Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

exneratunrisk

an open letter To Dr Wilmott and fellow Indians in Wilmott

August 30th, 2015, 10:23 am

samudra, hi,I'm over 70, I'm Austrian. I like Austria, but to my horror 10+% of our citizens still pretend: Austrians were victims of the Nazi regime, not culprits. I really disdain them. I try to pull their infamy to light---Reading your letter, I asked myself: what's wrong with India (and you?) to be defended that way? It's not the storytellers that damage the image of a community, its the storydoers (the rapists)?If you really like India, engage to make it even better. p.s. to avoid any misunderstanding: no, I do not bring India into any relation with the terrible Nazi regime and no, I do not say 10% male Indians are rapists---it's just a metaphor.
Last edited by exneratunrisk on August 29th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zerdna

August 30th, 2015, 2:19 pm

I rarely read stuff here and speak even more rarely. Just saw my old friend samudra and thought it would be fun. But i got to say i am offended today. I am not so much offended by this story of Indians who are allegedly raping ladies in the process of defecation, although this sounds kind of offending, and not just the defecating part. I am not even offended by evil Dr.Cuch, famous Indian basher and Holocaust denier :). I am offended by the offended. I am sick and tired of people claiming they are offended by the disrespect to their important race, faith or some other group identity and expecting some sort of brownie points for that. Usually in the form of immediate punishment of whoever had made known his unorthodox opinion of whomever --- Indians, Jews, Palestinians, Russians, Muslims, women, gays, blacks, Hispanics, transgenders or some other group that seeks protection from authorities. You are offended? I don't give a flying fuck. Go and voice your opinion opposing offender in words like an equal human, and not some creepy rat begging daddy to punish a big bad 'offender'. If you have no words, then grow some balls -- go do some pull-ups and handstand push-ups. These cure my state of being offended. There are too many great people whose lives were ruined forever over some misunderstood remarks taken out of context -- William Schockley, James Watson, Tim Hunt. You are a good guy, samudra. Wake up, please. Indians are going to be the largest nation in the world in a few years -- I much sooner believe they need to be protected from themselves than from old Cuch.
Last edited by zerdna on August 29th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

August 30th, 2015, 2:35 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: samudraI was under the impression extreme hatred, xenophobia, bigotry, misanthropy and perversionwere last seen in despicable Nazi era. as a side note, elsewhere in these forums, Dr Cuchulainn has described the Holocaust as a "fairy tale".There you go again. When someone does not agree with your pressure group, you invoke Godwin's Law. Your logic is as bankrupt as that of samudra.you got me, cuch, guilty as charged. I committed a logical fallacy and assumed that the Holocaust must be bad because Hitler liked it.To be fair to cuch, I don't recall him having said that he liked the Holocaust, only that it was a "fairy tale"samudra is of course correct, in that Cuch exhibits extreme hatred, xenophobia, bigotry, misanthropy and perversion in his posts"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?Matthew 7:3hth

Cuchulainn

August 31st, 2015, 4:17 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: mutleyThe Wilmott forums really have no use for trolls like you. The only victims here are the mothers, daughters, sisters and grandmothers that have been raped. If you love your country you should welcome debate on aspects it needs to improve.+1 ... absolutely spot on. As to the idea that rape seems to be a national hobby in India, I have made similar remarks in the past in connection with well publicised cases of women being raped when they are defecating...Indeed. This is where I had found the reference linked by DA.

ThinkDifferent

August 31st, 2015, 4:30 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaI rarely read stuff here and speak even more rarely. Just saw my old friend samudra and thought it would be fun. But i got to say i am offended today. I am not so much offended by this story of Indians who are allegedly raping ladies in the process of defecation, although this sounds kind of offending, and not just the defecating part. I am not even offended by evil Dr.Cuch, famous Indian basher and Holocaust denier :)..oh yes, you are offended. this thread is not even about the Holocaust or jews or Israel, yet the likes of ppauper, AV, and yourself use every remote excuse to bring up this topic.

Cuchulainn

August 31st, 2015, 6:31 am

Quote[...]the likes of ppauper, AV, [..] use every remote excuse to bring up this topic.One-trick ponies :D
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 30th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul

August 31st, 2015, 7:01 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrun I think we're all idiots trying to bash eachother in this virtual get-together. Endless loops. What's the point, what do you think to accomplish?Some spend tons of times here (me, Ppauper even more) ... All that time is lost, this is your only life, make sure you won't have regrets how you've spend your time at the end of it!It's a primitive hormonal thing. But keeps people off the streets. Not necessarily bad, but at least you ought to know why you are doing it.P

ExSan

August 31st, 2015, 8:35 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: PaulQuoteOriginally posted by: outrun I think we're all idiots trying to bash eachother in this virtual get-together. Endless loops. What's the point, what do you think to accomplish?Some spend tons of times here (me, Ppauper even more) ... All that time is lost, this is your only life, make sure you won't have regrets how you've spend your time at the end of it!It's a primitive hormonal thing. But keeps people off the streets. Not necessarily bad, but at least you ought to know why you are doing it.Pit saves gas avoiding unnecessary trips and gathering ... and disappointments, too, once in a while some one shares interesting links/comments like the stupid question of the day, who is who, my research is the best, place the trash in the can, things that help to grow up
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

ExSan

August 31st, 2015, 8:51 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunIt shows that "value" is subjective and that people make trade offs. I apparently value the fun and informative conversations more than the other 90% trolling about religion and politics.everything is "subjective". isn't it?
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

zerdna

August 31st, 2015, 10:16 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaI rarely read stuff here and speak even more rarely. Just saw my old friend samudra and thought it would be fun. But i got to say i am offended today. I am not so much offended by this story of Indians who are allegedly raping ladies in the process of defecation, although this sounds kind of offending, and not just the defecating part. I am not even offended by evil Dr.Cuch, famous Indian basher and Holocaust denier :)..oh yes, you are offended. this thread is not even about the Holocaust or jews or Israel, yet the likes of ppauper, AV, and yourself use every remote excuse to bring up this topic.Excellent observation.Yeap, excellent indeed. I am not sure if you guys are really that dumb or simply cannot read English and understand sarcasm -- i suppose it's a bit of both. For really dumb and not English speakers, it was my point in the original post that this thread is not about Holocaust, and not about Cuch, it is about freedom of speech. It was also a side point of my sarcasm that i think it's ridiculous to call Cuch either Indian basher or a Holocaust denier. The big point that i tried unsuccessfully convey was that if Cuch or whoever were indeed a Holocaust denier or Indian basher, he would still deserve an equal right to free speech. In my view. I'll try no to post here anymore, i haven't in a while and i kind of mis gauge the depth of stupidity here.
Last edited by zerdna on August 30th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.