SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

twofish

Working on vacations etc

December 9th, 2007, 4:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaThat's why it will almost never happen. Most people working more than 10 hours/day are not in quantitative finance, but in some Third World sweatshop. With them, it's not an "agreement" but exploitation.But since this forum is about people working in quantitative finance, that point is rather irrelevant to the current discussion.

twofish

Working on vacations etc

December 9th, 2007, 4:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: amerikangjlipman, thank you for your answerDo you know how much researchers usually work?It really depends. People in industrial and national labs tend to about the same as people in quantitative finance. Junior faculty in academia tend to work a lot longer hours, because they don't have free weekends.

amerikan
Topic Author

Working on vacations etc

December 9th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Okey, I hope you understood I was talking about researchers in quantitative finance. I read that they got lower wages, but in return, you don't need to work as much as quants who are doing something useful like working for hedge funds
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On