Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ppauper
Topic Author

Re: should people be allowed to self-identify?

November 20th, 2017, 8:17 am

fulmerspot

November 20th, 2017, 11:31 am

“You stupid child!” was good enough for me...
indeed, but what happens when a pupil identifies as a possum, or a poodle, or an elf? The teacher would get suspended for mis-species-ing (there's probably a term from zoology for that)
I've been masquerading as a poodle for several years now and none of you have had an issue with that.
Herr KartoffelKopf

Cuchulainn

November 20th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Wilmotters is a poodle-friendly forum. In moderation.

Traden4Alpha

November 20th, 2017, 2:46 pm

At least you are not a crustacean!

Cuchulainn

November 20th, 2017, 3:11 pm

At least you are not a crustacean!
Or an alpaca.

Paul

November 20th, 2017, 3:51 pm

“You stupid child!” was good enough for me...
indeed, but what happens when a pupil identifies as a possum, or a poodle, or an elf? The teacher would get suspended for mis-species-ing (there's probably a term from zoology for that)
I've been masquerading as a poodle for several years now and none of you have had an issue with that.
Herr KartoffelKopf
We are far too polite to comment. But now the poodle is out of the bag, so to speak, which one is you? And who is your friend?

fulmerspot

November 20th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Herr KartoffelKopf
We are far too polite to comment. But now the poodle is out of the bag, so to speak, which one is you? And who is your friend?
That would be telling, I cannot reveal my true identity without compromising my crime-fighting sideline.
Herr KartoffelKopf

Cuchulainn

November 20th, 2017, 8:11 pm

Herr KartoffelKopf
That would be telling, I cannot reveal my true identity without compromising my crime-fighting sideline.
Herr KartoffelKopf
More importantly, it must cost you an arm and a leg at the hairdressers. 

katastrofa

November 20th, 2017, 9:04 pm

fulmerspot

November 21st, 2017, 9:38 am

Herr KartoffelKopf
The poodles do not moult so they need clipping every 8 weeks. I drop them off at the local groomers at 9 am and pick them up 5 hours later! They get washed, clipped, their nails trimmed and anything else that may need doing. at 2 pm I turn up and hand over my credit card. It's about £110 for the two together but they reckon they're worth it.
Herr KartoffelKopf

Cuchulainn

November 21st, 2017, 5:50 pm

Herr KartoffelKopf
The poodles do not moult so they need clipping every 8 weeks. I drop them off at the local groomers at 9 am and pick them up 5 hours later! They get washed, clipped, their nails trimmed and anything else that may need doing. at 2 pm I turn up and hand over my credit card. It's about £110 for the two together but they reckon they're worth it.
Herr KartoffelKopf
Do they have discount schemes, like Green Shields Stamps or special shampoos and so on? e.g. every 10th session is free?

Traden4Alpha

November 21st, 2017, 7:29 pm

Herr KartoffelKopf
Do they have discount schemes, like Green Shields Stamps or special shampoos and so on? e.g. every 10th session is free?
"Pay for K-9 and get the K-10th free"?

fulmerspot

November 22nd, 2017, 9:57 am

Herr KartoffelKopf
"Pay for K-9 and get the K-10th free"?
Maybe they do have discount schemes, but standard poodles are supposedly up there with the border collies in canine intelligence. If there is such a scheme mine have agreed to split the discount with the groomers and not tell me.
Herr KartoffelKopf

ppauper
Topic Author

November 24th, 2017, 11:22 am

from the 2017 macy's parade
there's been a suggestion that mrs claus may have been a man this year