Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

farmer
Topic Author

let me give you young people a tip about work: it's not worth it

October 12th, 2010, 10:19 am

No one has done more to make themselves look like pansies, and destroy their popular image, than Goldman Sachs. You go into every poor community, you will find a Mr. Big, whether he is the Sicilian Don, Fidel Castro, or the owner of a grocery store. They are a patriarchal society. Investment bankers used to be the patriarchs of a free society, nobody would take away their money. But Goldman Sachs has run around begging for forgiveness and acting guilty in such a pathetic feminine way - acting like they don't deserve the money or the responsibility - nobody has any respect for them any more. How much money can I take from those sissy faggots today?In the UK, they should have said we, the investment banking community, and not some faggot boy politician, are your fathers. The CIA had it right, Lloyd Blankfein and Timothy Geithner both need to grow beards.

farmer
Topic Author

October 15th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Buy me a new pipeline while you are at it. And when I tell you to buy a new pipeline after I break it, you will answer "Sir, yes sir!"QuotePARIS (AFP) - ? The fuel pipeline to Paris' two main airports as well as depots outside the capital was cut on Friday, operator Trapil told AFP, as pension reform protests around the country hit supplies.The main Paris air hub, Charles de Gaulle, could run out of fuel as early as next week, a company spokesman said, adding that three fuel depots supplying road filling stations south of the capital would also be hit.

farmer
Topic Author

October 26th, 2010, 1:58 am

Here is an example where anyone will agree you would have to be batty to work:QuoteFurther, the new health law will give some older households without access to employer care a big incentive not to earn too much. That?s because earning more than 400% of the poverty level would make them ineligible for subsidies that may be well in excess of $10,000 for couples.Consider this example of a single individual age 62 in a high-cost area and no access to employer care. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation?s Health Reform Subsidy Calculator:* At 200% of the poverty level, or $23,000 in income in 2014, an individual would get $10,750 in premium subsidies.* At 400% of the poverty level, or $46,000, an individual would get $7,830 in premium subsidies.* And at 401% of the poverty level, an individual would get no government support.So what is he going to get for dragging himself to work each day? 15 cents on the dollar? 50 cents after healthcare. After car payments, gas, lunch, clothes, whatever, it will be 15 cents. Why not make your own furniture in that situation? Why not just pick up a used camera and make films all day?Not to mention, your children under age 23 will become ineligible for college loans and grants if you earn any money. There goes that last 15 cents and then some. Your children will be better off working themselves at the ice cream parlor, or babysitting under the table, rather than you working an office job.The only work that is worth doing is work that is very easy, doesn't take much time, will most likely produce no reported income, but has a small chance of making a ton of money, and is enjoyable. Become a rock star. An unprofitable one. They can't tax your groupies.

KackToodles

October 26th, 2010, 4:02 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: prasenjit0211Some people derive happiness from internal factors like solving problems, abstract thinking. These tend to stay in academia inspite of low pay. Picasso, Supreme Court justices, Stephen King, and Michael Jackson are/were pretty good at abstract thinking and none of them are in academia.