Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

The Donald Trump

August 7th, 2015, 7:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelthe donald's kryptoniteTrump will only get stronger from Kelly's attacks. People are sick of media mongers and politicians.

daveangel

The Donald Trump

August 7th, 2015, 8:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelthe donald's kryptoniteTrump will only get stronger from Kelly's attacks. People are sick of media mongers and politicians.QuoteKelly, unlike, say, McCain, is immensely popular among conservatives as the face of Fox News Channel. She's likable and positive. It's hard to find someone who has a negative thing to say about her.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

daveangel

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 6:54 am

The Donald banned from RedState gathering over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly

ppauper

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 10:30 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelThe Donald banned from RedState gathering over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly"menstruation comment"? that's a bizarre interpretationI saw that comment yesterday (the link below was on drudge) and it didn't seem like a "menstruation comment" to me, neither did anyone in the comments take it that wayTrump slams Fox News, praises DrudgeQuoteElsewhere in the CNN interview, Trump again ripped debate moderator and Fox News host Megyn Kelly, calling her "highly overrated." "She gets out and starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions,? Trump told Lemon. "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her ? wherever." Trump complimented Lemon and CNN for their coverage of his campaign, and claimed partial credit for the network?s gains against Fox News.It seems to be another case of Trump's words being deliberately misinterpreted

ppauper

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 10:35 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI haven't seen the debate, but in the newspaper I've read that they gave him more than enough rope to hang himself?see belowTrump was asked something along the lines of "is it true you call women fat pigs?" and his response (which brought the house down) was something like "only rosie o'donnell"No one else got a question that was anywhere near that hostile.many years ago in a debate, in response to a question about what his administration would do to help African Americans, Jeb's answer included the memorable words "probably nothing"Jeb could have been asked "you're just like your brother and don't care about blacks", but he wasn't

tags

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 10:40 am

QuoteTrump was asked something along the lines of "is it true you call women fat pigs?" and his response (which brought the house down) was something like "only rosie o'donnell"No one else got a question that was anywhere near that hostile.Maybe no other candidate calls Ms O'Donnell 'fat pig' ?

ppauper

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 10:43 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteTrump was asked something along the lines of "is it true you call women fat pigs?" and his response (which brought the house down) was something like "only rosie o'donnell"No one else got a question that was anywhere near that hostile.Maybe no other candidate calls Ms O'Donnell 'fat pig' ?he was asked a hostile question. The other candidates were notJeb could have been asked "you're just like your brother and don't care about blacks", but he wasn'tQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI haven't seen the debate, but in the newspaper I've read that they gave him more than enough rope to hang himself?see belowTrump was asked something along the lines of "is it true you call women fat pigs?" and his response (which brought the house down) was something like "only rosie o'donnell"No one else got a question that was anywhere near that hostile.many years ago in a debate, in response to a question about what his administration would do to help African Americans, Jeb's answer included the memorable words "probably nothing"Jeb could have been asked "you're just like your brother and don't care about blacks", but he wasn't

tags

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 10:52 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteTrump was asked something along the lines of "is it true you call women fat pigs?" and his response (which brought the house down) was something like "only rosie o'donnell"No one else got a question that was anywhere near that hostile.Maybe no other candidate calls Ms O'Donnell 'fat pig' ?he was asked a hostile question. The other candidates were notJeb could have been asked "you're just like your brother and don't care about blacks", but he wasn'tQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI haven't seen the debate, but in the newspaper I've read that they gave him more than enough rope to hang himself?see belowTrump was asked something along the lines of "is it true you call women fat pigs?" and his response (which brought the house down) was something like "only rosie o'donnell"No one else got a question that was anywhere near that hostile.many years ago in a debate, in response to a question about what his administration would do to help African Americans, Jeb's answer included the memorable words "probably nothing"Jeb could have been asked "you're just like your brother and don't care about blacks", but he wasn'tWell, my take is that all that is just (or foremost, at least) circus and money-making. Trash TV makes good viewings stats. Everyone is talking about Donald's performance during this TV show. Fox made a good job.
Last edited by tags on August 7th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 10:56 am

rush's takeThe Orders to Take Out Trump Must Have Gone to Fox, Not the Other CandidatesQuoteRUSH: It was just 24 hours ago, ladies and gentlemen -- a mere 24 hours ago -- that I was behind this very Golden EIB Microphone informing you that I had come across a bit of news. The bit of news was that big-time Republican donors had ordered to take out Donald Trump in the debate last night. We all made a mistake. We assumed that the orders went out to the candidates. But the candidates did not make one move toward taking Donald Trump out. The broadcast network did; the candidates didn't. I mean, let's review. The first question from Megyn Kelly to Trump was, "You've called women fat slobs, pigs, whatever," and he said, "No, just Rosie O'Donnell." The place starts laughing and so forth, but she's not amused, and she tells him, "No, it's more than that."

traderjoe1976

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 3:29 pm

So is Rush backing Trump. That is surprising because Trump is an outsider to most GOP politicos and donors. I thought that Rush was backing Rand Paul. He must have switched to Trump because Randy is not doing too good in the polls.

ppauper

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 7:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976So is Rush backing Trump. That is surprising because Trump is an outsider to most GOP politicos and donors. I thought that Rush was backing Rand Paul. He must have switched to Trump because Randy is not doing too good in the polls.he's not supporting trump, he's just reporting what he sees happeningThe GOP establishment want another RINO, like Jeb, another McCain or DoleQuoteThat's why they think I'm supporting Trump because I'm not denouncing him. If I'm not denouncing Trump, I'm supporting him, and it's not at all what I've said or done.

daveangel

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 8:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteThat's why they think I'm supporting Trump because I'm not denouncing him. If I'm not denouncing Trump, I'm supporting him, and it's not at all what I've said or done. that's a confused statement.

ppauper

The Donald Trump

August 8th, 2015, 8:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteThat's why they think I'm supporting Trump because I'm not denouncing him. If I'm not denouncing Trump, I'm supporting him, and it's not at all what I've said or done. that's a confused statement.NoRush is saying "they" think Rush is supporting Trump because Rush is not not denouncing Trump, and in "their" minds, if Rush is not denouncing Trump then Rush is supporting Trump