Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn

Re: Stop the doggists' madness.

August 9th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Don't go around tonight, Well, it's bound to take your life,There's a bathroom on the right

katastrofa

August 9th, 2018, 9:22 pm

At that time they were my friends. The story was the same in most those cases: failure with family, then usually divorce, then failure with business too.
The doggism is too expensive, ruining life.
So you were their friend when they were successful, but when they failed, you turned your back at them and blamed it on their dogs?
Nope. Where did you get this BS? They became arrogant because they were highly successful in business (with my little help), therefore I broke business deals with **some of them**. After that while seeing how they later failed with family/business, now I can explain where this problem started from - from doggism and arrogance. Now I just call to them time to time. We are no longer friends.
In the first post you said that you observed associations between the dog smell, family dissolution and failures in business, in the time order which suggested some causal effects. This implies several possible causal relations:

1 chain: dog smell --> family dissolution --> bankruptcy
(where the dog smell causes the family dissolution and, indirectly, the consequent bankruptcy)

2 fork: bankruptcy <-- dog smell --> family dissolution
(where family dissolution and bankruptcy are two independent effects caused by the dog smell)

Now you introduced arrogance, which can complicate the above diagrams:

* as another cause of of failures (next to the dog smell)
3 chain:
dog smell    arrogance
     `v             v'
family dissolution --> bankruptcy  

4 fork
dog smell   arrogance
     `v             v'
(family dissolution, bankruptcy)
I cannot draw this graph in ASCII properly. Separate arrows go from each supposed cause to each outcome.

* as a mediator of the dog smell:
5 chain: dog smell --> arrogance --> family dissolution --> bankruptcy 
6 fork: dog smell --> arrogance --> family dissolution
                                      `v
                                bankruptcy

Which causal relation are you postulating?

AlexEro
Topic Author

August 9th, 2018, 9:34 pm

So you were their friend when they were successful, but when they failed, you turned your back at them and blamed it on their dogs?
Nope. Where did you get this BS? They became arrogant because they were highly successful in business (with my little help), therefore I broke business deals with **some of them**. After that while seeing how they later failed with family/business, now I can explain where this problem started from - from doggism and arrogance. Now I just call to them time to time. We are no longer friends.
In the first post you said that you observed associations between the dog smell, family dissolution and failures in business, in the time order which suggested some causal effects. This implies several possible causal relations:

1 chain: dog smell --> family dissolution --> bankruptcy
(where the dog smell causes the family dissolution and, indirectly, the consequent bankruptcy)

2 fork: bankruptcy <-- dog smell --> family dissolution
(where family dissolution and bankruptcy are two independent effects caused by the dog smell)

Now you introduced arrogance, which can complicate the above diagrams:

* as another cause of of failures (next to the dog smell)
3 chain:
dog smell    arrogance
     `v             v'
family dissolution --> bankruptcy  

4 fork
dog smell   arrogance
     `v             v'
(family dissolution, bankruptcy)
I cannot draw this graph in ASCII properly. Separate arrows go from each supposed cause to each outcome.

* as a mediator of the dog smell:
5 chain: dog smell --> arrogance --> family dissolution --> bankruptcy 
6 fork: dog smell --> arrogance --> family dissolution
                                      `v
                                bankruptcy

Which causal relation are you postulating?
Sorry, I dont get your katastrofic ukrainian causality logic and have no time to dig into it. Just read the plain text from my messages above.

katastrofa

August 9th, 2018, 9:39 pm

I'd recommend using some logic from time to time. Some people do this instinctively, but I suggested a simple graphical method in your case.

Cuchulainn

August 9th, 2018, 9:42 pm

I'd recommend using some logic from time to time. Some people do this instinctively, but I suggested a simple graphical method in your case.
A UML State machine might be better. Easy to check for cycles and tautologies.

katastrofa

August 10th, 2018, 1:25 am

OK, but I'm against eating dog meat, or any meat for that matter.

ppauper

August 12th, 2018, 6:02 pm

It wasn't the dog's lick that comprised his immune system.
more
Bacteria spread through dog saliva linked to death of Wisconsin woman
People who abuse alcohol, don't have a spleen, have weak immune systems, or have cancer, diabetes or HIV are at more of a risk to be affected by the bacteria, according to the CDC.
Neither Manteufel nor Larson reported any of these risk factors before the infection set in, according to NBC News. Both their illnesses began with flu-like symptoms that grew more serious within days of making contact with a dog.

tags

August 12th, 2018, 7:48 pm

It wasn't the dog's lick that comprised his immune system.
more
Bacteria spread through dog saliva linked to death of Wisconsin woman
People who abuse alcohol, don't have a spleen, have weak immune systems, or have cancer, diabetes or HIV are at more of a risk to be affected by the bacteria, according to the CDC.
Neither Manteufel nor Larson reported any of these risk factors before the infection set in, according to NBC News. Both their illnesses began with flu-like symptoms that grew more serious within days of making contact with a dog.
BTW I've never understand why pet owners (the ones who also claim they are the ones who love animals) are happy when their dog comes and licks their face after they (disambiguation: the pet) ate poo left on the sidewalk by other dogs and sniffed genitals of their congeners. Disgusting!

katastrofa

August 12th, 2018, 8:47 pm

I'm surprised to hear that coming from a French person. Anyway, it's not like you don't have contact with the same germs. They spread through the air, so you have them on you no matter whether you wash your hands in the loo, don't take samples of your cats' poo to watch tiny cat-poo-microbioma under the microscope or don't come within a mile of Gare du Nord. Moreover, the bacteria play an important role in the functioning of your immune system. Take them away, and it will likely freak out one way or the other after some time. They also generally have low virulence (otherwise we would have all been dead before we had evolved into cats, humans and dogs), so a healthy person is protected from them. Individuals who get sepsa from a dog lick are similarly likely to get it from anywhere else - the dog is the least guilty here.

bearish

August 12th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Wait, I somehow had this notion that Tagoma was a Colombian living in Switzerland, but I could easily be wrong on both accounts. 

katastrofa

August 12th, 2018, 9:40 pm

He admitted to not being a Colombian, when I caught him making a mistake in a Spanish verb conjugation. Unfortunately, I cannot check his French. I think he's Asian (e.g. Chinese) leaving somewhere in Europe.

Cuchulainn

August 13th, 2018, 1:44 pm

He admitted to not being a Colombian, when I caught him making a mistake in a Spanish verb conjugation. Unfortunately, I cannot check his French. I think he's Asian (e.g. Chinese) leaving somewhere in Europe.
Make a choice! (LR didn't have a piano when he was a kid, so he used ours)

Cuchulainn

August 13th, 2018, 1:46 pm

LIVING

tags

August 13th, 2018, 1:54 pm

LIVING
"leaving somewhere in Europe" is kinda UK's view of things

katastrofa

August 13th, 2018, 5:02 pm

I'm sorry! I keep mistaking simple homonyms ("I new" instead of "I knew" is my favourite). It's probably related to the way information is stored in the brain: visual, acoustic, elaborative and semantic (homonyms Cher the acoustic channel). BTW, Mandarin speakers probably have it hard.

Tagoma, good one.