SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

noexpert
Topic Author

Good Headhunters for an entry level quant position !

January 11th, 2008, 5:23 pm

I am thinking of contacting a HH (HHs) for an entry level quant position. I am in my final year and I am doing my phd from a top IVY league institution. Can someone suggest me names of couple of good HHs ?? Thanks a lot!I have already contacted DCFC (sent my CV too) but have not heard anything from him. May be he is too busy or just did not like my CV.

noexpert
Topic Author

January 13th, 2008, 7:21 pm

No one here has any recommendations? Anyone any help/ suggestions??

volatilitysmiles

January 15th, 2008, 7:57 pm

i can tell you about hh to avoid - Shelby Jennings (most of the times they like to get info where you interviewed which they can use for thier own candidates)Huxley Analytic Recruiting (they keep on posting jobs even though they dont have any jobs)Best bet is to check out company websites everyday, networking or look up important people on bloomberg and send out 100's of emails as you might get lucky

PrincipalStrat

January 16th, 2008, 11:43 am

I received an email from selbyjennings this week:...I’d like to catch up shortly and in the meantime clarify which opportunities you have already investigated in order to avoid any cross-over or duplication and to make sure that we are in a position to act quickly on your behalf. Please can you confirm what interviews you have had over the recent months and which people you met at each desk, this information will be useful: - Organisation- Role- Contact/Hiring Manager- Date of interview I look forward to your email and would you be interested in seeing the newsletter? Regards

DominicConnor

January 16th, 2008, 11:59 am

It is of course necessary for HHs to have both candidates and client else the whole thing just does not work for anyone, and in fairness part of the due diligence is to make sure you don't get sent to the same manager twice.But, when you are looking for a job, the last thing you should do is give a HH names of people who are thinking of hiring you. The HH has your CV so automatically knows roughly what the hiring manager is looking for, and thus can send a bunch of competing CVs to him.Of course once you have a job, then this information still has value to a HH since you now have a list of hiring managers who have not yet got what they want. If you care to share this with P&D, we are grateful But we don't ask for it during the period you are looking.If you can be bothered, a simple test is to give the name of a friend at some bank, and see if they get a call, then report back.

noexpert
Topic Author

January 16th, 2008, 7:07 pm

Any experience with Smith Hanley? Options Group? Hudson Placement ?

player

January 17th, 2008, 9:51 am

does this work Quotelook up important people on bloomberg
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On