Cuchulainn

Re: Israel, land of milk and hnoey

February 9th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Loser 

AnalyticalVega

February 9th, 2017, 9:15 pm

Loser 
Ha! Bruce Lee didn't take sides in the Israeli-Arab conflict but he was a good friend of Chuck Norris in real life. I'm sure if he was alive today he would support Israel as well.

Cuchulainn

February 9th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Loser 
Ha! Bruce Lee didn't take sides in the Israeli-Arab conflict but he was a good friend of Chuck Norris in real life. I'm sure if he was alive today he would support Israel as well.
Chuck is a good friend of Mike Huckabee.

Cuchulainn

February 9th, 2017, 9:29 pm

by Moriel Rothman-Zecher
Recently in Haaretz, in a piece called "An Orgy of Violence and Closed Cases," the indispensable Amira Hass called on the Israeli authorities to prove that their espoused shock over the recent Duma attack were not just "crocodile tears" by reopening investigations of old cases of violent settler attacks against Palestinians throughout the West Bank. The first example of such an attack Hass gives was the April 2011 attack on a man named Bruce Lee Eid from the village of Burin, who was shot and gravely wounded by a group of settlers.
 I met and interviewed Bruce Lee by chance as he was recovering in the fall of 2011. He immediately struck me as a quirky and decent man, gently teasing me in Arabic and calling me "Darwish" because I’d mentioned to him that I liked poetry. I made this short video then, and thought it would be worthwhile to share now, by way of providing a face and a voice to the crucial story written by Hass: 

AnalyticalVega

February 9th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Loser 

Yes, I know. I'm sure Chuck voted for Trump as did Steven Seagal and probably almost every other action movie star. 

Cuchulainn

February 10th, 2017, 2:06 pm

Yes, I know. I'm sure Chuck voted for Trump as did Steven Seagal and probably almost every other action movie star. 
Has beens.
And probably many more faux-wrestlers. Ex-sambo world champion trainer Chris Dolman invited Hulk Hogan into the ring at Vegas but he declined.
Never mind, there's no businessl like show business.
Conor McGregor is a fan of Truimp?

Conor McGregor "doesn't give a b******s" about Donald Trump as businessman is elected president

Cuchulainn

February 23rd, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programme (in Dutch) on the settlements.

http://www.vpro.nl/programmas/2doc/2017 ... tlers.html

I did not know that an Israeli salary = 20 X Palestine salary.

ppauper
Topic Author

March 20th, 2017, 8:17 am

Cuchulainn

March 20th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Rod the Mod as well..

"They were not alone: the likes of Rod Stewart and Status Quo also played Sun City, easing their consciences by making donations to local charities. Queen were no exception: they attempted to make up for the breaking of the cultural boycott by handing some spare royalties to a school for the deaf and blind. It didn't wash: the UN stuck them on its list of blacklisted artists, where they remained until apartheid was finally dismantled."

Cuchulainn

May 3rd, 2017, 5:24 pm

Israel refuses credentials of Dutch correspondent for alleged ‘activism’

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2017/05/02/is ... 8-a1556898

At the end of March it turned out that the authorities did recognize NRC as a media organization. But that did not result in the extension of the visa. This time the reason was that the correspondent had not accepted the offer for an extension of the visa for only three months. But the reason he had not done that at the time is because the Israeli government had not recognized NRC as a media organization.

For the record, NRC Handelsblad is the most prestigious newspaper in the Netherlands. 

Cuchulainn

May 3rd, 2017, 5:34 pm

Reporters Without Borders ranked Israel 91 out of 180 countries in its annual survey, but Mr. Netanyahu was criticized for treating journalists like “enemies.”

It's just 2 places behind Kyrgyzstan..............................................................................................

ppauper
Topic Author

May 3rd, 2017, 7:32 pm

Reporters Without Borders ranked Israel 91 out of 180 countries in its annual survey, but Mr. Netanyahu was criticized for treating journalists like “enemies.”

It's just 2 places behind Kyrgyzstan..............................................................................................
and only 44 places ahead of "palestine" which is #135 with a bullet

Cuchulainn

May 4th, 2017, 8:44 am

and only 44 places ahead of "palestine" which is #135 with a bullet
Don't worry, if they keep it up they can easily bypass the whole list..

ppauper
Topic Author

Re: Israel, land of milk and honey

September 1st, 2017, 7:53 am

Cuchulainn

Re: Israel, land of milk and honey

September 1st, 2017, 11:24 am

Peep shows, how quaint.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On