Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Collector
Topic Author

Re: Lazarus probabilities are buried alive!

May 26th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Man Declared Dead by 3 Doctors Wakes Up in Morgue Just Hours Before Autopsy

"iménez had already spent time in a cold storage room to help preserve his body, and his skin had been marked with scalpel guidelines in preparation for his imminent autopsy – at which point the mistaken corpse suddenly stirred."

had autopsy markings on him, ready to be opened up Criminals!

Think how many that have been buried alive! Did someone whisper survival ship bias!

"Reopens dead girl’s coffin after hearing screams inside her tomb". but a tad too late? " they could not explain why the girl's knuckles were scratched and a glass panel at the top of the coffin was broken when it was pulled out of the tomb, leading mourners to believe Neysi had attempted to break through it." "The doctors also suggested the noises may have been a figment of the grieving boyfriend’s imagination."  never trust Gaussian doctors!

The parents were reportedly on the way to the crematorium when they noticed “some movement” inside one of the bags the hospital had placed their babies’ bodies in.

what did they expect? medicine is not exactly science! Medical doctor's dont even know if a person is dead or alive, and they are supposed to understand health and the human body!! This is what happen when they not have studied Bardo Thodol!

As someone here once said "Doctors are strangely stupid."
Last edited by Collector on May 26th, 2018, 4:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Collector
Topic Author

May 26th, 2018, 3:11 pm

and have you ever wondered why they strap the body bags down with kind of car seat belts? see picture in post above!  supposedly because some body bags tend to move a lot, it is almost like some of them are alive! 

rumors that the new vacuum packed body bags dont need seat belts! No ones know why! vacuum permeability?

Collector
Topic Author

May 26th, 2018, 5:05 pm

do one feel pain when in such state? I assume the doctors dont give pain killers to live people declared dead under organ donation procedure ?

A man whose heart had stopped beating woke up just as surgeons were about to remove his organs for donation, it was disclosed yesterday

"When the surgeons began operating on the man to remove his organs, he began to breathe, his pupils became responsive and he reacted to a pain test."

Guess what the pain test was? 

And what happened with people that waked up just after their organ was removed?   Well fresher they are, the better!

" retrieving organs when the heart stops, which has only been legal in France since last year. " 
Last edited by Collector on May 26th, 2018, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector
Topic Author

May 26th, 2018, 5:20 pm

"the patient was thought to be brain dead and organ procurement was arranged. ... but the patient began to awake on hospital day 7."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22292975

if one desperately wants to donate organs, dead or alive, then take Baclofen! 

Cuchulainn

May 29th, 2018, 10:27 am

"the patient was thought to be brain dead and organ procurement was arranged. ... but the patient began to awake on hospital day 7."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22292975

if one desperately wants to donate organs, dead or alive, then take Baclofen! 
Well his friends assembled at the wake
And Mrs Finnegan called for lunch
Well first they brought in tay and cake
Then pipes, tobacco and brandy punch
Then the widow Malone began to cry
"Such a lovely corpse, did you ever see,
Arrah, Tim avourneen, why did you die?"
"Will ye hould your gob?" said Molly McGee

Collector
Topic Author

June 10th, 2018, 5:16 pm

partly related "between 700 and 2,800 people were erroneously declared dead every month since the list’s inception. Over the file’s 35-year history, the Inspector General suspects that more than 500,000 Americans have been affected."

About 12,200 People Are Erroneously Declared Dead Every Year by the U.S. Government

and we  have naturally people that are dead that are reported alive, one way for tax collectors to tax dead people, so not really always RIP.

"balance of probabilities" wikipedia "The balance of probabilities that make it more likely than not that the individual is dead" 

"Their absence must have been continuous"  continuous time models...no jumps!

Italy: -It takes 20 years  to declare a missing person dead
India: missing for 7 years
UK: after seven years
Russia 5 years
Poland 5 years

Cuchulainn

June 10th, 2018, 6:43 pm

I told my Doctor I broke my leg in 2 places....

Know what he said to me?

Collector
Topic Author

June 10th, 2018, 7:35 pm

I told my Doctor I broke my leg in 2 places....

Know what he said to me?
"balance the probabilities " ? or balance the legs? or did he ask if it was the third leg you broke?

Judo again? did you not learn how to fall?

ppauper

June 10th, 2018, 7:40 pm

don't go to those places

ppauper

July 3rd, 2018, 6:27 am

Collector
Topic Author

July 3rd, 2018, 7:12 am

"Ambulance company Distress Alert said she had shown "no form of life", South Africa's TimesLive website reports."

"no form of life"  is that not what they say about everyone they put in the fridge, could be a massive survival ship bias here, how many died in the fridge never able to tell their story?

Some ancient cultures seems to understand this. Talk nice to and treat the low probability Big impact event nicely (the assumed dead person).  One of my friends ended in a kind of coma some years back. He could hear what everyone talked about around him, but could not say a word or even blink his eye. People talked like he not could hear them, but he could hear every word. Luckily he was breathing all the time and did not end in the fridge.

if in car accident make sure it not happen on Friday, then they will often not check the fridge before Monday, and then you are too cold to breath!

"You never expect to open a fridge and find someone in there alive," the source added. "Can you imagine if we had begun the autopsy and killed her?"

"The diagnosis of death may be extremely difficult,” said Ryan Blumenthal, senior forensic pathologist at the University of Pretoria’s Department of Forensic Medicine. “It can fool you, and it can fool you bad.”"

what kind of probability model do they use to declare people dead?  

Collector
Topic Author

July 5th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Anyone here with Taphophobia

"Before the advent of modern medicine, the fear was not entirely irrational. "

Luckily we now have modern medicine!!

katastrofa

July 5th, 2018, 5:19 pm

With the NHS, the fear is entirely rational.

Collector
Topic Author

July 5th, 2018, 5:40 pm

With the NHS, the fear is entirely rational.
To get rid off your Taphophobia I think NHS recommend speech therapy or was it silent therapy? and in severe cases to always sleep in your coffin. The day you no longer can open the coffin you know you are cured!