SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 5:19 am

People (tend to) eat too much by not keeping tabs on calorie restriction: use Hara hachi bun me Quote eight parts of a full stomach sustain the man; the other two sustain the doctor.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 16th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

ExSan

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 7:30 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: somorQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: somor1. Eat only kosher food certified by Badatz. yeah, sure. What are the advantages? (it is incredibly expensive). Kosher veal ~ normal veal?Mandating vaccinations and butchery procedures (Shechita) is a broad subject. The aim is to prevent any harmful, debilitating and even deadly diseases at the time the veal is vaccinated as well at the time it slaughtered.In general, eating dead animals should probably be avoided. It would solve many problems.Eat only Glatt Kosher Free Range Organic Grass Fed Hormone Free Meats.I wonder, my grandma was 96 when she died, how many kosher fans expect to live that longer?That's easy! Methuselah lived to the grand old age of 969.did Methuselah eat kosher food? that is my point.

Cuchulainn

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 7:32 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: somorQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: somor1. Eat only kosher food certified by Badatz. yeah, sure. What are the advantages? (it is incredibly expensive). Kosher veal ~ normal veal?Mandating vaccinations and butchery procedures (Shechita) is a broad subject. The aim is to prevent any harmful, debilitating and even deadly diseases at the time the veal is vaccinated as well at the time it slaughtered.In general, eating dead animals should probably be avoided. It would solve many problems.Eat only Glatt Kosher Free Range Organic Grass Fed Hormone Free Meats.I wonder, my grandma was 96 when she died, how many kosher fans expect to live that longer?That's easy! Methuselah lived to the grand old age of 969.did Methuselah eat kosher food? that is my point.He smoked 40 Woodbines per day. I went home and listened to Jimmie Rodgers in my lunch-break Bought five Woodbines at the shop on the cornerAnd went straight back to work.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 16th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jean Piaget

ExSan

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 7:44 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: somorQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: somor1. Eat only kosher food certified by Badatz. yeah, sure. What are the advantages? (it is incredibly expensive). Kosher veal ~ normal veal?Mandating vaccinations and butchery procedures (Shechita) is a broad subject. The aim is to prevent any harmful, debilitating and even deadly diseases at the time the veal is vaccinated as well at the time it slaughtered.In general, eating dead animals should probably be avoided. It would solve many problems.Eat only Glatt Kosher Free Range Organic Grass Fed Hormone Free Meats.I wonder, my grandma was 96 when she died, how many kosher fans expect to live that longer?That's easy! Methuselah lived to the grand old age of 969.did Methuselah eat kosher food? that is my point.He smoked 40 Woodbines per day. I went home and listened to Jimmie Rodgers in my lunch-break Bought five Woodbines at the shop on the cornerAnd went straight back to work.next time in Amstardan please invite me to try those spirituals Woodbines ;)

exneratunrisk

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 9:32 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaOrganic Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Lettuce , Green Apples and Garlic in the Blender (I use Blendtec). Eat it 3 times a day. You will feel different in 2 weeks.Is this the diet that makes peaceful, understanding, warm-hearted, not vindictive---members of society? :D

Cuchulainn

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 10:10 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaOrganic Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Lettuce , Green Apples and Garlic in the Blender (I use Blendtec). Eat it 3 times a day. You will feel different in 2 weeks.Is this the diet that makes peaceful, understanding, warm-hearted, not vindictive---members of society? :DA great way to reduce Anxiety .

Jean Piaget

AnalyticalVega

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 1:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaOrganic Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Lettuce , Green Apples and Garlic in the Blender (I use Blendtec). Eat it 3 times a day. You will feel different in 2 weeks.Is this the diet that makes peaceful, understanding, warm-hearted, not vindictive---members of society? :DA great way to reduce Anxiety .I agree 50%, but such a hedonistic lifestyle reminds me of the Jews who worshipped the golden calf, which didn't end well for them. It's important to chill out, but there are limits.

Cuchulainn

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 2:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaOrganic Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Lettuce , Green Apples and Garlic in the Blender (I use Blendtec). Eat it 3 times a day. You will feel different in 2 weeks.Is this the diet that makes peaceful, understanding, warm-hearted, not vindictive---members of society? :DA great way to reduce Anxiety .I agree 50%, but such a hedonistic lifestyle reminds me of the Jews who worshipped the golden calf, which didn't end well for them. It's important to chill out, but there are limits.Which 50%? You aren't one of those agitators, are you?

Jean Piaget

AnalyticalVega

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 3:54 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaOrganic Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Lettuce , Green Apples and Garlic in the Blender (I use Blendtec). Eat it 3 times a day. You will feel different in 2 weeks.Is this the diet that makes peaceful, understanding, warm-hearted, not vindictive---members of society? :DA great way to reduce Anxiety .I agree 50%, but such a hedonistic lifestyle reminds me of the Jews who worshipped the golden calf, which didn't end well for them. It's important to chill out, but there are limits.Which 50%? You aren't one of those agitators, are you?Why don't answer that one Cuch? I know you can :)

AnalyticalVega

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 4:10 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaOrganic Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Lettuce , Green Apples and Garlic in the Blender (I use Blendtec). Eat it 3 times a day. You will feel different in 2 weeks.Is this the diet that makes peaceful, understanding, warm-hearted, not vindictive---members of society? :DA great way to reduce Anxiety .I agree 50%, but such a hedonistic lifestyle reminds me of the Jews who worshipped the golden calf, which didn't end well for them. It's important to chill out, but there are limits.Which 50%? You aren't one of those agitators, are you?Why don't you answer that one Cuch? I know you can :)

Cuchulainn

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 6:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaOrganic Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Lettuce , Green Apples and Garlic in the Blender (I use Blendtec). Eat it 3 times a day. You will feel different in 2 weeks.Is this the diet that makes peaceful, understanding, warm-hearted, not vindictive---members of society? :DA great way to reduce Anxiety .I agree 50%, but such a hedonistic lifestyle reminds me of the Jews who worshipped the golden calf, which didn't end well for them. It's important to chill out, but there are limits.Which 50%? You aren't one of those agitators, are you?Why don't you answer that one Cuch? I know you can :)If you can remember the 60s then you weren't there :D To answer your question, we need to keep an eye on you.

