SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

KennyMing

Oxford PhD vs ETH Msc

November 30th, 2009, 10:43 am

Is the program fully taught in English? I haven't learnt any German before.
Last edited by KennyMing on November 29th, 2009, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elio

Oxford PhD vs ETH Msc

November 30th, 2009, 10:58 am

Do you mean SFI PhD or MSc QF? Both are in English of course.There's also Master of Financial Engineering @ EPFL also taught in Engilsh.

KennyMing

Oxford PhD vs ETH Msc

November 30th, 2009, 11:30 am

Alright, but how is the placement record of ETH MSc QF and EPFL MSc Fin Eng? I think you may have some insights.

elio

Oxford PhD vs ETH Msc

November 30th, 2009, 12:31 pm

I don't know much about EPFL, except that they help in arranging in internship, which is quite feasible given number of shops in Geneva.Concerning MSc QF in Zurich, I would say that graduates' placements depend mostly on the graduates themselves, though benefiting from the program's contacts is not that uncommon also.I once spoke to a guy from Imperial's masters and I think it's actually quite the same there, despite that Imperial's program might market itself more agressively. Of course being physically in London helps, but you'll have to rely more on yourself rather than the school. That's probably a difference between such programs and places like LBS.If you want more details, PM me. Though I remember we were discussing the issue once and I don't think much changed since then.P.S. Update: Concerning MSc Quantitative Finance UZH/ETH (former MAS Finance) graduates, there's an (outdated) alumni site http://www.alumni-msfinance.ch/. There's been some activity and it looks it should be updated soon.
Last edited by elio on November 30th, 2009, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KennyMing

Oxford PhD vs ETH Msc

December 4th, 2009, 11:30 pm

How about if the internship arrangement or company project arrangement at ETH MSc?

• Advertisement

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On