unify gravity with other parts of physics!

Copenhagentolondon

May 21st, 2021, 4:55 pm

Katastrofa I think we’re in agreement than, the current models aren’t any good, they’re mostly speculative in nature, proposing new particles whenever there’s something missing. But indeed I should definitely get myself rusted off as well, it is after all two years since I switched from physics to mathematics and statistics.

Collector, you do seem to be going through some of the patterns, but it also seems very vague what you’re proposing.

I’ve yet to hear about an experiment that could even get close to measuring, let alone measure with certainty the mass of light

How do you propose to manage such a miraculous achievement?

Collector

May 21st, 2021, 5:32 pm

A review of the likely photon mass u find for example here

A survey of existing and proposed classical and quantum approaches to the photon mass

In my theory the most fundamental of all masses is simply the collision of two photons (building blocks of all we call mass). It is measured to be \(1.17\times 10^{-51} \pm 5\%\) kg in a one second observational time window,  which correspond to \( m_p\approx 2.17*10^{-8} \pm 5\%\) kg  in a Planck time window.  Read my papers and see if u see how it can be measured, or wait for my papers where this is main focus and how simpler methods are used, in progress. No way to detect such a small mass (or alternatively such a short time interval), but if we have many enough of them and can count them then we can find the mass of a single photon, as have been done already!

Detection of effects from the Planck mass and the Planck length is actually the same quest as to detect the photon mass, first clear when one understand deeper relation between mass and photons.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 21st, 2021, 5:41 pm

Katastrofa, is that his proposal or are you joking?
You don't know physics (history of physics) if you suspect I am joking. How it is the idea of light inertia less serious than Higg's idea of a mysterious molasses spreading across the space evading any general relativity restriksjons?
What happens on the boundaries? Slip, sliding away.
Attachments
71XsVVZJ5sL._AC_SY741_.jpg
"Compatibility means deliberately repeating other people's mistakes."
David Wheeler

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

katastrofa

May 21st, 2021, 9:35 pm

The fringe wing is the Jesus Christ the Saviour of science - counterbalancing the politicised relativistic (in the sense of its philosophy) wing. The latter has started after the fall of Roman Empire - with the arrival of Christianity, whose political agenda permeates every field of human activity. I shall never think again that we live in crazy times!

Anyway, what I meant by the light inertia has nothing to do with gravitational mass. I also don't accept the Equivalence Principle, and I find it amusing that Eotvos proved it by measuring masses at rest (and physics acknowledges this result). But as statisticians know, it's nothing to worry about since there are no true models (still some are useful). Consequently, science is an endless story of proving ourselves wrong...