SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Ludo
Topic Author

DEA 104

April 4th, 2005, 8:10 am

Hello,Could you tell me please what the career path (traders, structurers, sales, M&A ... or anything else) do people from DEA 104 - Dauphine follow ?I ask for this question because contrary to dess 203, the DEA 104 communication/PR seems really poor and i can't find any CV about people from dea 104.Thank you for your answer.

Tomfr

DEA 104

April 4th, 2005, 12:46 pm

Are you currently enrolled in it or looking forward to apply? I applied there two years ago (but went to a engineering school instead) and I had mixed feelings regarding the recognition of the DEA 104: as it suffers from the competition of the MASE on the DEA side and of the DESS 203 on the financial markets side, it has tended to switch to an "ALM training" scheme during the past year and I am not really quite sure it is quantitative enough to cover the whole scope of IB jobs. Exotic sales would probably be the best bet.

quantstudent19

DEA 104

April 4th, 2005, 3:08 pm

yeah, agree with Tomfr. I doubt there are a lot of DEA 104 graduates heading to front office positionsI know that in the past years some of them got offers in corporate finance at small shops or in middle/back office at French IBs. Having taken one of their courses, I have to say it can hardly be called quantitative (and it was supposed to be among the most quant ones, because in common with DEA MASE)
Last edited by quantstudent19 on April 3rd, 2005, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benchy

DEA 104

April 23rd, 2005, 7:05 am

Come on....a DEA and then you're enrolled in a back/middle office position ??? I 'll comitt suicide...I have met many traders and sales in London/Paris who have done this DEA (even if it's true you're in competiton with MASE and 203)Why don't you apply to ENSAE ? (QuantStudent, Tomfr, am I a ggod salesman ???)

jebus

DEA 104

April 25th, 2005, 11:39 am

Quick question about Ensae:If I apply as a graduate of a four-year mathematics degree, with very little knowledge of economics, will I have to spend 3 years at Ensae or can I do it in 2 years like most of the engineers seem to do?

Tomfr

DEA 104

April 25th, 2005, 12:01 pm

most "admis sur titres" actually come from a four-year university background (most likely maitrise MASS, from top university with top grades), though for the current 3rd year, there also are three Centrale (2 Lyons, 1 Lille), 1 Supelec and 1 Essec. Some economic background may be preferred though.

quantstudent19

DEA 104

April 25th, 2005, 12:34 pm

i think if you got no economics background, there are some tests before the beginning of academic yearif you fail them, you're in 1st yr, if you pass you get onto 2nd yrsthg like that...i dont remember anybody getting directily in 2nd yr from a pure maths "maitrise". those usually have MASS or "grandes ecoles" degrees as tomfr said.i do remember there was a student who had a pure maths background in my class, she got admitted in 1st yearfeel free to PM me if you need any more info
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On