Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

abhandari
Topic Author

Financial Mathematics courses

September 4th, 2002, 1:32 pm

Hi,I am looking for some courses in Financial mathematics which can give me a certification and also help me organise my knowledge. The problem is that I am not in the US or UK. So I would appreciate if anyone can guide me to distance learning courses. I travel to UK twice a year so I could take my exams then and submit the assignments over the web etc. Most courses that I looked at over the net, were residential or part time and hence required the presence of the student.Can someone guide me in this.Best Regards,

WaaghBakri

September 4th, 2002, 11:45 pm

I think you may have better chances of getting some guidance by posing this question on the Careers Forum? Wish I could be of help, but haven't a clue......

plessas

September 5th, 2002, 1:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: WaaghBakriI think you may have better chances of getting some guidance by posing this question on the Careers Forum? Wish I could be of help, but haven't a clue......I think I need some vacation! Did someone move this thread or was it always on the Careers Forum? rgds,Dimitrios

player

September 6th, 2002, 4:14 pm

tRY bIRKBECK COLLEGEPLAYER

MathFinance

September 8th, 2002, 6:03 am

Columbia University offers on-line courses through the engineering school, and you don't have to visit the campus for tests, etc. Students from all over the world enroll in the courses. They also grant various certificates, and some master's degrees in certain engineering disciplines. While you cannot pursue their master's in financial engineering on-line, they do offer a certificate in financial engineering. You also can take many of the individual courses offered within the master's program. The link is below:http://www.cvn.columbia.edu/