Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Marsden

Re: Lazarus probabilities are buried alive!

June 26th, 2022, 9:01 pm

... and if anyone has an inside track on getting ayahuasca, share.

katastrofa

June 26th, 2022, 9:05 pm

They mention datura, a.k.a. devil's trumpet. Funny that angel's trumpet (as they call brugmansia in Canary Islands) also has very strong hallucinogenic effects.

Collector
Topic Author

June 26th, 2022, 9:07 pm

... and if anyone has an inside track on getting ayahuasca, share.
so you want the Plant that tells the secrets of plants, hemm...first u must pass a test..

Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge

I walked into Graham Hancock once in Newport California, he was visiting for a few days (Alan's beach town), he has written considerably about this plant and his mystical experience (he has a quite wild imagination I must say, not sure due to the plant)

Ayahuasca is Amazonian Science w/Graham Hancock

Last edited by Collector on June 26th, 2022, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector
Topic Author

June 26th, 2022, 9:11 pm

They mention datura, a.k.a. devil's trumpet. Funny that angel's trumpet (as they call brugmansia in Canary Islands) also has very strong hallucinogenic effects.
the first turn u into a Zombie when first given that fish ( fugu), the other turn u into an angel (or even a angle) when first given that ###

Marsden

June 26th, 2022, 9:32 pm

so you want the Plant that tells the secrets of plants, hemm...first u must pass a test.
Sounds like there's a geometry piece to it ... it's been awhile, but I think I should be good on that part.

katastrofa

June 26th, 2022, 9:34 pm

Gørr advarsel: https://www.stupidevilbastard.com/2003/ ... nd_tongue/ (true story - went in medical press)

The plant is extremely dangerous.

Collector
Topic Author

June 26th, 2022, 9:51 pm

Gørr advarsel: https://www.stupidevilbastard.com/2003/ ... nd_tongue/ (true story - went in medical press)

The plant is extremely dangerous.
I skip that, even if it is first step towards become an angel. think I stick to maximum sacred beer. ("The ancient beers, created . . . between 10,000 and 30,000 years ago, were quite different from what we know as beer today (should not even be called beer). Many were sacred beers")

Paul

June 27th, 2022, 8:12 am

thanks, that was interesting and scary 
 "A man who had “died” after eating fugu recovered seven days later in the morgue. Several summers ago, another Japanese poisoned by fugu revived after he was nailed into his coffin. “‘Almost all of Narcisse’s symptoms correlated. Even strange things, such as the fact that he said he was conscious and could hear himself pronounced dead. Stuff that I thought had to be magic, that seemed crazy. But, in fact, that is what people who get fugu-fish poisoning experience.” " 

but yes read the whole story.

strange someone told me about this fish earlier today on a sushi restaurant, never heard about it before..glad I went for Norwegian Makrell!
A colleague ordered the restaurant's specialty for me when I last visited South Korea. Afterwards he told me I'd just eaten fugu. I've no idea whether it's true. With some nationalities you just can't tell whether they are joking!

Collector
Topic Author

June 27th, 2022, 10:21 am

thanks, that was interesting and scary 
 "A man who had “died” after eating fugu recovered seven days later in the morgue. Several summers ago, another Japanese poisoned by fugu revived after he was nailed into his coffin. “‘Almost all of Narcisse’s symptoms correlated. Even strange things, such as the fact that he said he was conscious and could hear himself pronounced dead. Stuff that I thought had to be magic, that seemed crazy. But, in fact, that is what people who get fugu-fish poisoning experience.” " 

but yes read the whole story.

strange someone told me about this fish earlier today on a sushi restaurant, never heard about it before..glad I went for Norwegian Makrell!
A colleague ordered the restaurant's specialty for me when I last visited South Korea. Afterwards he told me I'd just eaten fugu. I've no idea whether it's true. With some nationalities you just can't tell whether they are joking!
No problem as long as the slayer of the fugu has at least 2 years training my a master. fugu

Collector
Topic Author

June 27th, 2022, 5:48 pm

fugu produce this poison to paralyse anyone trying to eat it, but one greedy animal found a way to slay it. Series of plants produce Hallucinogens, so when you start to eat them you end up sitting with your chip out of control and perhaps even eating your own body parts instead of more of the plant, or is it more to it?

Collector
Topic Author

June 27th, 2022, 8:24 pm

"But sometimes they wake. If a Japanese man or woman dies of fugu poison, the family waits a few days before burying them, just in case they wake up." 

"Every now and then someone poisoned by fugu is nearly buried alive...describing their own funeral.." 
from A Natural History of the Senses By Diane Ackerman

western tourists do not know this, your family put u straight in the body bag and in the freezer before putting you on a flight home, special built to transport frozen fish (and body bags)

"Fugu kuwanu
hito ni wa iwaji
Jugu no aji" 
(Paul must know, if he got the real thing)

Poem by Zen Master 

Collector
Topic Author

June 27th, 2022, 9:01 pm

Shakespeare (Bacon & Co) : Romeo and Juliet: "Juliet used a drug to fake her own death."  fugu (or more likely a flowery night shade plant)

Laurence gaveJuliet the substance saying:

“And in this borrowed likeness of shrunk death
Thou shalt continue two and forty hours, 
And then awake as from a pleasant sleep.”

Marsden

July 2nd, 2022, 1:42 am

Collector
Topic Author

December 26th, 2022, 1:28 pm

Man left in body bag for 5 hours after medics mistakenly declare him dead

"The pre-mortem man, Jose Ribeiro da Silva, 62, had been declared dead on November 29 with officials listing the official cause as complications from mouth cancer.

The hospital even handed his family a death certificate."

"Little did they know, their beloved relative was still very much alive. 
From there, da Silva spent a grueling five hours in the body bag as he was ferried from the medical facility to a funeral home, which was located over 62 miles away in the municipality of Rialma.

It wasn’t until 1 a.m. the following day that mortuary workers realized there had been a terrible mistake. A flabbergasted employee had opened the bag to see that the victim’s eyes were open and he was still breathing, albeit with some difficulty...”"

many frozen in USA now, could easily get very low pulse and be declared incorrectly dead...

Not everyone get out of the body bag alive

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/us/55-year-old-australian-man-sent-to-morgue-while-he-may-have-been-alive-and-tried-to-get-out-of-body-bag-says-report/articleshow/94728133.cms?from=mdr

"55-year-old Australian man sent to morgue while he may have been alive, and tried to get out of body bag, says report".   

not even allowed to walk with knife anymore, at least one can then cut oneself out of the bag...but that would be too manly...could scare someone on the outside of the bag, their feelings must come first, we can not just have random people coming out of body bags...

Collector
Topic Author

December 26th, 2022, 1:48 pm

can not some medical student do a large empirical study, take picture of how people lay in the body bag at arrival in the basement, and how they lay there some days later? I am quite sure some dark numbers....

May be the Tibetans where not so stupid after all watching the dead for some days?