Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

vikashnehra
Topic Author

Need help regarding Edinburgh, MBS and York Mathematical Finance/Fin. Engg courses

December 11th, 2009, 6:57 am

Hi;I have applied for MSc. in Financial Mathematics in UK for 2010 year. Currently I have admits from 1. York University - Mathematical Finance2. Manchester Business School - Quantitative Finance and Financial Engineering3. University of Edinburgh (Heriot-Watt) - Financial Mathematics.Can some one advice/guide to decide which is a better option for the 3 universities in terms of program's course coverage , industry recognition.My background is BE/MS in Computer Science, 3.5 years C++ s/w design and development exp. CFA level 1 clear.Thanks,

AbhiJ

Need help regarding Edinburgh, MBS and York Mathematical Finance/Fin. Engg courses

December 11th, 2009, 7:26 am

I would go with MBS, simply as its a B School and will have better career services.Have you tried LSE Mathematical Finance/ Finance and Economics/Oxford MSCF?There are host of other programs you can try in USA/Europe.

vikashnehra
Topic Author

December 12th, 2009, 7:50 am

LSE was unsuccessful , waiting on OX and Imperial. All these schools need "Mathematics or mathematics based" degree, MBS apart from being a B school, any other advantage/comment in terms of course contents etc. over Edinburgh/York? Do you happen to know any individual who has done similar course from these schools ?

KennyMing

December 13th, 2009, 2:27 am

You may try Warwick MSc Financial Mathematics and King's College London MSc Financial Mathematics