SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

daveangel

The Donald Trump

July 5th, 2016, 8:16 am

knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

ppauper

The Donald Trump

July 5th, 2016, 9:03 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperTrump spends weekend meeting with possible VPsI'm still hoping he chooses Governor PalinI hope so tooThis would be perfect.Then we're agreedTrump-Palin from two terms and then Palin and an as yet to be announced VP for a subequent two termsIt will be a wonderful new era. Not one loose cannon, but two.drumpf-palin for two terms, then palin-drumpf for another two. bit like Putin.it's not clear whether Trump would be eligible to be VP (constitutional scholars disagree about the confluence of the 22nd and 12th amendments)the 12th amendment provides>> no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United Statesbut does that mean ineligible to be elected or ineligible to take over as the president?time to get the constitutional experts on the case...I've got a feeling that it wouldn't be an issue, the courts would just decline to hear it as they did with Obama's birth in KenyaTrump is 70, he would be 78 at the end of his 2 terms and 86 at the end of Governor Palin's tenure.I've always felt that part of the role of the vice president is president-in-training, and it would be better for Governor Palin to pick a worthy successor as her VP.I do recall that towards the end of the Reagan era, some suggested that Bush pick Reagan as his VP and then resign once sworn in, so that we could have a 3rd Reagan termBush I probably wasn't too keen on that idea.Two terms is enough

daveangel

The Donald Trump

July 5th, 2016, 9:07 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperTrump spends weekend meeting with possible VPsI'm still hoping he chooses Governor PalinI hope so tooThis would be perfect.Then we're agreedTrump-Palin from two terms and then Palin and an as yet to be announced VP for a subequent two termsIt will be a wonderful new era. Not one loose cannon, but two.drumpf-palin for two terms, then palin-drumpf for another two. bit like Putin.it's not clear whether Trump would be eligible to be VP (constitutional scholars disagree about the confluence of the 22nd and 12th amendments)the 12th amendment provides>> no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United Statesbut does that mean ineligible to be elected or ineligible to take over as the president?time to get the constitutional experts on the case...I've got a feeling that it wouldn't be an issue, the courts would just decline to hear it as they did with Obama's birth in KenyaTrump is 70, he would be 78 at the end of his 2 terms and 86 at the end of Governor Palin's tenure.I've always felt that part of the role of the vice president is president-in-training, and it would be better for Governor Palin to pick a worthy successor as her VP.I do recall that towards the end of the Reagan era, some suggested that Bush pick Reagan as his VP and then resign once sworn in, so that we could have a 3rd Reagan termBush I probably wasn't too keen on that idea.Two terms is enoughyou can't get too much of the drumpf

ppauper

The Donald Trump

July 5th, 2016, 10:02 am

the kennedy clan had their annual 4th of July bash at the Hyannisport compoundtrump pinata

Cuchulainn

The Donald Trump

July 5th, 2016, 10:16 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperthe kennedy clan had their annual 4th of July bash at the Hyannisport compoundtrump pinataI take it you weren't invited.

ppauper

The Donald Trump

July 5th, 2016, 10:24 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperthe kennedy clan had their annual 4th of July bash at the Hyannisport compoundtrump pinataI take it you weren't invited.my invite must have gotten lost in the mailI've driven past that compound, but never been inside

daveangel

The Donald Trump

July 5th, 2016, 10:28 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperthe kennedy clan had their annual 4th of July bash at the Hyannisport compoundtrump pinataI take it you weren't invited.my invite must have gotten lost in the mailI've driven past that compound, but never been insideviolating your restraining order ?

daveangel

The Donald Trump

July 7th, 2016, 9:20 am

the drumpf says his own campaign should not have deleted the image circulated by white supremacists Hang on - it's his campaign yet he is referring to it as if it's someone else's ? Quote"They shouldn't have taken it down. You know, they took the star down," Trump said to a crowd of several thousand at a rally on Wednesday night. "They should have left it up. I would have rather defended it -- just leave it up. I'd say: No, that's not a Star of David. That's just a star."Why doesn't he tell them to just put it back up ?
Last edited by daveangel on July 6th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

The Donald Trump

July 7th, 2016, 9:23 am

I thought we'd agreed that the image was created by a self-described comedianand I think with a twitter stream, it's linear in time so once something is deleted, it can't be put back in the same place

daveangel

The Donald Trump

July 7th, 2016, 9:26 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperI thought we'd agreed that the image was created by a self-described comedianand I think with a twitter stream, it's linear in time so once something is deleted, it can't be put back in the same placejust tweet it again... it doesn't have to be the in "same place". did they not consult him on "deleting" it ?

daveangel

The Donald Trump

July 7th, 2016, 4:00 pm

nobody wants to be the drumpf's VP pick

ppauper

The Donald Trump

July 7th, 2016, 4:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelnobody wants to be the drumpf's VP pickyour link doesn't workTrump reportedly has 10 people left on his VP list, and the sense I'm getting is that Senators Ernst (who is good) and Corker (who is not) met with Trump and it was decided, maybe mutually or maybe by Trump alone, that neither would be the VP, so to avoid loss of they're saying they're taking themselves out of the race

daveangel

The Donald Trump

July 8th, 2016, 5:00 am

drumpf adviser chides US for "hypocritical focus on democratization"

tw

The Donald Trump

July 8th, 2016, 7:06 pm

bearish

The Donald Trump

July 8th, 2016, 7:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: twActually, that is only 2/3 true. Marla Maples, the woman with whom he had a lengthy affair while he was married to Ivana and a child (Tiffany) before they got married, was born in Georgia (the state, not the country).
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On