SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Traden4Alpha

Re: The Donald Trump

August 5th, 2016, 4:16 pm

"Creator" singular, "their Creator," not "their Creators."
"Their" is the possessive.  If one says "their god" or "their dog" it does not imply there is only one god or dog in existence.
if two men are walking the same dog, then "the men were walking their dog"
if two men were each walking their own dog, then "the men were walking their dogs"
In this instance, we have "all men .... are endowed by their Creator," Creator singular, so "all men" share the same Creator, the God of the Israelites
Hmmm... The Israelites can keep their god. He/she seems to have cursed them and their region with blood, death, and woe.

ppauper

August 5th, 2016, 6:31 pm

bearish

August 6th, 2016, 1:29 am

In the spirit of linking to less than serious web sites, I think this story is pretty much on point: http://qz.com/751320/donald-trump-and-h ... -he-loses/

ppauper

August 6th, 2016, 6:24 am

Trump has once again extended an olive branch to what I'll charitably call Rockefeller Republicans

Trump formally endorsed Obama's brother-from-another-mother, House Speaker Ryan,
"I support and endorse our Speaker of the House Paul Ryan," adding that while they "may disagree on a couple of things," they agree on a lot as well.
Trump also threw his support behind Arizona Sen. John McCain and New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte
"We have to unite."
He says that, as president, he will need a Republican Senate and House to accomplish all of the changes he wants to make.
He adds that, "This campaign is not about me or any one candidate," and says: "We will have disagreements. But we will disagree as friends and never stop working together toward victory."

Traden4Alpha

August 6th, 2016, 11:59 am

Trump has once again extended an olive branch to what I'll charitably call Rockefeller Republicans

Trump formally endorsed Obama's brother-from-another-mother, House Speaker Ryan,
"I support and endorse our Speaker of the House Paul Ryan," adding that while they "may disagree on a couple of things," they agree on a lot as well.
Trump also threw his support behind Arizona Sen. John McCain and New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte
"We have to unite."
He says that, as president, he will need a Republican Senate and House to accomplish all of the changes he wants to make.
He adds that, "This campaign is not about me or any one candidate," and says: "We will have disagreements. But we will disagree as friends and never stop working together toward victory."
But will they get a Trump Bump or a Trump Dump?

Cuchulainn

August 6th, 2016, 12:04 pm

"We have to unite."
But will they get a Trump Bump or a Trump Dump?
or. Pump and Dump Sump, what?
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

ppauper

August 6th, 2016, 2:14 pm

In the spirit of linking to less than serious web sites, I think this story is pretty much on point: http://qz.com/751320/donald-trump-and-h ... -he-loses/
I must have misread your post. I thought for a moment that you were mocking khizr kahn's belief that allah was causing Trump to make mistakes

ppauper

August 6th, 2016, 9:10 pm

globalists for ryan
he was described as being in the fight of his life against a conservative primary challenger
Ryan waited until Trump was the nominee to endorse Trump, so Trump would have every right to wait until after Ryan's primary to endorse the GOP candidate in that district

My guess is that some sort of deal has been done

ppauper

August 7th, 2016, 2:20 pm

trump may have endorsed ryan, but ann coulter is still stumping for ryan's opponent

bearish

August 10th, 2016, 8:25 am

Just when you think he can't say anything more provocative, outlandish and just plain stupid than he already has served up, he does it again!

ppauper

August 10th, 2016, 8:33 am

Just when you think he can't say anything more provocative, outlandish and just plain stupid than he already has served up, he does it again!
evidently, bearish is not a fan of the Second Amendment and the gun lobby
"Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment," Trump said to the crowd of supporters gathered in the Trask Coliseum at North Carolina University in Wilmington. "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks.
"Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don't know."
Despite bearish's misgivings, I hope that Trump is correct and the gun rights lobby will be able to derail the senate confirmation of any anti-Second Amendment justices named by Hillary. Maybe a filibuster if they can get 40 senators to go along

ppauper

August 10th, 2016, 9:42 am

EBal

August 10th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Expect even crazier things as his polls continue to slip.

Alan

August 10th, 2016, 7:17 pm

"Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment," Trump said to the crowd of supporters gathered in the Trask Coliseum at North Carolina University in Wilmington. "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks.
Despite bearish's misgivings, I hope that Trump is correct and the gun rights lobby will be able to derail the senate confirmation of any anti-Second Amendment justices named by Hillary. Maybe a filibuster if they can get 40 senators to go along
Nice try.

He's going to quit before the election.

Traden4Alpha

August 10th, 2016, 7:30 pm

Nice try.

He's going to quit before the election.
That seems highly unlikely. Trump does not seem like the kind of person who ever backs down or admits a mistake -- and his shrinking base of followers love him all the more for it. The Republican party might cut it's losses and dump Trump (that seems to be starting now) but Trump will not go quietly.

Even if Clinton wins by a spectacular landslide, Trump will claim the election was rigged, sleazy journalists published lies about him, and he'll hint obliquely about "doing something about it".
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On