Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

farmer

Genius working for DE Shaw

November 12th, 2013, 1:33 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: NYCfundWhy would a Putnam winner with a $30 MM apartment and trophy wife and kids want to tangle with a Miami slacker? Why don't you challenge A-Rod to "home run derby"?At least now you understand how I feel about your silly math camp and anything inside the borders of New York State. So far as the "trophy wife" of anyone working at DE Shaw, I honestly and sincerely doubt there is anyone there I would walk two blocks to have sex with. Otherwise I would be in NYC going after that, right?My dog works very hard, broke into the refrigerator yesterday and ate 2.5 pounds of sausage and a half a loaf of bread. I would no more want to get down on the floor and fight over that than fight over whatever hog some geek got to have sex with for the first time in his life. Anyone is a slacker, when faced with fighting for what a dog eats.My friend was puzzling over this just last night, as to why any millionaire would get married at all in the US. I explained to him that some girls are smart enough to cash that check, and some guys are kind of hard up and have to pay it.There is another thing called love, but you made clear that was not involved. So seriously, if this dipshit likes hot girls, why run around with the first one like some starving dog with the only sausage he ever hopes to get? There are much higher mountains, and many of them, if that is what you wish to climb. I am not calling your friend a slacker, just a guy who knows he is not all that and is thankful for his lot in life.

farmer

November 12th, 2013, 2:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: NYCfundtrophy wife and kidsI just feel sorry for the kids. I know you are used to some kind of sociopaths. But even a self-centered person wants to make copies of himself, and give the copies the best possible chance of happiness.I wonder if the father who sent this kid to the math camp liked referring to the mother of his child as a "trophy wife." More likely he chose someone who shared his same values and had a talent for math.Your friend has been led by his desperation and sexual appetite into a fatal and irrecoverable fuckup. He is like some tragic caricature, whose trait of hubris is as common as rain.

neuroguy

November 12th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Quote... led by his desperation and sexual appetite into a fatal and irrecoverable fuckup. He is like some tragic caricature, whose trait of hubris is as common as rain.Sounds familiar.F**k it! That is where I went wrong.And I have to find out on Wilmott.

EscapeArtist999

November 13th, 2013, 2:54 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: NYCfundtrophy wife and kidsI just feel sorry for the kids. I know you are used to some kind of sociopaths. But even a self-centered person wants to make copies of himself, and give the copies the best possible chance of happiness.I wonder if the father who sent this kid to the math camp liked referring to the mother of his child as a "trophy wife." More likely he chose someone who shared his same values and had a talent for math.Your friend has been led by his desperation and sexual appetite into a fatal and irrecoverable fuckup. He is like some tragic caricature, whose trait of hubris is as common as rain.Operate your trophy family from the desert?
Last edited by EscapeArtist999 on November 12th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer

November 14th, 2013, 11:13 am

It just realized, David Shaw and I have at least one thing in common: Neither of us has ever made a successful simulation of the behavior of proteins.
Last edited by farmer on November 13th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToInfinity

March 15th, 2016, 6:06 am