Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

lemma
Topic Author

What are my options?

March 18th, 2008, 2:32 am

Hi All,I am in an IT program(masters) in a reputed univ on the east coast. My course work includes courses in finance, accounting, OR, fin.modelling, economics and stats in addition to IT courses. I am taking up an internship with a software firm in SFO and am looking at financial firms for full-time. 1> What should I be doing in the next 4-6 months when Im looking for a very interesting and lucrative position in Chicago or NY?2> What are the avenues that I shld be looking. The career fairs in the univ attract all the big banks but they hire for a generic analyst position. If you are a HR pls feel free to PM me.kind regards,AK

lrt1980

What are my options?

March 18th, 2008, 2:54 am

If you are like me, you'll be keeping your fingers crossed that no more banks go under! Have you looked at any of the recruitment drives from the various firms - or has the graduate intake period finished in the US for the year?

lemma
Topic Author

What are my options?

March 20th, 2008, 10:20 pm

the recruitment drive(i believe on campus presentations etc) will begine around august....i expect the actove recruitment to start sometime around september.... so what should i be idealy doing now
Last edited by lemma on March 19th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lemma
Topic Author

What are my options?

March 30th, 2008, 8:22 am

***BOUNCE***