SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

VegaPlus
Topic Author

Morgan Stanley Desk strats - MSSM group

November 29th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Hi,Does anyone know if Desk strats at MS in the MSSM group sit on the trading floor? What are the main duties? According to their website, they do sit on the trading floor but I could read on this forum that people in MSSM are not front office in opposite of people in IDEAS. Is that true?What kind of questions can one expect from a 30min phone interview for the Quantitative Finance Program (like a graduate program but in quantitative finance)?I know what a Desk strats is a GS but at MS it looks more complicated between IDEAS and MSSM.Thanks.

endian675

November 30th, 2010, 7:47 am

This thread came up on the search, http://www.wilmott.com/messageview.cfm? ... 79920there were a few others too. HTH.

kiwiman

December 1st, 2010, 10:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: VegaPlusHi,Does anyone know if Desk strats at MS in the MSSM group sit on the trading floor? What are the main duties? According to their website, they do sit on the trading floor but I could read on this forum that people in MSSM are not front office in opposite of people in IDEAS. Is that true?What kind of questions can one expect from a 30min phone interview for the Quantitative Finance Program (like a graduate program but in quantitative finance)?I know what a Desk strats is a GS but at MS it looks more complicated between IDEAS and MSSM.Thanks.Desk strats at MS are similar to GS. They sit on the trading floor next to trading and structuring and own the models and analytics used by them. Although they are technically part of MSSM they report to the head of their asset class.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On