SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

samudra
Topic Author

an open letter To Dr Wilmott and fellow Indians in Wilmott

August 29th, 2015, 11:52 am

Dr Wilmott,Greeting from my end. Your books continue to remain thethe best seller in quant finance. Oh boy you must be swimming in money now a days!!Anyway jokes apart your contribution in field of quant finance is extraordinary.I want to discuss a serious issue.In one of my threads "detailed analysis of bull markets" inthe economics forum Dr Cuchulainn has made an extremely vulgar and nasty comment about Indians.According to Dr Cuchulainn for Indians it seems Rape seems to be a national hobby. Now I have a certain sense of tolerance and in forums ranting is ok.But as a Indian (and proud to be an Indian) I found this extremelyinsulting.Dr Cuchulainn is a well respected figure in quant finance and I am shocked a person of his stature can make this kind of comment.I think there are lot of Indians in Wilmott and in quant finance community. I am sure they have made extraordinary contributionsto this field. I think this kind of comment is extremely insulting to any Indian.I will request you to look into this issue.

Cuchulainn

August 29th, 2015, 1:41 pm

This topic discussed in detail on your OT thread "India, a dream come true".. One representative link is New Indian Express Quote"Rape is not about sex, it is a manifestation of the society's urge to dominate a woman who is considered only as an object. What can be more outrageous that rape has now become a pastime, a fun," said Mukherjee, who also found faults with the legal system where a rape survivor has to go through a lot of harassment to get justice.Quote"The biggest concern that the society has now is that rape has become a pastime. Earlier, we used to hardly hear news of a rape, but now it is happening every time, every where. Have we become so depraved as a society," asked Sen. Now you have the context. /end
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 28th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

samudra
Topic Author

August 29th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Modern Europe has given us some of the finest thinkers, scientist, philosophers, economist etc.The civilization has advanced to such an extent thanks to great and legendary Europeans.I was under the impression extreme hatred, xenophobia, bigotry, misanthropy and perversionwere last seen in despicable Nazi era. There are few bad apples in every country but to paint a whole nation as rapists how much hatred need to be there in the heart to make such proposition and more importantlyto defend it ......One of my great friend who was of Dutch origin was a victim of September 11 NYC.I met her mother after the incident.Still this day I can't forget the endless tears falling drop by drop from that saintlylady's face .... My heart still cries for her ..... a mother who lost her only son tothe most despicable act of hatred ...... I wonder when will this volcanic hatred end ?I wonder when will we taste true civilization where all human beings will treat every otherwith respect, dignity and honor ?I wonder when will true education and sense of value wipe out hatred from our heart?
Last edited by samudra on August 28th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

studenttt

August 29th, 2015, 4:13 pm

The comments made by Dr Cuchulainn is absolutely correct. The Indians don't need a toilet because they spend their time on raping and sexually harass even animals.

mutley

August 29th, 2015, 4:17 pm

I am not quite sure of your Nazi era comment, but one thing is for sure, Nazi Germany had neither freedom of speech or freedom of journalism. Both are freedoms shared across most of the World including Europe and India. So when problems in society are observed, they are best discussed, addressed and solved. This includes Cuch's New India Express link and also from today's Telegraph, another concerning story:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ping.htmlI don't think highlighting a very horrendous problem in society is a necessarily evil act, do you? To ignore the problem might even be a worse choice of action.

ppauper

August 29th, 2015, 4:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: samudraI was under the impression extreme hatred, xenophobia, bigotry, misanthropy and perversionwere last seen in despicable Nazi era. as a side note, elsewhere in these forums, Dr Cuchulainn has described the Holocaust as a "fairy tale".

Cuchulainn

August 29th, 2015, 5:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: samudraI was under the impression extreme hatred, xenophobia, bigotry, misanthropy and perversionwere last seen in despicable Nazi era. as a side note, elsewhere in these forums, Dr Cuchulainn has described the Holocaust as a "fairy tale".There you go again. When someone does not agree with your pressure group, you invoke Godwin's Law. Your logic is as bankrupt as that of samudra.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 28th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jean Piaget

somor

August 29th, 2015, 5:19 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by somor on August 28th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

August 29th, 2015, 5:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: somor[deleted]OK, you can accuse me of many things but not being influenced by the mass media. LOL.

Jean Piaget

mutley

August 29th, 2015, 5:51 pm

The Wilmott forums really have no use for trolls like you. The only victims here are the mothers, daughters, sisters and grandmothers that have been raped. If you love your country you should welcome debate on aspects it needs to improve.

daveangel

August 29th, 2015, 6:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: mutleyThe Wilmott forums really have no use for trolls like you. The only victims here are the mothers, daughters, sisters and grandmothers that have been raped. If you love your country you should welcome debate on aspects it needs to improve.+1 ... absolutely spot on. As to the idea that rape seems to be a national hobby in India, I have made similar remarks in the past in connection with well publicised cases of women being raped when they are defecating...
Last edited by daveangel on August 28th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

ppauper

August 29th, 2015, 6:19 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: samudraI was under the impression extreme hatred, xenophobia, bigotry, misanthropy and perversionwere last seen in despicable Nazi era. as a side note, elsewhere in these forums, Dr Cuchulainn has described the Holocaust as a "fairy tale".There you go again. When someone does not agree with your pressure group, you invoke Godwin's Law. Your logic is as bankrupt as that of samudra.you got me, cuch, guilty as charged. I committed a logical fallacy and assumed that the Holocaust must be bad because Hitler liked it.To be fair to cuch, I don't recall him having said that he liked the Holocaust, only that it was a "fairy tale"samudra is of course correct, in that Cuch exhibits extreme hatred, xenophobia, bigotry, misanthropy and perversion in his posts

ExSan

August 29th, 2015, 6:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: mutleyThe Wilmott forums really have no use for trolls like you. The only victims here are the mothers, daughters, sisters and grandmothers that have been raped. If you love your country you should welcome debate on aspects it needs to improve.+1 ... absolutely spot on. As to the idea that rape seems to be a national hobby in India, I have made similar remarks in the past in connection with well publicised cases of women being raped when they are defecating...when or during ?

bearish

August 29th, 2015, 6:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: mutleyThe Wilmott forums really have no use for trolls like you. The only victims here are the mothers, daughters, sisters and grandmothers that have been raped. If you love your country you should welcome debate on aspects it needs to improve.+1 ... absolutely spot on. As to the idea that rape seems to be a national hobby in India, I have made similar remarks in the past in connection with well publicised cases of women being raped when they are defecating...The "luckiest country in the world" does seem to suffer from an acute and bizarre (from the point of view of priorities) shortage of bathrooms. This has probably been posted before, but it seems worth bringing back up in the current context, which is the treatment of women in India Bathrooms - or the lack thereof.

tagoma

August 29th, 2015, 6:43 pm

India Times (2011)QuoteIndians (...) were ranked last on the 'gender equitable men' scale. (...) , with 38% men admitting they had physically abused their partners. Worse, more than 65% Indian men also believed that women should tolerate violence to keep the family together and that women sometimes deserved to be beaten. (...) And (...) Indian men were the most sexually and physically violent at home (...)
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On