October 1st, 2022, 12:57 pm

Go west, indeed; all the draft dodgers?
вот мой дорогой двоюродный брат

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Re: Russia земля борца самбо

October 2nd, 2022, 7:28 am

This was a side-show, an after-ski event if you like,

But what is your opjnion (if any) of the main event ... geehadist rant against your pet topic (it seems to me) ... the "West".
Correct me if I am wrong.

Gamal

October 2nd, 2022, 8:38 am

Sure, the West is the enemy. Did anyone ask the fundamental question - why did Putin asault Ukraine, what did he search there? Russia is big enough and Ukraine is rather poor, so it was neither land nor loots. All Putin wanted from Ukraine was the cannon fodder to proceed further with his war against the West. Remember that Russia won WWII with Ukrainian soldiers. Even now they sent their ethnic minorities rather than Russians.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 2nd, 2022, 3:04 pm

Sure, the West is the enemy. Did anyone ask the fundamental question - why did Putin asault Ukraine, what did he search there? Russia is big enough and Ukraine is rather poor, so it was neither land nor loots. All Putin wanted from Ukraine was the cannon fodder to proceed further with his war against the West. Remember that Russia won WWII with Ukrainian soldiers. Even now they sent their ethnic minorities rather than Russians.
Why? he wants an 18th century imperialist, stone-age, Orthodox empire of serfs and slaves (if we take history as a precedent).
And in judo (again), anecdotally, Ukranian judokas are twice as strong as all others.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 2nd, 2022, 3:05 pm

How the ‘man in black’ was exposed by the Russian women he terrorised

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62799246

Ivan Ryabov

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 2nd, 2022, 3:09 pm

Russia is big enough and Ukraine is rather poor, so it was neither land nor loots.

eh? I don't  believe you 
Ukraine is the bread/commodity basket of the world, and AFAIR Donetsk is an industrial heartland.
Correct me if  I am wrong.

Funny: I wrote the above text _before_ I found the link below.

https://www.russiamatters.org/blog/donb ... et-or-both

Gamal: surprised you don't/won't  know this.

In 2013 the Donetsk and Luhansk regions ranked No. 1 and 5, respectively, among Ukrainian constituent territories in terms of the value of their industrial production, jointly accounting for 25% of Ukraine’s total.

Gamal

October 2nd, 2022, 4:49 pm

Ukraine is the bread/commodity basket of the world, and AFAIR Donetsk is an industrial heartland.
Was, Cuch, was. Now it's strongly reduced. I'm not saying Ukraine is/was a desert, they produce something but their economic strenght is less than Algeria, Bangladesh, Chile, Greece, Hungary, Iraq or even Kazakhstan. Why Russia didn't loot Kazakhstan? Because Ukraine has got more cannon fodder. You are Russians' target, not Ukraine, Ukraine is only a mean.

Alan

October 3rd, 2022, 5:54 pm

Ukraine has a century-long history of oil and gas production and possesses substantial conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon reserves, estimated at 9 billion tonnes of oil equivalent (Btoe). Natural gas reserves are estimated at 5.4 trillion cubic metres (tcm), with proven reserves of 1.1 tcm of natural gas, more than 400 million tonnes (Mt) of gas condensate and 850 Mt of oil reserves. The loss of jurisdiction over Crimea, whose significant offshore gas resources are no longer accessible to Ukraine, means natural gas reserve estimates must be revised downwards.

Hydrocarbon resources in Ukraine are concentrated in three regions: the Carpathian region in the west; the Dnieper-Donetsk region in the east; and the Black Sea-Sea of Azov region in the south. The Dnieper-Donetsk region accounts for 80% of proven reserves and approximately 90% of gas production, and the Carpathian region has 13% of proven reserves and 6% of production. The remaining 6% of proven reserves are in the southern region, where production is conducted both onshore and offshore on the shallow shelves of the Black and Azov seas. The aggregate production in this region is 5% of Ukraine’s total oil and gas production.
more...
I say again:  Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country -- John McCain

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2022, 8:50 pm

Was, Cuch, was. Now it's strongly reduced. I'm not saying Ukraine is/was a desert, they produce something but their economic strenght is less than Algeria, Bangladesh, Chile, Greece, Hungary, Iraq or even Kazakhstan. Why Russia didn't loot Kazakhstan? Because Ukraine has got more cannon fodder. You are Russians' target, not Ukraine, Ukraine is only a mean.
Not afraid.
And Russian economy == Benelux economy.
And Russian army??
ugh

Failed land grab.

katastrofa

October 3rd, 2022, 9:07 pm

Was. But it's still a problem to russia. As Ukraine was the functional part of the Soviet Union, after the dissolution they lost access to a big part of industry and technology. Allegedly they can't fix their Soviet-era weaponry now.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2022, 9:19 pm

Was. But it's still a problem to russia. As Ukraine was the functional part of the Soviet Union, after the dissolution they lost access to a big part of industry and technology. Allegedly they can't fix their Soviet-era weaponry now.
 I think Gamal is getting the run of him/her self.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2022, 10:57 pm

Gamal, name 3 known Russian  companies (no Gazproms and the like).

Gamal

October 4th, 2022, 7:22 am

Do you really believe in the economic power of razed to the ground Donbas? Eastern Ukraine after the war (irrelevent Russian or Ukrainian) will be rebuilt from scratch. 

Cannon fodder is all what Russians want from Ukraine. And how to convince Ukrainians to fight for Russia? No problem with that, Chechens were easily convinced. It is called anti-retreat forces https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrier_troops

Paul

October 4th, 2022, 7:38 am

Gamal, name 3 known Russian  companies (no Gazproms and the like).
Wait until you can name a dozen Russian or Chinese brands...that will be a whole new world.