SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Monsanto weed killer can 'probably' cause cancer: World Health Organization

March 25th, 2016, 6:42 pm

banned in Europe?

tagoma

March 25th, 2016, 6:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperbanned in Europe?let's see what the MON stock does next week.

tagoma

April 13th, 2016, 4:29 pm

Global GM crop area dips in 2015 in first-ever declineInteresting development.

katastrofa

Re: Monsanto weed killer can 'probably' cause cancer: World Health Organization

September 24th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Researchers see popular herbicide affecting health across generations

"Observations indicate that although atrazine does not promote disease in the directly exposed F1 [first] generation, it does have the capacity to promote the epigenetic transgenerational inheritance of disease in subsequent generations,"

tagoma

September 24th, 2017, 9:37 pm

"Observations indicate that although atrazine does not promote disease in the directly exposed F1 [first] generation, it does have the capacity to promote the epigenetic transgenerational inheritance of disease in subsequent generations,"
"In C++, inheritance is OOP. With Monsanto, inheritance loses all hopes" -- Paul Verlaine (please double-check)

tagoma

September 25th, 2017, 6:36 pm

Productores de Chaco denuncian casos de malformación en animales por una fumigación de 2016
You'll come across such news regularly if you follow ags, to be honest. And It is no good.

Collector
Topic Author

March 10th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Traden4Alpha

March 10th, 2018, 8:51 pm

Indeed!

Seems like typical junk enviroterrorist science that says more about the advancement of detection technology than it does about the degradation of the environment.

(P.S. if a chemical is in the urine, it might be a very good thing in that it means the body is excreting it rather than metabolizing it into who knows what.)

Paul

May 5th, 2018, 10:48 am

One of my gardeners told me that in the good old days glyphosate salesmen used to drink a glass to prove it was safe.

tagoma

May 5th, 2018, 10:50 am

One of my gardeners told me that in the good old days glyphosate salesmen used to drink a glass to prove it was safe.
Have you also been provided survival rates?

bearish

May 5th, 2018, 10:10 pm

One notices that little is said of the saleswomen.

Collector
Topic Author

May 6th, 2018, 12:51 pm

One notices that little is said of the saleswomen.
"Four cases of self-poisoning with 'Roundup' herbicide are described, one of them fatal. One of the survivors had a protracted hospital stay and considerable clinical and laboratory detail is presented. Serious self-poisoning is associated with massive gastrointestinal fluid loss and renal failure. The management of such cases and the role of surfactant toxicity are discussed." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1675099

"Ingestion of >85 mL of the concentrated formulation is likely to cause significant toxicity in adults."  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862083

I do not think stylish saleswomen drink it, but possibly spray it on their legs? to prove effective weed-hair removal? 

"We argue that the practice of “ripening” sugar cane with glyphosate may explain the recent surge in kidney failure among agricultural workers in Central America. We conclude with a plea to governments to reconsider policies regarding the safety of glyphosate residues in foods." Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases II: Celiac sprue and gluten intolerance

Collector
Topic Author

June 24th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Monsanto trial over possible Roundup cancer link begins

“[Monsanto] did exactly what the tobacco industry did. They hid reports linking its weed killer to cancer,” she adds."

"“The plaintiff is not only alleging exposure to Roundup caused his cancer, but that Monsanto has long known about the dangers of its product and has suppressed and manipulated the science to hide the dangers from the public,” Gillam says."

"Johnson is the first of a long-list of about 4,000 people looking to sue the weed and seed maker "

Lee Johnson’s doctors didn’t think he’d live long enough to testify in court that exposure to Monsanto Co.’s Roundup weed killer caused his deadly cancer.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On