SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Genius working for DE Shaw

March 20th, 2013, 6:09 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: capafan2QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaIt's usually the rule that the elite people avoid social media.Or people who are wannabe elites. I know people proudly declare with a smirk - "I don't have a Facebook account". Surely Facebook misses them. I told one - "Ofcourse! If I were you I would avoid Facebook. You need friends for being there". What is so elite about being a Senior guy in a bank (even a MD).I didn't mean bank MDs. I meant people like Pat Hagan, Peter Carr, etc.

Gamal

March 21st, 2013, 9:47 am

Pat used to post here a lot, the same Schönbucher, Piterbarg is still present.

deepvalue

June 26th, 2013, 5:34 am

Hey, you forgot me! I'm still here, and still looking for a job.

deepvalue

June 26th, 2013, 5:35 am

Hey, escape. Are you employed yet?

NYCfund

August 20th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Oh dear. Somebody doesn't have a clue. Try googling the math olympiad and the NYC real estate sales. Those guys living in $20 million apartments are probably making a bit more than Farmer Brown here.

EscapeArtist999

August 20th, 2013, 1:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: deepvalueHey, escape. Are you employed yet? Unfortunately yes.

farmer

August 20th, 2013, 1:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: NYCfundOh dear. Somebody doesn't have a clue. Try googling the math olympiad and the NYC real estate sales. Those guys living in $20 million apartments are probably making a bit more than Farmer Brown here.You are a lazy fucker. Why not provide two links, and a paragraph to tie them together. If you imagine you have so much credibility that someone will a) run off googling on your general hint, or b) fill out some larger conclusion based on your suggestion - someone other than a child - you are clueless.If someone is living in NYC and can afford to do laundry, he is probably making more than me. I am living in Miami, and my expenses are zero. I drove down here on a whim the other week when a bunch of free gasoline dropped into my lap. I was about to drive home, when someone offered me a yacht to cruise around in as often as I wanted. Then one day some rich people drove down to the water when I was anchored off downtown, and offered me a free house by the bay to stay in.This gives me plenty of free time to offer you a challenge: Devise some sort of decathlon of ingenuity. Put your smartest olympiad winner against me, for whatever stakes you name. I think bragging rights alone would be enough for someone who is bragging about something he did as a teenager. I will expose your champion for the boy he still is.

NYCfund

November 11th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Why would a Putnam winner with a $30 MM apartment and trophy wife and kids want to tangle with a Miami slacker? Why don't you challenge A-Rod to "home run derby"?

EscapeArtist999

November 11th, 2013, 3:10 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: NYCfundOh dear. Somebody doesn't have a clue. Try googling the math olympiad and the NYC real estate sales. Those guys living in $20 million apartments are probably making a bit more than Farmer Brown here.You are a lazy fucker. Why not provide two links, and a paragraph to tie them together. If you imagine you have so much credibility that someone will a) run off googling on your general hint, or b) fill out some larger conclusion based on your suggestion - someone other than a child - you are clueless.If someone is living in NYC and can afford to do laundry, he is probably making more than me. I am living in Miami, and my expenses are zero. I drove down here on a whim the other week when a bunch of free gasoline dropped into my lap. I was about to drive home, when someone offered me a yacht to cruise around in as often as I wanted. Then one day some rich people drove down to the water when I was anchored off downtown, and offered me a free house by the bay to stay in.This gives me plenty of free time to offer you a challenge: Devise some sort of decathlon of ingenuity. Put your smartest olympiad winner against me, for whatever stakes you name. I think bragging rights alone would be enough for someone who is bragging about something he did as a teenager. I will expose your champion for the boy he still is.- farmer you would have to reveal your true identity then.

farmer

November 11th, 2013, 10:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999- farmer you would have to reveal your true identity then.I have posted my name, pictures of me, and even my address within a few blocks all over this place.I have even posted my score on an online IQ test and my body weight. I even posted my annual income, in a year when I spent $29,000 on liquor. And also the size of my local sales tax deduction using itemized deductions living in South Beach, I think.It probably doesn't register because I am really just nobody. Just a typical bitchy middle-aged guy in line at the grocery store.
Last edited by farmer on November 11th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThinkDifferent

November 12th, 2013, 3:50 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: NYCfundOh dear. Somebody doesn't have a clue. Try googling the math olympiad and the NYC real estate sales. Those guys living in $20 million apartments are probably making a bit more than Farmer Brown here.I tried googling and didn't find anything. I must have used a wrong google.

EscapeArtist999

November 12th, 2013, 8:43 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: NYCfundOh dear. Somebody doesn't have a clue. Try googling the math olympiad and the NYC real estate sales. Those guys living in $20 million apartments are probably making a bit more than Farmer Brown here.I tried googling and didn't find anything. I must have used a wrong google.TD I think you may want to upgrade to the googleplexor search tool... farmer swears by it.

EscapeArtist999

November 12th, 2013, 8:43 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999- farmer you would have to reveal your true identity then.I have posted my name, pictures of me, and even my address within a few blocks all over this place.I have even posted my score on an online IQ test and my body weight. I even posted my annual income, in a year when I spent $29,000 on liquor. And also the size of my local sales tax deduction using itemized deductions living in South Beach, I think.It probably doesn't register because I am really just nobody. Just a typical bitchy middle-aged guy in line at the grocery store.All fictionalised no doubt.

farmer

November 12th, 2013, 11:54 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999All fictionalised no doubt.You have identified me as an obscure, web-based writer of fiction. And therefore, unlike David Shaw, not really interesting enough to make a whole thread about.

EscapeArtist999

November 12th, 2013, 1:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999All fictionalised no doubt.You have identified me as an obscure, web-based writer of fiction. And therefore, unlike David Shaw, not really interesting enough to make a whole thread about.Actually I findthis talk of shaw insanely boring ... and in all fairness there are a couple of farmer threads. I'm all for a death match between farmer (alias) and Dr Davind Shaw - but I insist on you then completely revealing your true identity and such.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On