Jean Piaget

somor

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 7:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: somor1. Eat only kosher food certified by Badatz. 2. Want sustained happiness' ? Get religionQuoteA study in the American Journal of Epidemiology by researchers at the London School of Economics and Erasmus University Medical Center in the Netherlands found that the secret to sustained happiness lies in participation in religion....The study analyzed 9,000 Europeans who were older than 50. The report that studied older Europeans also found that joining political or community organizations lost their benefits over time. In fact, the short-term benefits from those social connections often lead to depressive symptoms later on, researchers say.Opium for the masses, as they said.So this beg the question who's the real freak, the frum or the khazar ? I believe the later is.

Anthis

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 9:34 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintHey,i was feeling weirdly tired and unenergetic often lately and i think it was probably connected to me not eating healthy, and not exercising enough. So, since a few weeks I am substituting proper breakfast for fruit, and actual lunch for salad. I feel bad for the breakfast, because it's really the best meal. I feel less bad for the lunch, because my coworkers have this habit of picking terrible spots so it's a relief to not be part of these misadventures anymore. Dinner is a bit of a problem, when we entertain client because for some strange reason it's almost always steak. Or steak with a side of lobster (not the actual Maine kind, but more like a too large shrimp cut in half, which is slightly unnerving because these things are either bizarrely obese scampi or obviously sick lobsters. in any case you wouldn't want to put that in your mouth.). Or steak with another kind of steak, preferably something half-rotten i.e. "aged". Whatever, can't get a salad here. Also, adjacent to steak dinner are drinks, can't say no here either. I mean sure, i could, but would you buy from the guy that ordered a salad with dressing on the side and diet coke? maybe not. In any case the struggle is that if I'm hungry, I get irritated and can't focus on work 100%, which is bad. But since my work involves sitting down and staring at screens for prolonged periods of time and/or eating/drinking with clients it's difficult to keep up a good diet and even though I am still quiet fit, I'm looking at the guys 5 years older than me and they look... not good. In any case I'm wondering what you guys do to eat healthy? CheersAt first have some check up just to ensure nothing pathological is going on.On food. Avoid beef. It has more fat hidden inside fibre than pork. Pork has fat outside so you can easily remove it. Try to eat more fish than meat. Eat pasta from whole grained flour or semolina. Try to consume more barley bread or rusks than the wheat made one and prefer the whole grain bread over the white.Forget french fries, the absorb oil (or should I say lubricant) of doubtful quality just like sponge. Boiled or oven baked potatoes are much better. Remove any kind of cooking fat, butter and veg oil from cooking. They are chemically processed and refined. Only olive oil should be used, extra virgin, cold pressed, mechanically extracted. Consume it raw.Avoid seafood like lobster, shrimps, mussels etc. Apart from being full of cholesterol you can never be sure in what shit waters it has been caught. Humble sardines or cod is much more nutritious.Avoid processed meat like sausages, salami and the like. Prefer wine and whiskey over beer. Prefer meat grilled or ovenbaked than pan cooked. It lets the fat drain away. Dress your grilled meat with some freshly squeesed lemon juice. Helps your system cope with the fat.Have your meat well-done. Rare is for the dogs.Sundry items.Walk more, drive less.Sleep well. Practise polygamy.Dont get married. unless she is mute and orphan.Dont let anyone or anything depress you or stress you.

ExSan

why not not eat shit?

August 17th, 2015, 9:50 pm

Thank you Anthis, my master, my sensei, for sharing your wisdom QuoteOriginally posted by: AnthisAt first have some check up just to ensure nothing pathological is going on.On food. Avoid beef. It has more fat hidden inside fibre than pork. Pork has fat outside so you can easily remove it. Try to eat more fish than meat. Eat pasta from whole grained flour or semolina. Try to consume more barley bread or rusks than the wheat made one and prefer the whole grain bread over the white.Forget french fries, the absorb oil (or should I say lubricant) of doubtful quality just like sponge. Boiled or oven baked potatoes are much better. Remove any kind of cooking fat, butter and veg oil from cooking. They are chemically processed and refined. Only olive oil should be used, extra virgin, cold pressed, mechanically extracted. Consume it raw.Avoid seafood like lobster, shrimps, mussels etc. Apart from being full of cholesterol you can never be sure in what shit waters it has been caught. Humble sardines or cod is much more nutritious.Avoid processed meat like sausages, salami and the like. Prefer wine and whiskey over beer. Prefer meat grilled or ovenbaked than pan cooked. It lets the fat drain away. Dress your grilled meat with some freshly squeesed lemon juice. Helps your system cope with the fat.Have your meat well-done. Rare is for the dogs.Sundry items.Walk more, drive less.Sleep well. Practise polygamy.Dont get married. unless she is mute and orphan.Dont let anyone or anything depress you or stress you.

bearish

why not not eat shit?

August 18th, 2015, 12:55 am

That mostly makes good sense, but I am confused on the points of a) "Practise polygamy" and b) "Dont get married, unless...". To maintain consistency and harmony here, I take it you are advocating an informal kind of polygamy, where no actual marriage is performed? This would have the advantage of not flying in the face of the law, which could easily "depress you or stress you". And I have to object to the well done meat, but these are quibbles, really.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On