SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

tagoma

Re: should people be allowed to self-identify?

February 8th, 2018, 11:15 am

katastrofa wrote:
I think I'm the missing link... Check out the photo in the attachment - I'm the one sitting behind the girl. Compare the skin tone (I haven't been to any sunny place for a year at the time the photo was taken, and I generally avoid sunbathing).
img_o.jpg

The missing link to the online beauty contest?

katastrofa

February 8th, 2018, 11:18 am

I'm not the red hair in the front row. I'm the one behind, blurred.

ppauper
Topic Author

February 8th, 2018, 11:21 am

katastrofa wrote:
ppauper wrote:
miss virtual qazaqstan
an online beauty contest

Did you have have any problems recognising that the person in the photo was a man?

if you've been following this thread, you know she's not a man but rather a woman with a penis. But yes, you can tell, there's something off about her face

katastrofa

February 8th, 2018, 11:29 am

ppauper wrote:
katastrofa wrote:
ppauper wrote:
miss virtual qazaqstan
an online beauty contest

Did you have have any problems recognising that the person in the photo was a man?

if you've been following this thread, you know she's not a man but rather a woman with a penis. But yes, you can tell, there's something off about her face

Sorry, I didn't really read the article. I thought it was about a man, who used make-up and photoshop to trick people into believing that he was a woman.

ppauper
Topic Author

February 8th, 2018, 11:33 am

katastrofa wrote:
ppauper wrote:
katastrofa wrote:

Sorry, I didn't really read the article. I thought it was about a man, who used make-up and photoshop to trick people into believing that he was a woman.

you're right, and yes, you can tell, there's something off about the face

katastrofa

February 8th, 2018, 5:23 pm

ppauper wrote:
katastrofa wrote:
ppauper wrote:

you're right, and yes, you can tell, there's something off about the face

Brow ridge is more expressed than in females. Also the cheekbones are too flat and the chin is too massive (the nasal bridge is too high and too wide, but women can also have ugly noses). There's generally a solid bone structure underneath - testosterone.

ppauper
Topic Author

March 1st, 2018, 8:32 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

March 1st, 2018, 9:22 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

March 2nd, 2018, 7:21 am

it ain't over until the fat lady sings
cuch explained that phrase to me a while back

ppauper
Topic Author

March 14th, 2018, 6:44 am

Richard Simmons must pay $130K to National Enquirer, Radar Online
It seems that in America, we've reached the point where "alleging someone is transgender is not necessarily defamatory."
The Enquirer and another media outlet ran a story alleging that exercise guru Richard Simmons was transitioning, he sued, lost for reasons stated, and was ordered to pay the other side's legal costs

Richard Simmons was ordered to pay nearly $130,000 to the National Enquirer and Radar Online after the exercise guru sued the two media outlets for running a series of articles alleging he was transitioning to become a woman.
(snip)
However, (Los Angeles Superior Court Judge) Keosian ruled that alleging someone is transgender is not necessarily defamatory. Keosian dismissed Simmons case on Sept. 1, 2017.

ppauper
Topic Author

March 14th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Tinder Sued By Transgender Woman ... You Won't Let Us In!!!
Ariel Hawkins claims in a new lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, a few days ago she edited her profile to disclose that she was a pre-op trans woman. She says Tinder immediately deleted her account.

I'm appalled that people on Tinder would refuse to meet a woman for sex just because she has a penis

Cuchulainn

March 14th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Leo Varadkar will try to raise conversion therapy issue with Mike Pence

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/leo ... 32507.html

Conversion therapy is the pseudoscientific practice of trying to change an individual's sexual orientation using psychological or spiritual interventions. There is virtually no reliable evidence that sexuality can be controlled or changed and medical bodies warn that conversion therapy practices are ineffective and potentially seriously harmful. Nevertheless, advocates and proponents do provide anecdotal reports of so-called "ex-gays" who claim some degree of success in becoming heterosexual

ppauper
Topic Author

March 16th, 2018, 12:03 pm

according to the article, vp pence is opposed to conversion therapy
varadkar might like to talk to hawaii's lt gov doug chin, who is running for congress

Anti-gay bias allegations roil Hawaii US House race

Ing, 29, also criticized Chin's church for hosting what he called a "gay conversion therapy" seminar in 2016. The seminar's speakers were from Strength in Weakness Ministries, whose website says it aims to support gay people as they resist same-sex urges. Ing said Chin "has defended the church's extremism."

Cuchulainn

March 19th, 2018, 9:55 am

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...