Re: Quick help for a future Quant

November 12th, 2017, 4:26 pm

If you want so.
I want not.

Ckrowis
Topic Author

November 13th, 2017, 5:40 pm

No one wants to answer my questionnaire, and I can't look at your resume.
What have I done wrong?
https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/NGR73BZ

Little questionnaire about your job, no sensitive information needed only basic stuff

bearish

November 14th, 2017, 2:46 am

Most of us have our resumes floating about on Linkedin. Just look around for famous quants! Personally, I wouldn't open a random Google docs file, although I might just possibly respond to a Survey Monkey thing. 

ppauper

November 14th, 2017, 8:49 am

how many completed surveys (if any) have you got so far, and how many do you need?
for any sort of scientific survey, you're going to need hundreds or thousands?

Ckrowis
Topic Author

December 4th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Most of us have our resumes floating about on Linkedin. Just look around for famous quants! Personally, I wouldn't open a random Google docs file, although I might just possibly respond to a Survey Monkey thing. 
OK, Google is now gone !
At the beginning I went to Mark Joshi's website, and start reading his articles, then I saw that he was open to questions. However, I didn't have an answer for the reasons you know...
Afterward I thought a forum would have been a good solution too.

Little questionnaire about your job, no sensitive information needed only basic stuff

Ckrowis
Topic Author

December 4th, 2017, 6:04 pm

how many completed surveys (if any) have you got so far, and how many do you need?
I have one completed survey. Like I said, it's for personal "statistics", I'm just looking to know what path you've taken and how you feel about your job. At the time I posted I was looking for about 4 surveys.

ppauper

December 5th, 2017, 9:57 am

I have one completed survey. Like I said, it's for personal "statistics", I'm just looking to know what path you've taken and how you feel about your job. At the time I posted I was looking for about 4 surveys.
I suspect that if you have only 1 completed sample (or even 4) then the  results may not be statistically significant

Ckrowis
Topic Author

December 5th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Of course, the fact that I'm collecting answers from this forum, already filters out the answers, so the statistical study is more like a "home-made" one more than a rigorous one.
Moreover, as a student and novice on this forum, I can't collect hundreds of responses.
The purpose of my questionnaire is to learn more about the work and the community you are. One of them is quite a success ;)

Cuchulainn

December 6th, 2017, 10:50 am

I suspect that if you have only 1 completed sample (or even 4) then the  results may not be statistically significant
To prove your hypothesis you need an infinite  number of samples; to disprove it you need one counterexample.